Home

Game Delay?!

ZBomber

There's now speculation that it's due to ship around the same time as KOTOR II (i.e., sometime in February 2005).

Personally, I really don't mind a delay if it means they are going to work to improve features, tweak performance, and address some of the MP and SP concerns we've already voiced in these forums.

I'm certainly willing to wait a few more months if it means we get a decent objective-based MP mode - or not-so-linear SP levels (if they are linear).

• 2 weeks later...

Take a look at the walkthrough video. Honestly, does that game really look to be in such a condition that it would take them until KOTOR 2's release to get it ready?

I am still thinking it will be released a lot sooner. They are probably only patching up a last few bugs. That level played very smoothly if you ask me.

i wouldn't base everything off one video. fixing mostly everything in a scripted demo on a computer that is probably very powerful wouldn't take as long as getting an entire game ready. there still could be optimization issues, a.i. issues, weapon issues, etc. a lot of small bugs can turn into a large problem.

I'm all for a delay if it means a more polished game!

Plus that means less time for spoilers to ruin Episode III for me. ; )

Anyone get the feeling that Lucas is trying the "Matrix Reloaded" route with his last Star Wars movie?

I mean the Wachowski brothers (sp?) relied on the Animatrix, Enter the Matrix game and a novel or two to "set up" their second Matrix movie.

Likewise Lucas has this game tied to Episode III, a few novels and the Clone Wars series.

What I fear is that the bulk of the story and explorations will be dealt with in the supplementary material, leaving the movie either confusing (forcing you to delve into the extra material) or needlessly dull because it's assumed that you know everything already, so the movie ITSELF is just icing on the cake rather than the 'real deal.'

Ie: I worry that we won't see "The Clone Wars" in any more capacity than the little bit we saw in AOTC.

Oh well, here's hoping the game is good, and doesn't rely soley on Episode III hype to make it good!

Archived