Home

OMG that's the map editor from Battlezone 2!

tFighterPilot

• 4 weeks later...

Since the devs are listening, I think I speak for everyone here when I say that we need editing tools, otherwise the game will get boring quickly after a few months if no new material is released for the game. Ravensoft for the two most recent JK games released mapping tools shortly after release, which is the reason the game is still played. I know i'll be mapping for battlefront if tools are released.

Perhaps we should get a petition going to let them know how many of us want mapping programs.

I think it's been said that an editing tool is going to be released some time after the game comes out like JK/JA. I just hope that it's a user friendly tool with drag and drop function as it seems by looking at the battlezone map above uses that function. Also i would like there to be support for multiple terrains like mountains or water as i have an idea for a sea based map with islands, kind of like a map in the rts star wars battlegrounds. And if it's not included with the editor, a tutorial on how to create these terrains would be cool as well. I think the devs have us covered, though so i wouldn't worry too much.

Archived