Home

8 of 12 (and Nightlight) needs your help

MJ

8 really does need your help.

I'm so lost at the moment. I had to come back to New South Wales for a while, I thought maybe until November. I could finish uni, sort out Nightlight, sort out a computer, work a bit, then go back...

But I can't hack it. I'm here, in NSW again, and I miss Bec too much. I feel empty and hollow, she's so far away from me, I'm not there to be there for her, to look after her... this is terrible.

I can not stay here until November. I can't. I don't know if it's possible to make a living out of Nightlight, although I'd love to, even if I still had to get a full time job. Would people be willing to buy t-shirts, books, mousepads and CDs? I don't know. I can only hope. Is it possible to get money from advertisers? Again, don't know, not even sure if the network would let me put ads on the website.

If I get a new computer I can work on Nightlight regularily. If I can make a living from it it'd mean there would be at least one update every week, which I know people would love.

I need help though, opinions, ideas, anything. I'm a bit of a mental mess at the moment, my heart and head aren't focussed.

:( I'm sorry about your situation, Matt. I hope you can find resolve in the not too distant future.

As far as merchandise, I'be perfectly willing to, and would love to buy nightlight merchandise. The real question is whether I'd be able to or not. My only option is sending American cash through the mail. Is this a possible way to go with it, cause if it is, I'd love to own a Nightlight T-shirt, mug, and even more, because this is simply the best damn producer of radio plays out there. :D Good luck with everything and best of wishes.

-Holden

I'm sorry to say this, but I have to bring some reality into the situation. You probably can't make a living out of Nightlight. It'd be great if you could, but I really doubt it's possible. If I was in your position, I probably wouldn't try. At least not for a while.

I've been in a position in which I had a lot of things going through my head (nothing nearly as bad as your situation, though) and the best advice I can give you is to prioritize. Figure out what is most important to you, try to block everything else out. If I were you I'd keep Nightlight in the back of my mind but only in the back, and worry about Becca, a solid job, university and stuff like that first.

If everything gets settled, THEN worry about Nightlight. We'll still be here checking the forums.

I feel for you, man, and I wish you the best of all possible luck.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a real bummer to hear about your situation. I would help but I'm pretty short of cash too. I would be willing to buy merchandise possibly in the near future. It's not a lot, but as you said, everything helps. Best of luck, sorry I can't really help.

P.S. Always look on the less dark and miserable side of life!!!:)

Archived