Home

Pistol Selection? Is it possible?

Does anyone like the idea of being able to choose from a variety of pistol/rifle from a menu just like the sabers? Is there anyway to implement it? I feel it would bring an even even more bit of Star Wars mythos to the OJP mod... think of it... blasting around trying to recognize just what pistol exactly your enemy is shooting at you... imagine walking along and seeing all these different pistols... not heavy weapons mind you... just the ability to cycle through and choose a custom rifle or pistol...you could have them all use the same ammo, if you had to... I think it would work. RGB BLASTER BOLT COLOR Selection (RGBBBC) anyone?

Is it possible to use any of the code from the RGB sabers? If I could get someone interested enough in it to code it... I could make alot of Star Wars pistols for it... being that trueview would allow for TRUEGUNS, I wouldnt have to model or animate the normal 1st person view... I would plan to pretty much make all the pistols in the movies... different bounty hunter pistols, officers, guards... I think it would fit perfectly with OJP. It would just be so cool to instantly identify who shot which pistol or rifle bolt, being that they would be RGB custom colored.

What do you think custom saber hilts are for???

"Say thats a nice Obi-Wan Kenobi lightsaber you just cut me in half with"

Its all about customization, and uniqueness, and I feel that's what OJP is all about. You get to see all unique parts of the player models when use trueguns, truesabers... it is only logical that with the customization of saber hilts, it would be all the more interesting to have custom pistols, or at very least custom blaster bolt colors. "

I also agree that JKA is an action/rpg which makes it so different from UT2003, Quake3, UT2004, which are run-of-the-mill shooters.(original UT is the best UT, by the way) If you love Star Wars nothing beats being able to play as a jedi or merc... the more things that we can add to OJP, and JKA for that matter make the gameplay all the more indepth and intricate.

Alright, pistol selection reminds me of one of the countless mods I've played. The mod was called FORCEMOD II "The Mercs Strike Back", and it was for JO. This modefication had a very intresting and new spin to Merc vs Jedi gameplay. There were new force desegnations, and expanded merc class selection. In a sense it was sort of like seige in the sense of class selection but there was no objective. All mercs had grappling hooks and bounty hunters had jet packs. THe gameply revolved around distance. The Jedi tried to apporach the merc and the merc tried to run away from the Jedi. The game had many intresting features.

I realy can't explain it as well as this sight does...although the majority of the page is I think german...I wouldn't know...the overview is english

http://www.jedi-knight2.de/dlmanager/item.php?id=134

I know there is an english page.....don't have time to find it tonight

Archived