Home

Kotor 2 same engine as Kotor

Drog

From what ive heard is that kotor 2 will use same engine as kotor

is this true? it is both good and bad.

1.Bad then its not even worth buying.

2.Maybe , because theni have learned all about its modding etc.

anyone knows the answer to this?

i don't think it needs a new engine. you know the old saying 'if it aint broke don't fix it' well its very true in this case.

i didn't fall in love with kotor because of the graphics, even though they were good. no, i fell in love with kotor because of the fantastic gameplay.

as long as they put as much effort into that then who cares if it uses the same engine.

since obsidian are doing it it will be the same engine but with different animations and models or sometihng... i know bugger all of the technical side of games but thats just my guess!

or would this mean its a similar but modified engine??

Originally posted by Siv

i don't think it needs a new engine. you know the old saying 'if it aint broke don't fix it' well its very true in this case.

i didn't fall in love with kotor because of the graphics, even though they were good. no, i fell in love with kotor because of the fantastic gameplay.

as long as they put as much effort into that then who cares if it uses the same engine.

Well there are people that would like one...

and who doesent want a more fixed engine?

just to improve the old one..

Originally posted by Drog

From what ive heard is that kotor 2 will use same engine as kotor is this true?

Yes it is. With a few additions.

1.Bad then its not even worth buying.

LOL. If that is what you think, then by all means it is your perogative to not buy it. Just remember not to come here and see all the fun we are having. ;)

Well there are people that would like one... and who doesent want a more fixed engine? just to improve the old one..

The game will have additions like more animations and things like weather effects. It sounds like you are mistakenly thinking that better graphics and animations = improved engine. It is not so.

Originally posted by Siv

Oh, come on Siv! You know pretty games that suck ass are way better than non-revolutionary games that are extremely fun! :)

Originally posted by Poggle

I think the old engine is fine wouldn't mind some improved graphics and more animations but if the story is as compelling i wouldn't complain about an identical engine

There are improved graphics and animations. This is not wholely dependant on the graphics engine. The engine provides abilities to do certain things, but the quality of the models and animations is dependant on the artists.

Models are fairly independant of the graphics engine, as are the animations. The graphics engine limits what you can do, and newer engines allow you to do more things. But it is still up to the artists to take advantage of that. A game using the Doom III engine can still have models that look like crap, and older engines can still mave models that look fantastic.

The animations look like they do because that is how the artists and animators wanted them to look, not because they are using a certain engine.

Originally posted by Prime

Yes it is. With a few additions.

LOL. If that is what you think, then by all means it is your perogative to not buy it. Just remember not to come here and see all the fun we are having. ;)

The game will have additions like more animations and things like weather effects. It sounds like you are mistakenly thinking that better graphics and animations = improved engine. It is not so.

Oh, come on Siv! You know pretty games that suck ass are way better than non-revolutionary games that are extremely fun! :)

There are improved graphics and animations. This is not wholely dependant on the graphics engine. The engine provides abilities to do certain things, but the quality of the models and animations is dependant on the artists.

Models are fairly independant of the graphics engine, as are the animations. The graphics engine limits what you can do, and newer engines allow you to do more things. But it is still up to the artists to take advantage of that. A game using the Doom III engine can still have models that look like crap, and older engines can still mave models that look fantastic.

The animations look like they do because that is how the artists and animators wanted them to look, not because they are using a certain engine.

Prime dont try to manipulate my knowledge of gaming engines

that would be so wrooong :(

Archived