Home

Will these be the TRUE SITH LORDS???

Naphtali

IM sure im not the only one who felt this way, but the SIth in part 1 were dorks and geeks. In particular on Korriban, its as if they just claim evil not having any reason for it. Their understanding of the force was also less than elementary.

Also it seemed that Malak relied to much on the Star Forge. All in all it seemed that Reven with possession of the star Forge took the title of Sith, they didn't seem to really be apart of it as far as following history.

What do you guys think?

I hope theirs something pointed out in Sith Lords, that these are the true Sith and Reven and Malak were just pretenders.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True Sith? I do not understand where you are coming from. What made Revan and Malak pretenders? Malak, yes, because he never really prooved that he was more powerful than Revan. But why was Revan not a true Sith Lord?

Originally posted by Hiroki

True Sith? I do not understand where you are coming from. What made Revan and Malak pretenders? Malak, yes, because he never really prooved that he was more powerful than Revan. But why was Revan not a true Sith Lord?

The Sith seemed to just claim evil, having no reason to align themselves with the darkside.

Reven it seemed just claimed Sith Lord because he had the power of the Star Forge to back him, which the main sith had knowledge of but didn't create.

The academy sith were especially goofy.

Perhaps in Sith Lords the incarnation of the Sith will be more menacing, actuallt threatening. And truly villanous, and having complexities and depth to them.

Originally posted by Naphtali

The academy sith were especially goofy.

Perhaps in Sith Lords the incarnation of the Sith will be more menacing, actually threatening. And truly villanous, and having complexities and depth to them.

Yeah...I have to agree with Naphtali on this one...the Sith in KotOR just had no depth to their character...they were somewhat...hollow...not truly menacing enough to befit their Sith characteristics.Sith should be much more menacing than that,do you?By the way,if there are facial actions and agressive attacks,they should implement them to the Sith's attacks,since their attacks are all purely hate-based,so they should show much more hate in their attacks.

When i agree that the Dark side in KOTOR was viewed as "bunch of thugs who want to deal pain" even on the Sith Academy, you at least got to say that Uther was the best personification of a real Sith in the game, he had intellegent reasons for beinga Sith he backed them with arguments and he had power, when i killed him, it almost felt that i killed Darth Vader, althought killing Malak was by far more fun in terms of fighting, i won him with 5 life, it gave a very movie like feel, especially with the music.

Revan you had to give depth yourself . . . Malak I loathed *grumbles* and the other Sith . . . Gods, so stereotypical.

*Says in high-pitch whiny voice:*

"I'm angry and stupid and I'm gonna kill you!!"

>_< Damn it, no! Naphtali was almost completely right. The Sith in the game were fools and weaklings. None of them understood the code and they were solely bullies. True, it's great fun to be a bully when you're Sith, because you can do whatever the bloody hell you like (okay, within reason. Forethought anyone?). However, that's for your entertainment when you're NOT training.

Uthar was great. I really liked him. Yuthera was too weak, but still, not a horrid Sith . . . No students took the training or the Sith seriously (saving Uthar); luckly, you could make them pay for their transgressions.

But the main problem, I think, is everyones misconceptions of the dark side and the Sith. Even your own character had to be a bully to be Sith. No one was painted to be a real Sith, only a bunch of punks who were trying to prove themselves. And if you have to "prove" you're Sith by living up to Jedi/social stereotypes, then you aren't really a Sith.

As it stands, though, the Lords will probably be a bunch of floudering, prancing fools who're a few steps short of wearing a tutu, or running around squealing because they busted a nail. *Stomps off, grumbling.*

PS: Another problem. Sith delight in a fight or killing was WAY too hollow and/or false and/or forced. It was as if they were saying: "Okay, I'm Sith, I'm supposed to like fighting, so I'll give a fake laugh; that way, I'll seem big and tough and it will seem like I'm enjoying this!"

NO! >_< Sith revel in battle, in the kill. I suppose I understand why there couldn't be more options at the end of a battle for slaying your enemy for those of more . . . Sithly bend, heh, but still. Hopefully the Lords at least will be a bit more, well, wicked. Even if the general characters can't be.

Please give us and lets us be real Sith. Not just bullies.

And I don't think Revan was a pretender. Perhaps I'm just bias for myself ^_^ but he/she/it has a nice resumé. I won't bother going into it now, we should all know it as it is . . . Malak, however, is a liar, a weakling and a fool. He was the definate pretender.

Uthar was the only one who had style. Malak probably had and maybe Revan had too but both had little character development(well when they were Sith lords at least).

Malak got almost zero character development. We never got the chance to really learn about him.

I think the Sith students at the Academy were well represented. Uthar had style because he was the master and he was older. The students are only brats and hooligans trying to stir up some trouble. There's a significant difference between students and masters.

I think Revan and Uthar were the best Sith characters in the game.

I believe that Revan was the character with greatest potential for emotional depth, since you could build it throughout the game. Also he did have a reason to turn to the darkside, turning away from the council to fight in the Mandalorian Wars.

I agree with Naphtali, the Sith in KOTOR were portraied as arrogant bullies, and whiny little cowards, I don't even think anyone in the game qualified as a true Dark Sith.

Revan came close but the Star Forge dependancy was his/her downfall, Uthar was also the only other one who seemed to have his head screwed on right. Malak had the heart, but that was it. The rest of the Sith were all whiny little pretenders.

A True Dark Lord of the Sith's name would not even be known by the galaxy at large, and the Dark Lord's would seek to wield their power from the shadows, or behind the scenes. Manipulating events to bring about their desired results, they could have the grand Sith fleet but it would be commanded by a loyal figurehead.

Example: Grand Moff Tarkin in Episode 4, he was in command of the Death Star and the Imperial Fleet, he ordered the Destruction of Alderaan, he was the percieved evil, all the while serving the cause of Darth Sideous/Emperor Palapatine, and that's the way a True Dark Lord of the Sith operates. If you must show your hand/existance at some point that is when you send your apprentice out to handle it, like Darth Maul was sent after Queen Amidala in Episode 1.

Of course this is all just my opinion, and I could be wrong! :D

A True Dark Lord of the Sith's name would not even be known by the galaxy at large, and the Dark Lord's would seek to wield their power from the shadows, or behind the scenes. Manipulating events to bring about their desired results....

I'm no EU expert but here's my take. Being that these events occured before the rule of two, Isn't this the sort of behavior that nearly brought the entire extinction of the Sith. The Sith were their own worst enemy.

Originally posted by deathdisco

I'm no EU expert but here's my take. Being that these events occured before the rule of two, Isn't this the sort of behavior that nearly brought the entire extinction of the Sith. The Sith were their own worst enemy.

Correct. The actions of the Sith in KOTOR is exactly why Bane implemented the rule of two.

Originally posted by RedHawke

A True Dark Lord of the Sith's name would not even be known by the galaxy at large, and the Dark Lord's would seek to wield their power from the shadows, or behind the scenes. Manipulating events to bring about their desired results....

Originally posted by deathdisco

But deathdisco... How did you get an EU reference out of my 'how a Sith should really be' statement. I wasn't talking about EU, I was talking about the Sith in the actual movies? :confused:

A True Dark Lord of the Sith's name would not even be known by the galaxy at large

It is likely that Vader was fairly well known.

and the Dark Lord's would seek to wield their power from the shadows, or behind the scenes. Manipulating events to bring about their desired results,

But they would use different strategies depending on the situatiuon and what they learned. The Sith Lords (namely Malak) had an entire fleet at their disposal that was loyal to the Sith cause (thus no need to hide your identity, and in that case it seems to have helped recruit). Why do things through secrecy and manipulation when you can take the galaxy by force? It would have been possible for Malak's fleet to conquer and control the galaxy in a few years. Doing so politically and behind the scenes would take more like decades, as in the case of Palpatine. One method is no more desirable than the other. They are both the means to an end, which is what is important.

Also remember that KOTOR is 4000 years before the Battle of Yavin. That is a lot of time to learn from mistakes. The Sith found that having a large society that knocked each other off all the time was not compatible to taking over the galaxy through military power. So Bane implemented the rule of two and the Sith ways began to focus more on other means, culminating in how we see Palpatine operating.

I think KOTOR does a good job of showing what the Sith were like at that point in history (it certainly is accurate from what other EU material states), and their behavior makes sense considering the resources and climate at the time. :)

But deathdisco... How did you get an EU reference out of my 'how a Sith should really be' statement. I wasn't talking about EU, I was talking about the Sith in the actual movies?

I brought up the EU because of the rule of two. It explains the whole subterfuge/working from the shadows aspect. Also isn't most of the Sith backstory from the EU?

I was just pointing out that the modern/movie Sith were a different breed. For the better of course:lightning:vadar:

Malak showed me some style at 1 point in the game, unfortunatly not really any more than that. When he turned Taris into rubble for not being able to find 1 person, that was oozing with Sith Lord evil. Yeah, I see what your saying, the subterfuge of Sidious is what I think about when I hear the term Sith Lord.

Anyways, I really hope the Lords of this game actually have a more.... sinister touch to them. & hopefully a variation in the models, & their not all dressed like JO reborns, wearing jammies with a mask :yodac:

Also, for the PC side of the dark, it's more than a back alley thug beating people up for money.

Originally posted by FiEND_138

Anyways, I really hope the Lords of this game actually have a more.... sinister touch to them. & hopefully a variation in the models, & their not all dressed like JO reborns, wearing jammies with a mask :yodac:

LOL! Jammies with a mask... Thats a good one FiEND!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived