Home

KotOR

Master_Keralys

Okay, just a discussion of whether the best-selling game Knights of the Old Republic can be considered canon or not. I'm not as familiar with that particular era of sW history - I know the basics, but have only recently started reading the comics and whatnot set ther - so can someone clear this mystery up for me (Astrotoy7 should no, maybe StarWarsPhreak...)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KotOR is 4000 years before Episode I and 40 years after Exar Kun war. In KotOR Republic is in existence for 20000 years. So in Episode I Republic is 24000 years old. Episode II is 10 after Episode I. Episode III is 2-3 years after Episode II. Episode IV is 20 years after Episode III. Episode V after IV- not certain. Episode VI 1 year after Episode V.

Is that it?

Originally posted by Sead the Darkes

KotOR is 4000 years before Episode I and 40 years after Exar Kun war. In KotOR Republic is in existence for 20000 years. So in Episode I Republic is 24000 years old. Episode II is 10 after Episode I. Episode III is 2-3 years after Episode II. Episode IV is 20 years after Episode III. Episode V after IV- not certain. Episode VI 1 year after Episode V.

Is that it?

What he said. Plus, it has 113 awards, the most awards any game has received (spelling?) in history. Thirty five of the 113 awards are Game of the Year for ____(music, gameplay, graphics, length, etc.).

It is a must play!! KotOR 2 better be good!! I'm gonna get that. KotOR hit me so much with the awesome storyline, it even affected my name: Majin Revan; Revan was a Sith Lord in KotOR.

Oh, and he was...spoiler anyone?:

You are Darth Revan, your memory gets erased by the Jedi Council and the traitorous laser blast from Darth Malak's ship into yours. Basically, nobody knows if Revan turned bad or good, that is why there are two story lines in KotOR: Dark Side and Light Side.

:fett:

Hi Keralys, are you back !? if so , welcome back !

KOTOR fits into 2nd level (EU) canon well enough, it makes use of the comics that were published explaining events before and after, indeed, there are numerous references to these events in the game dialogue and the little story tidbits you get during loadup...

Since its highly unlikely GL had any input into KOTOR, and any films will be made about this era, it can reside safely as some as a piece of 'unaissailable' canon, namely 'cause it doesnt involve the films' characters/event.....

mtfbwya

Guest HalfSwedeLarz

gotcha does KoTOR take up alot of memory on a computer because i want to get it but my moms computer has only so much memory left from me installing LOTS of games

Guest HalfSwedeLarz

well no wonder it is a big box well i guess ill be installing it on my dads comp besides his is a nicer one

yeah, you can. There are 3 different classes in the beginning, Scout, Soldier, and Scoundrel. You can choose male or female, different faces, and later in the game, jedi classes. the jedi classes are Guardian, Sentinal, and cmon, somebody help me... ARGH! What's the last one??!!?

BEST GAME EVER! still playing it! for the 2nd time! now im playing for the darkside! and all the time i get to new stuff and new levels i never saw before! even new scenes! awesome! took me 28hours to complete first time!

Guest HalfSwedeLarz

dude that guys in sweden kool i wish my dad would move back to sweden anyway what are all of the disks for?

norway's better

Anyway, back on topic, you own a ship, the ebon hawk but you really don't fly it, you just choose where you want to go. The only other actions you preform on the ship are killing gizkas, talking to people, and shooting the laser turrets during those little random space battles.

Funny story: I was in one of those space battles, and they were so dang easy, i decided how long you really have to take out those ships. Anyway, i swiched to my VCD player and popped in A New Hope and watched it. I switched back after the movie, and i was still alive...

(best part about singapore, they have VCD's. Low quality DVD's. 12 bucks U.S each, Original and Legal movies, and they have Star Wars on VCD. Yay!

Archived