Home

Imperial Navy Trooper

HapSlash

I guess that really depends on where you go for your answer.

The first name associated with them was Death Squad Commander. In the Dark Forces games, they were referred to as Imperial Commandos. And, if you go to the Official Star Wars site, they're listed as Imperial Navy Troopers.

Out of these three names, only the Navy Trooper really seems to fit. The appear to be primarily for security, as guards onboard fleet ships and at Imperial installations, but not limited to. They are never seen on the front lines as any part of a fighting force, so the title commando is hardly fitting. And while the 'Death Squad Commander' title may sound "cool", since these soldiers are never seen to be in charge of any other troops, it doesn't really work either.

The second most accepted name is "Death Star Trooper." Even in the Star Wars Visual Dictionary they're called Death Star Troopers. But, there's actually a reason behind this:

Death Star Troopers were first picked by Grand Moff Tarkin to be guards onboard the first Death Star. Then after the Battle of Yavin, the Death Star Trooper ranks were expanded to become Imperial Navy Troopers. These new troopers would have similar duties, such as guarding Imperial installations, technicians, even picking up the latest officer choked by Vader. :p

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by HapSlash

I don't know what the point would be in making a version that wasn't wearing a helmet. You never see these guys without them on.

Excuse the ignorance, but what's Al Macs ?

He is a skinner, search him up on jk3files.com there is some work of his there.

Not really a request thread but how about you do a 'marauders' model for that ewok movie?

All I could find is a pick of the old man Terak, though I remember that the adverage marauder look like a member of dinzig or type o negative or something...

bfe40.JPG

looking sexy

bfe42.JPG

Originally posted by Weiser_Cain

looking sexy

bfe42.JPG

lol,... It's been a long, long time since I've seen Battle for Endor. To the best of my

recollection the marrauders were some pretty interesting characters and would

probably fit right in with JA's motley group. It's been so long that I don't remember

exactly what they looked like I could look around to see if I still have that old tape,

but then I'd have to watch it,...

:dev7:

Originally posted by guest

Any updates for the imperial officer? You said that he'd be delayed by two weeks, it's gone about 6.

For the past few weeks I've been far too busy to do much of anything with JK.

About the only thing I've been able to do is post a few of the WIP shots that I've

had lying around for a while.

Hopefully I'll have things cleared up within the next few days. Then I'll be able

to get in contact with Infinity Blade, to see if I can't light a fire under his ass.

I've already sent him two models to weight, and I haven't heard back on either

of them yet.

Originally posted by HapSlash

lol,... It's been a long, long time since I've seen Battle for Endor. To the best of my

recollection the marrauders were some pretty interesting characters and would

probably fit right in with JA's motley group. It's been so long that I don't remember

exactly what they looked like I could look around to see if I still have that old tape,

but then I'd have to watch it,...

Hey, if you're actually willing to do the model I'll (try to) do the research. I think I saw a picture of a young marauders somewhere... *Goes off to root through starwars pile*

• 1 month later...

The problem with these threads is that you see the first post and think "HOT DAMN THAT MODEL LOOKS GOOD!" Then you proceed to read the next 20 posts. By the time you get to the end, "HOT DAMN THAT MODEL LOOKS GOOD" wouldnt really sound right. So,

"Great job on the model hap, cant wait to download".

Archived