Home

MI References

daltysmilth

Okay, I know in Outlaws, there's a huge Monkey Island reference. In one of the towns one of the buildings houses "Stan's Used Coffins". And in Sam & Max, the Giant Monkey Head is at the golf course. What other games have references to Monkey Island? Are there any non-Lucasarts games that make reference to MI? And what about other forms of media? Where's the strangest place you've found a Monkey Island reference?

Shame :~

Well I did see the CMI banjo joke being used on a BBC commedy once - unless that's non-exclusive as well.

It's when Van Helsang or whatever his name is goes off on his banjo orgy leaving Guybrush dumfounded.

Originally posted by Bobo Donkey™

I went and emailed the guy at world of MI about a year ago with a few MI references from Simon the Sorcerer and Amazon Queen, but he said there was no way they could be MI references (git).

Yeah, what were they? I can't remember them.

Also, The trivia section of World of MI has over 950 in-jokes, secret, errors, and references from the Monkey Island games as well as references to MI in other games. Both the reference to the movie Deliverance and the reference from Outlaws is listed there. The references from Sam & Max are there as well as several others from the game. You should check it out :)

Archived