Home

Great idea, need to know where to get started

stuna213

i have an awesome idea:

make a new MP game type called lukes vs jawas where a bunch of ppl join a team of jawas and a bunch of ppl join a team of lukes. when a jawa kills a luke the luke turns into a jawa, and when a luke kills a jawa the jawa turns into a luke. the last surviving kind(lukes or jawas) wins. i want the jawas to use a jawa model and the lukes to use a luke model(duh). and i want the jawas to have red sabers and the lukes blue sabers. and i want it so ppl on the same team cant killl each other. also i think i might make a version called jedi vs sith were the sith can only use dark force and saber staffs, and the jedi can only use light force and dual sabers.

okay i need to know if it can be done, where to get started, how to get the modding tools id need, and a good tutorial that will explain all of this for me. thanks :D

Actually it's a pretty simple concept... All you'd need is a function to force players luke or jawa. No more then like 10 lines of code here.

Some code to call that when a luke kills a jawa (or the other way). Just a one liner.

And some code to check if everyone is the same model. Once again no more then like 10 lines and you have your alpha.

Of course if you wanted to clean it up and make people understand what is going on you'd need a couple days and some good polish.

Archived