Home

Starship Troopers 2

Icemaniax

It was so low budget, I didn't even know about it. Then I saw the DVD at Best Buy, and i'm like: omgwtf! :o

My folks watched it, and said it's like the worse sequal ever. After revealing a few plot points to them, I don't doubt their opinion.

I actually own the First Starship Troopers movie. The only thing that keeps it from being GREAT in my opinion, is that it had a HORRIBLE cast. Seriously, to me it seemed like Beverly Hills 9021 in space. The only actor that didn't totally annoy me was Jake Busy, who didn't have too many lines anyways.

Now what REALLY looks interesting is the upcoming Starship Troopers video game.

Have a look!

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

It was so low budget, I didn't even know about it. Then I saw the DVD at Best Buy, and i'm like: omgwtf! :o

I actually own the First Starship Troopers movie. The only thing that keeps it from being GREAT in my opinion, is that it had a HORRIBLE cast. Seriously, to me it seemed like Beverly Hills 9021 in space.

LOL I only heard about it the other week and Beverly Hills 90210 in space brilliant :D I thought michael ironside was ok though

Originally posted by Poggle

LOL I only heard about it the other week and Beverly Hills 90210 in space brilliant :D I thought michael ironside was ok though

If that is the guy who played Drill Instructor Zim, yeah, he stole the movie! And also the guy who played the LT, can't spell his name, let alone pronounce it.

ST was fun for its day, a great use of the "mucho cut n paste" tool CGI animators perfected in ROTK and TROY.....

I was suprised ST2 existed too, when I bumped into at the video shop....I read somewhere that theyre thinkin of ST3, I hope not :(

mtfbwya

ST is almost a classic. It definately gets better the more you watch it. Not prehaps the most subtle of films, but it does have messges about freedom and liberty and so on that are pretty cool.

The Beverly hills in space cast was on purpose... it's half the fun to see them get ripped up. :D And i think the CGi has aged a lot better than a lot of other films that came out around then.

The "sequel" is a straight-to-video affair that has no right to be called a sequel. It's just a cash in. Ranks down there with Robocop 3.

PS/I still can't believe they haven't made an awesome dvd out of the original... the whole film is set up for it with all those "would you like to know more?" links popping up.

PPS/The cgi "cartoon" series is a much better sequel than ST2 could even hope to be.

PPS/The bugs are the good guys... you know they rule...:D :D :D

Originally posted by iceman87

Anyone else see it? I did today. was.. ok. I thought it needed a lil more pizaz..

yes, there weren't enough pizzas in it at all. I would've loved to see at least one piping hot pepperoni and super supreme in their somewhere... :p

*sorry dudes, Im hungry*

*runs to kitchen......nothin but pretzels, which make me thirsty* :p

mtfbwya

Originally posted by toms

i think the CGi has aged a lot better than a lot of other films that came out around then.

True the cgi still looks pretty good

The "sequel" is a straight-to-video affair that has no right to be called a sequel. It's just a cash in. Ranks down there with Robocop 3.

Robocop 3 *shudders* a blight on the world of cinema for ever more. ST2 cant be that bad ....... can it

I actually own the First Starship Troopers movie. The only thing that keeps it from being GREAT in my opinion, is that it had a HORRIBLE cast. Seriously, to me it seemed like Beverly Hills 9021 in space. The only actor that didn't totally annoy me was Jake Busy, who didn't have too many lines anyways.

well if i remember correctly it is supposed to be propaganda to join the army so of course they want all the people fighting to be young and pretty to get more people to join

If that is the guy who played Drill Instructor Zim, yeah, he stole the movie! And also the guy who played the LT, can't spell his name, let alone pronounce it.

No, wrong guy...

Michael Ironside was Lt. Jean Rasczak

22m.jpg

Also in Total Recall as Richter & Highlander II as Gen. Katana

Drill Instructor Zim was played by Clancy Brown

63m.jpg

Also in the HBO series Carnivale as Brother Justin Crowe and The Shawshank Redemption as Capt. Hadley

all info & pics courtesy The Internet Movie Databse :D

Hey, It might have been a 90210 look alike, but that's what we sacrise to have a fox like Denice Richards in it ;)

I thought the battle scenes were great too. I mean, when we see the camera pan up to a mass, no, hord of wasp/spider like aliens running toward the compound. Just great :), made me happy.

And, I also thought it was cool because it was the first time in a long time that I had seen Dougie Houser in something! Maybe wasn't a great bit of acting, but hey, DOUGIE ROCKS!!!

And yes, The second one does look like it blows big time. So no see'y for Troopr'y :)

DENICE RICHARDS IS HOT!....and you know it :mad:

What I hated about SST was how corny it was. I mean, it looks like some...man, I don't know.....the whole

"We need people like YOOOOOOOOUUUUUUU! YOOOOOOOUUUUUU will make the DIFFERENCE! JOIN TODAY!"

crap

it sounds like a cartoon.

It doesn't feel real at all.

Dina Meyer was hotter. Denise Richards has a fake plastic smile that annoys the bejeebus out of me. And how can you respect any woman that would marry Charlie Sheen?!

Quoted because he's right. God, I just want to punch Denise Richards in the face. Especially after her Unbelievably terrible performance in 'the world is not enough'.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Quoted because he's right. God, I just want to punch Denise Richards in the face. Especially after her Unbelievably terrible performance in 'the world is not enough'.

She really is a rotten actress isn't she?

TWINE:

Christmas Jones(?).....whatever....

"I thought Christmas came only once a year..."

_Worst Bond line ever!:mad:

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

What I hated about SST was how corny it was. I mean, it looks like some...man, I don't know.....the whole

"We need people like YOOOOOOOOUUUUUUU! YOOOOOOOUUUUUU will make the DIFFERENCE! JOIN TODAY!"

crap

it sounds like a cartoon.

It doesn't feel real at all.

I think someone missed the whole point of the movie...:rolleyes:

I actually liked denise richards in both sst and wine... i thought she fitted the roles very well. She was cool in wild things as well.

Hardly an oscar winning actress by any stretch of the imagination... but then that isn;t what was needed in any of those roles.

All this insistance on having "serious" bond girls (halle berry) has been the worst thing about the last few bond movies...

I think someone missed the whole point of the movie...:rolleyes:

I actually liked denise richards in both sst and wine... i thought she fitted the roles very well. She was cool in wild things as well.

Hardly an oscar winning actress by any stretch of the imagination... but then that isn;t what was needed in any of those roles.

All this insistance on having "serious" bond girls (halle berry) has been the worst thing about the last few bond movies...

I know what the point of the movie is..... it's just such a corny way to do anything....movies or games. StarCraft tried it and it really took out the seriousness of the storyline.

"ZEERRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!"

with blood font in green across the screen. Felt like some "horror" movie from the 70s

"I thought Christmas came only once a year..."

_Worst Bond line ever!:mad:

I agree some of those lines were awful

"I always wanted to have christmas in turkey!"

Absolutely shocking :mad:

Archived