Home

What games are we going to this fall?

FroZticles

What game you picking up this fall?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What game you picking up this fall?

• SWG-expansion
    • World of Warcraft
    • Battle for Middle-Earth
    • Battlefront
    • other (explain)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Take GREAT pleasure of infroming you otherwise.

Try PSO III that can go online on gamecube and despite some people saying Gamecube Modems of both varieties are as difficult to find as Hen's teath they can be found in the local GAME for a very cheap price and have been there since about 2 months from the gamecubes release here in the UK.

Nintendo are still Market leaders They Innovate far more than Sony and Microsoft those 2 are primarily out to make money Nintendo is out to make games It is mostly Sony and Microsofts fault that the Market must now INNOVATE OR DIE because of this obsession with beefing up specs for the next console in order for it to be a next gen console, I eagerly await the DS as the PSP seems to bear all the hall marks of previous Failures at competiung with the Gameboy Namely Battery Life. Revoloution certainly sounds a treat from the rumours and if nintendo pulls out a few of it's Superior Franchises which the other two have very little hope of competeing with they shall dominate the next round.

I own both the Cube and Box, and I'm happy with it. The Cube has awesome games that the Box won't get, and the Box has games the Cube will never get. My only problem with PS2 is the controller and the fact that I don't have one :p

Frankly, I'm pretty disappointed in the DS... what is so freakin' innovative about a 2nd, useless touchpad screen? If anything, it would make games more annoying, and there's no telling how quickly it'll wear out or the screen gets all scratched out.

I don't know how useful is the second screen. Maybe just to wow consumers. "Hey we have 2 screens! 2 SCREENS!"

I disagree that a console is better then any other. All have their strengths and weaknesses.

I don't bother getting a console though. There's so much stuff you can do with a PC game you can't with a console.

Better graphics, mods, etc.

Very True however like the real world their strengths and weaknesses are constantly changing however there are some that remain constant.

Like Nintentdo's franchises and Microsofts Buy em Use em attitude and Sony's Low Tech Expensive Start Off approach which draws in more than you'd expect.

Remeber we've yet to see either of them on the street in action with games that utilise these features things rarely make sense until you see it work with your own two or in some cases four eyes.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I got my revised list of fall games! Shorterlist! Just buying Star Wars Battlefront for PS2. That should hold me over till the next PS2 Star Wars game comes out in April, 2005. I heard the Star Wars Lego game is coming out in April, 2005 with Star Wars Episode III video game coming out two weeks before the theatrical release of ROTS. Plus, I plan on going to Star Wars Celebration III in Indianapolis, IN. Hopefully I will have a new PC by then to be able to play the next star wars PC RTS game.

The sims 2 is pretty good but if you play the Broke family i think the first thing you have to do is get them a better house or it's rock hard.

Big improvement in some areas huge step back at first glance with some especially in the camera department the original simamera was far superior in most aspects

I plan on getting Sims 2 but I'm waiting for WoW. I love MMO and I think it will be awesome. Even after the huge SWG disappointment you would think I would be turned off MMORPG for life but WoW will hopefully change my mind.

Battlefront won't live up to the exspectations most people have set. It is a shame but if after 3 months of people being 100% happy about it then I may consider getting it.

B4ME I'll wait and buy it after christmas.

I may get Battlefront, though I think I'll read some player reviews first and see if there's anything significantly lacking that would ruin the gameplay. As far as other games are concerned, I'm looking to Jak III, Ratchet and Clank III, Sly Cooper 2 and Outlaw Golf 2.

Kryllith

Well the last I heard Battlefront will be released tomorrow. Also released tomorrow are the Star Wars DVDs. I'll be spending my money on the DVDs first. Fortunately I have access to an XBox, and the Star Wars DVDs just happen to have a playable Battlefront demo for XBox on them. So while I won't be getting Battlefront tomorrow, I will be playing the demo and letting everyone know my opinions.

Barring the Battlefront demo being absolutely horrendous I daresay I'll be getting it first when it comes to games, though even then I'll probably wait until I get back to Australia which won't be until January. After that I'll probably get Dawn of War, then BfME.

Archived