Home

banthas, nerfs, and holocrons

Banthas and nerfs I'm not so sure about, because you'll rarely run out of food if you've got enough farms going.

Certainly I'd say holocrons play a major role. Without holocrons, you can still trade other resources for more nova, but this isn't something you can have running in the background like farms.

I've played games where each player got at least 3 nurseries each on standard resource. That can make or break you in the early techs 1,2 and even early tech 3. Holos can really boost your nova but if you don't plan on building air,hvy weapons, jedi but if you can catch someone collecting holos in tech 2 I suggest you kill the padawan or finish him off very fast before the holos start giving them a huge advantage.

Nerfs and banthas are certainly crucial to my game. Filling up nurseries means faster tech times, and you can get away with slightly fewer workers or have extra workers on carbon/nova/ore. A full nursery is worth about 3 or 4 workers gathering food, and the nursery upgrades pay for themselves very quickly.

I never collect holocrons, in fact I don't even notice them on the map any more. If I see a padawan collecting them I'll try and kill him with troopers. They only come into play in very long games with no allies, which doesn't happen often. With allies you can trade for nova, so holocrons are less imortant, but still useful if you happen to find them. I'd say collecting them in T2 is counterproductive because you should be trooper rushingor going for a fast T3. In most games you'll be dead before holocrons become decisive.

holo's dont play much into my game, but if i have the nova (which i tend to do) and a few are near by, i'll swipe them up. i'd rather have a holocron than 50 hovercrafts taking up my population.

the problem is that if you make a padawan too early you can easily be had. 200 nova can be better spent early in the game on upgrading mounted troopers and getting to t3.

Nurseries are a must. I usually go by the rule of 4. If less than 4, herdables, eat 'em. If more than 4, house 'em.

Holos-Hmmm......If no ones picked them up by t4, then I go for them, but early on, its not worth the nova/food/time.

You really cant fight much over relics in this game cause jedi can take so much more damage than monks could, so you have to rely more on stealth. But it was still fun fighting over relics in AoK (you dont get that much in AoM either cause most people underestimate relics).

Archived