Home

The Chronicles of Riddick

RoxStar

watched PB last night (with the lights off.). It wasn't bad, had a nice premise, nice character interaction and pretty good acting.

The cinematography was interesting, but mainly due to the low budget and need to make the weather look better.

the only problem with it was it wasn't really scary. A film like that needs at least a few "jump out of your seat" moments.

Not as good as aliens of course, but then what is...

The thing is, at the end of PB they indicate that the old criminal Riddick "died back on that planet" and he has turned over a new leaf. But if COR is set 6 years later and he has gone all good then it will remove 90% of the uniqueness of his character and turn COR into a standard sci-fi action film. The best thing about PB was that none of the characters were all good or all bad. They need to keep THAT riddick to make the new films interesting.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too liked Pitch Black, and there seems to be a positive vibe about Riddick, so I definitely want to see it at some point.

As for the game...well, I'm waiting on other people's views on it. I don't even have an Xbox at this point...but the game does interest me....

Originally posted by ET Warrior

In all honesty...I'm not sure if Vin Diesel understands the terms prequel and sequel...he doesn't come across as that intelligent of a person ya know? :p

he must be a pretty intelligent person. he enrolled in hunter college as an english major (dropped out after 3 years but still) i think he is a lot more intelligent then a lot of people give him credit for

Originally posted by The Cheat

he must be a pretty intelligent person. he enrolled in hunter college as an english major (dropped out after 3 years but still) i think he is a lot more intelligent then a lot of people give him credit for

It was just a joke......

And for anyone who wants a review of the video game, I say get it, or at LEAST rent it. It's a really well done FPS, and the it's got some wicked atmosphere, excellent voice acting, beautiful graphics, kickass melee combat, cool guns, and all that jazz.

It's really unique also in that you REALLY feel like you are taking part in a movie, the opening sequence sets this up very nicely.

I give it a 9/10.

well i'll be it said some where like "see how he got there" in pitch black.

That's what the game does, you might recall Johns mentioning in Pitch Black that he escaped from a max security prison...that's what you're doing in the video game. The game also shows him getting his eye shine :)

Edit - Just got back from seeing Chronicles, and it rocked my socks off. Don't go to this movie expecting anything other than a good ol fashioned action movie with lots o' killing. It was not ANYTHING like pitch black, so don't expect something similar, but it was still excellent. I give it 8.5/10

On ET's advice, I rented the game. It is absolutely amazing. I love every bit of it save for one thing- the profanity. They cuss like sailors at Christmas time. A LOT of MFing and GDing going on, and I can't stand those words.

I ignore them though, because the game rocks.

The cursing IS pretty rough at time...the only time it bothers me is when my mom wanders into the room when I'm playing, the words don't bother me, and I don't think my mom even cares, but it's just one of those things..

I do, however, think it's kind of a nice touch, like I said the whole game really plays out like a movie, and having all the inmates curse like they do is a realistic touch.

Wasn't the opening sequence when you're being brought into the jail neat obi?

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Wasn't the opening sequence when you're being brought into the jail neat obi?

Absolutely, man! That was so cool and unique. I looked around, but couldn't move, it was very realistic.

I've played it a while and I'm on the part when I have to get to the mines now. So far, this is probably the best game for xbox I've ever played. (besides Kotor and Halo, naturally)

so it is definately a sequel then??? ;)

Is Riddick still a bit evil, or has he changed into a complete hero in this one?

I'll still watch it and probably like it whatever, but it'd be more unique if he was still an antihero...

PS/ what is GDing? must have missed learning a swearword when i was growing up...:confused::(

Originally posted by toms

PS/ what is GDing? must have missed learning a swearword when i was growing up...:confused::(

God Dernit, so to speak.

And yea, ET, I use sneak attacks most of the time. The game's too freaking hard to go head-on in many situations. I'm stuck too, maybe you can help. I'm at the part when I've just gave Valance that package and I have to go to tower 19. I take the elevator up, but there is nothing but a wall to climb over. I climbed over it, and there's a security mech thing there, and another wall. I can't kill the mech, and I can't climb over the wall. I'm stuck =(

Originally posted by toms

so it is definately a sequel then??? ;)

Yup, 100% sequel.

Riddick is a little bit of still a rogue badguy does what he wants for himself. But, like he said at the end of Pitch Black

Riddick died somewhere on that planet

Well, I saw Riddick..

IT WAS FRICKIN AWESOME!

I loved it. I think it rivals on Hellboy at exceeding my expectations.

Riddick was awesome, he was a complete badass hero.

The storyline was alot better than I expected, and the universes created, and the atmosphere made, the movie a hell of a lot better.

Of course, there is a tiny bit of cheesy dialogue, but Vin Diesel does them well.

*wants his eyes shined*

I'm totally with Mike on this one. I LOVED the movie. The story was a lot more decent than I expected, and the action sequences were absolutely fantastic.

I'm at the part when I've just gave Valance that package and I have to go to tower 19. I take the elevator up, but there is nothing but a wall to climb over. I climbed over it, and there's a security mech thing there, and another wall. I can't kill the mech, and I can't climb over the wall. I'm stuck =(

Sorry man, I can't help you....I'm not that far yet, I just got down into the mines, and just got the tranq gun. (How awesome is that gun?)

I bought the Riddick game on Friday, and haven't had time to play it.

I'm gonna see the movie either tomorrow or this weekend. :)

Everyone I know who saw it, says it's good.

I'm beginning to doubt Rotten Tomatoes' credibility. They said Troy sucked too. How can you not like a movie like that?!?:mad:

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

I'm beginning to doubt Rotten Tomatoes' credibility. They said Troy sucked too. How can you not like a movie like that?!?:mad:

Well, if you like, don't like cool fighting scenes and a really neat story...then I can see how you wouldn't like it....

Although honestly the music in that movie sucked hard.

Oh My Gosh, ET. I found a way past that point and played it for like 4 hours straight.

I beat it. It was way too short. Still a good game though. I won't give the ending away, but I will say that it completely freaking rocks.

And yes, the tranq gun owns. I like the way it shocks 'um down to the ground and you stomp the living crap outta them :D

I also like the fact you can use it on the guard mechs and it freezes them for a few seconds. I hate those things, man.

Originally posted by leXX

Are you kidding? He's well fit. ;)

I'm glad you said that lexxy, not me :p

havent seen Riddick yet, gotta see PB first too :)

as good as this movie may turn out being....Dont expect any av/sig changes from Astro though, I love my beloved FFsaga too much !

speaking of Riddick, how did Judi Dench do ? she's an awesome dramatic actress. Anyone intrested in her work should try and get their hands on some of the stuff she did when she was with the Royal Shakespearian Theatre Co. Her Lady Macbeth is absolutely *chilling*

mtfwbya

Archived