Home

Apst

Goose_Of_Mercy

The reason PvP in this game is not as fun as it COULD be is due to a great imbalance in the classes. That is SUPPOSED to be addressed in the Combat/Galactic Civil War Revamps, but we will see.

I think PvP was a waste when nobody had great armor, because everyone died extremely fast, BUT the classes were balanced more than they are now due to that fact. Nobody was even thining about Stun damage/armor. Pistoleer was great, Carbineer still costed too much without great buffs, and TKA was being heralded as the beat all end all class even when it was still borked. Those were the days of no great armor and no great buffs. It took a week or two of extreme work to master a class then. Now, you just get buffs and some good kinetic armor then head out and master a combat class in three days of minimal effort.

With armor getting better, and buffs getting stronger, many Professions started to decline in power since they could not send any damage through the armor. Then Stun damage was discovered and PvP changed forever. Now, in order to stay alive for any amount of time, you need Stun armor and great mods. You need mind attacks as your offence. And how many people have plain stopped getting medic because they never take any body damage? Everyone has a mind poison/burn weapon.

The fuss over KD/Dizzy is basically dead. People started to complain that mind damage was fast becoming the only viable means to drop an opponent, and that made Rifle/CM one of the strongest builds out there. Weak on defense, GREAT on offence.

These are all part of one chain of events that have evolved PvP over time. With the addition of item decay, many just say the risk of decaying that expensive equipment outways the joys of PvP. Especially now. Well, insurance is rather cheap, and with the PvP decay bug pretty much fixed, what loss is there now?

I really hope the Devs balance everything out, so that there are strengths and weaknesses to all the classes, and that each can perform a unique role in PvP/PvE in order to flush away the heap of Rifle/CMs we have. But mostly make some other class just as good as Rifleman, or tone Rifles down. A Rifle/CM can solo krayts too easily.:p I want the days back when Krayts raped me.:D

So problems with PvP are not all caused by players directly, just by players finding the best way to remain alive for the longest time with the tools they are allowed to choose from.

..........................................................bang

This "new" pvp thing is going on next week. I'm really pumped up about it, I'll tell you guys how it goes.

And, if anyone has heard about Halva...well it helps with Heal Recovery speed so you can speed buff and heal super fast

.Also makes CMs throw poison uberly fast... I'm having a hard time finding some, so if anyone knows where to get some email me or send me a tell or something.

Originally posted by Goose_Of_Mercy

This "new" pvp thing is going on next week. I'm really pumped up about it, I'll tell you guys how it goes.

And, if anyone has heard about Halva...well it helps with Heal Recovery speed so you can speed buff and heal super fast

.Also makes CMs throw poison uberly fast... I'm having a hard time finding some, so if anyone knows where to get some email me or send me a tell or something.

Yea that thing sounds pretty kool.

How many peeps are on each team?

Archived