Home

What games are we going to this fall?

FroZticles

What game you picking up this fall?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What game you picking up this fall?

• SWG-expansion
    • World of Warcraft
    • Battle for Middle-Earth
    • Battlefront
    • other (explain)

After my last game decision and $300 later I finally realised SWG was the greatest flop MMORPG ever so that cancels jump to hyper speed. Battlefront looks good but I'm not into first person shooters probably another reason why I dislike SWG. So I'm heading back into RTS. Battle for Middle Earth is where I'm going if anyone wants to find me and TRY!!!! to beat me :p.

But where is everyone headed?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted for Battle for Middle Earth because it just looks so amazing. I've been following it's development since very early days, and if EA lives up to everything they're claiming, it will be a simply amazing game, and will probably breath new life into the entire RTS genre with some of their revolutionary ideas. I'll definitely be in the shop on release day!

However recently I've become extremely excited about Battlefront. I'm not much of an FPS fan either, but Battlefront will be quite different, I believe. For a start, there will be a minimum of EU! So although I do like Star Wars better than Lord of the Rings, my love of RTS brings BfME to the top of the list.

The third on my list, possibly above Battlefront, is a game called Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War. It's an RTS set in the world of Warhammer 40,000, the table-top battle game. Relic looks to have introduced some revolutionary ideas into this too, though I'm a bit wary of their dumbed-down resource system. But my love of the Warhammer 40,000 Universe will see me in the stores to get this one too.

Until any of these are released, I'm playing the Frozen Throne expansion of WarCraft III, and trying to figure out why Command and Conquer Generals has suddenly stopped working on my machine...

I just started tracking BfMe a couple of weeks ago I checked out the press release last year and never looked at it. I recently watched the Return of the King and was blow away, best of the 3 by heaps. This was around the time E3 just finished and all the game sites were announcing the new games so I went to game spy and there was a excellent rating so I clicked and the only word to describe it is WOW!!!!!!!!! I love the no interface thing so you just focus on your units. Buildings don't play much of a role and like other games which require huge micro, this is down to minimum.

Battlefront looks great but the only thing stopping me from getting it is my connection so I'm waiting for them to connect the DAMN lines. Star Wars is good but I like LoTR just as much as soon as Episode 3 is released I'll like Star Wars more :D

I'm playing Frozen Throne also........

But the micro intensity is damn........

I'm just dying we have to wait 3 whole months :"(

Guest DarthMaulUK

Whoever voted for Galaxies needs a good hard slap!

Waste of money and time that game. Its about as close to Star Wars as an episode of Friends would be!

I voted Other.... well, for the UK... ROME: Total War, if it makes the xmas deadline, will rock major.

Otherwise I might fall into EAs trap and get Battle for Middle Earth but actual ingame footage is lacking but what I have seen made me fall asleep

PS: Call of Duty is probably the best game of the year! Its truely amazing.

DMUK

DMUK: In game footage for BfME is not lacking, just deceptive. You see, the game's interface has no control panel like most RTS games, instead the interface is context sensitive... so most likely all the footage you've seen is from in the game, you just don't realise it because of the different type of interface. I guess you'll just have to wait until your broadband is operational so you can download the E3 trailer... well worth the download!

Guest DarthMaulUK

Ive seen the trailer Admiral and I know EA. The masters of delivering rubbish that sells.

Not much game footage = rubbish. All this talk of emotions...but they cant get the troops to walk properly. They waddle like fat ducks!

Besides, all screens are on the highest spec PC and with a little help from Adobe and their creative manager.. i know, we do the same thing where i work. - replace PS2 screens with xbox screens etc.

I hope im wrong but with EAs track record, i dont think i will be. The AI interests me though...will we see a huge improvement on C&C Generals?

I don't tend to buy new games because no matter how good they might be, they're usually overpriced. Maybe I'll pick up some of these when they're 2 years old, if they don't suck. If you wait, you can pick up some real bargains. The next game I buy will probably be Call of Duty, although I'd like to try battlefront if I get broadband.

Other:I'm looking forward to Metroid Prime 2, cause the first one was incredibly well made. It was the first game that I've played that could be looked at for analysis, like with movies and books. In my mind, it represents the epitome of gaming and a sign of things to come, where games are made not only for entertainment, but for study. It pulled me away from AoM, and thats somethnig hard to pull off.

PS: Does everyone get those stupid annoying popups that change your homepage, and/or download a gazillion programs against your request? Thats why I stopped coming here, cause of those stupid ads, and they're still here. DMUK, I dont know how much say you have in these matters, but could LF find advertisers with a less aggresive and questionably ethical way of selling their products?

Sith I'm having sought of the same problem I have deleted all these programs I restart and they still there it must be a background program just reinstalling them each time. Plus I go to one site and get 10 pop ups and when I try closing my explorer crashes.

Archived