Home

New Planets Revealed!

Tysplo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

So far we know that you will go to: Dantooine, Telos and Dxun. And I have also read somewehere there would be 7 planets to visit. Anyone who would know which other planets you will visit?

Which ones do you want to visit?

Originally posted by Prime

I guess it wouldn't be a Star Wars game without Tatooine...

Actually Tattoine wasn't in the Empire Strikes Back either and it was the second Star Wars movie, so possibly KOTOR 2 is just following that pattern.

It seems to me KOTOR 2 is shaping up to be darker like ESB was darker, possibly leading to a RTOJ like KOTOR 3.

And that would rule! :D

The first time I saw those full cloak jedi robes I almost cried they are soooo sweet, but yea I was getting pretty sick of tatooine, and as long as they make Kotor games I'll buy them so the planets don't matter to me that much I guess, but I'd like to see Alderaan.

The one thing that I find interesting about Dxun is the fact that it is a planet that has been featured in the EU before, in the old Tales of the Jedi series. A very intriguing, sublte reference. The body of the ancient Sith Freedon Nadd was placed there when Master Arca, the Qel-Droma brothers and Tott Doneeta discovered his corpse on Onderon, the planet that the Dxun moon orbits. Which does make me wonder... Onderon has been featured in various EU tales before(Palpatine even dies for the last bloody time on that planet), and it would be nice if we'd visit that planet as well... or at the very least see it in orbit

It's also in Freedon Nadd's tomb where the Sith Lord Exar Kun(who fought the Republic some 40-50 years before KotOR) found his first information about the Sith, and one might say that hise journey down the Dark Side started there. (IIRC, he commits his first Dark Side act there by killing the two Naddists who showed him the way to the tomb).

(as a short side-note, this planet was IIRC also featured in an old story where Darth Bane, the one who created the 'master/apprentice' rule, is also on Dxun to ponder in which direction he should take the new Sith Order)

All in all, I wonder wether our characters will be visiting the old tomb(who knows what Exar Kun left behind?), or if the Dxun moon will hide another deadly secret...

Edit: Having read the description of the planet, there is another tidbit that I forgot which might be interesting. During the final weeks of the Kun/Qel-Droma Sith War against the Republic, their Mandalorian allies staged an attack on Onderon, led by Lord Mandalore himself. During the assault, a Republic fleet, under the command of Captain Vanicus, helped the planet of Onderon. Following their mandate, the Mandalorians chose not to surrender, and fled to the Dxun moon where most of the Mandalorians found their end. Lord Mandalore was shot down in the atmosphere of the Dxun Moon, and most likely went down fighting in a glorious battle against the monsters found on the Dxun moon. Lord Mandalore's helmet was found by another Mandalorian while they searched for him, and that one Mandalorian declares himself the new Lord Mandalore, continuing their tradition.

Who knows, maybe we'll come across some Mandalorians who were left behind on the sacred moon..?

So Burrie, you are basically saying that Dxun is a pretty busy and dark place in Star Wars EU stories.

If Dxun is like that, I really hope it is the place where in KOTOR: TSL you can also start down the Dark Path yourself!

Sith Lord style! :lightning

Also thanks Burrie for the heads up on Dxun by the way, as I am not all caught up on all of the EU storylines. :D

Archived