Home

www.JediServers.com closing down

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope you put your FFA server on JA back up Amidala, its my fav hangout currently. Same to Kurgan. Jediservers did have bad oings, many of my filmings were screwed up thanks to lag and other troubles on the server.

Of my five servers, that was the least-used one after most of my regulars went to other games like UT2004. I can't maintain a server just because a few people like to go there occasionally, and the rest of the time it's empty. "FFA" in Jedi Academy = no guns, disabled Force powers, saber duels, standing around with your saber off, chatting, play-acting, and "honor". Bleh. Normal Jedi Academy FFA players either switched to CTF or left to join the vast majority of real FFA players in the world playing UT2004 and other games.

ASE_screen_061604.jpg

Originally posted by Master William

Amidala, you call that low ping? Didn't people have like 200-400?

*cough* The first column of numbers is the player's SCORE, the SECOND column of numbers is their PING :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No wonder you are always saying that the reason you never play on North American servers is because their pings are "too high" for you. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Can you show me a screenshot of Linux? I want to see what's so adorable about this little free anti-Microsoft OS.

Linux supports several desktop environments, you are limited to the one GUI like Window$

This is KDE

This is GNOME

Amidala, you call that low ping? Didn't people have like 200-400?

As for you Kurgan, I know hosts for you, but none of them are from USA.

Can you show me a screenshot of Linux? I want to see what's so adorable about this little free anti-Microsoft OS.

#1 a lot of those players are either euro, 56k, dsl, or canadian.

#2 linux has a taskbar like windows and a menu that pops up, but i do want to twist your head off of your neck for being so ignorant :p linux = based off of unix. it is not anti-ms and you can't tell why something is good by a screenshot of the desktop.

dumbpeople.jpg

Originally posted by Rumor

#1 a lot of those players are either euro, 56k, dsl, or canadian.

#2 linux has a taskbar like windows and a menu that pops up, but i do want to twist your head off of your neck for being so ignorant :p linux = based off of unix. it is not anti-ms and you can't tell why something is good by a screenshot of the desktop.

dumbpeople.jpg

*pssst* Rumor, edit or delete your last post, then I'll delete this one

Originally posted by _PerfectAgent_

I really hope that the honor junk goes away with the next Jedi Knight game...

There's gonna be a lot of Jedi Outcast/Academy players getting Battlefront... hmm. That can't be good for the fate of Battlefront.

Sorry, I was busy having a life (unlike some people cough) to notice the scores were not the pings.

So why should I play with a higher ping? I'm on a crappy 0,5 mbit connection, European servers are the best way I can have a good gaming experience.

I'm dumb and proud of it, sue me. You deserve to join my club.

*pssst* Rumor, edit or delete your last post, then I'll delete this one

no fair i had my reply open before you :p nah i just walked away and forgot to hit submit when my pup decided he had to use the bathroom ><

Originally posted by TK-8252

0203.jpg

hahhahha

Sorry, I was busy having a life (unlike some people cough) to notice the scores were not the pings.

So why should I play with a higher ping? I'm on a crappy 0,5 mbit connection, European servers are the best way I can have a good gaming experience.

omghi2u.jpg

you get a lower ping to us servers than i do.

First of all, you have no life, we all know it.

Second of all, I do have a life, which is why I am too busy to play computer games online.

Third of all, what does you not having a life have to do with mistaking scores and pings when they are clearly labelled? Probably because you aren't used to seeing players whose scores are much higher than their pings. And that's probably because you go to servers where everyone stands around chatting and playacting. The winner on servers like that has 1 or 2 points, while the rest have 0 because they were just standing around chatting the whole time. Or maybe negative scores because they were pretending they were drunk walking out of the cantina, and they fell off a ledge.

I'm glad you're proud, I guess. And no thanks about joining your club, although I will cheer for you when your club competes in the Special Olympics.

So to get back on topic, and in case anyone else was confused, http://www.escapedturkey.com servers have low pings. Out of 21 players on a busy CTF server, 12 had pings below 100, and 5 out of the remaining 9 had pings below 150. And one of the players was connecting with ping 999, who knows how low his ping might have been. And as Rumor pointed out, I have regulars from around the world who play on that server, so their pings are unavoidably higher. One of my new subadmins lives in France, and another lives in Australia. Strange, they still do well and have fun despite their higher pings. Maybe they just don't need excuses.

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

First of all, you have no life, we all know it.

Second of all, I do have a life, which is why I am too busy to play computer games online.

Third of all, what does you not having a life have to do with mistaking scores and pings when they are clearly labelled? Probably because you aren't used to seeing players whose scores are much higher than their pings. And that's probably because you go to servers where everyone stands around chatting and playacting. The winner on servers like that has 1 or 2 points, while the rest have 0 because they were just standing around chatting the whole time. Or maybe negative scores because they were pretending they were drunk walking out of the cantina, and they fell off a ledge.

I'm glad you're proud, I guess. And no thanks about joining your club, although I will cheer for you when your club competes in the Special Olympics.

So to get back on topic, and in case anyone else was confused, http://www.escapedturkey.com servers have low pings. Out of 21 players on a busy CTF server, 12 had pings below 100, and 5 out of the remaining 9 had pings below 150. And one of the players was connecting with ping 999, who knows how low his ping might have been. And as Rumor pointed out, I have regulars from around the world who play on that server, so their pings are unavoidably higher. One of my new subadmins lives in France, and another lives in Australia. Strange, they still do well and have fun despite their higher pings. Maybe they just don't need excuses.

camowned.jpg

Originally posted by Master William:

kthxbai

funnycomedypolice.jpg

*TK lames this thread.*

ZISS THREAD IS OVAR!

end_thread.jpg

Ehh, Amidala, sitting in front of the computer and hosting three servers (I respect your work) and doing female Jaden skins (nice job by the way) isn't called having a life, even though I have respect for your work, and I know it is good work, regarding the servers and your skins. I don't wish to argue anymore.

I have said what I want to say, and won't be replying back, perhaps through PMs, but otherwise, don't bother waiting for me to reply. I'm tired of these daily flame wars and trolls.

Ehh, Amidala, sitting in front of the computer and hosting three servers (I respect your work) and doing female Jaden skins (nice job by the way) isn't called having a life, even though I have respect for your work, and I know it is good work, regarding the servers and your skins. I don't wish to argue anymore.

I have said what I want to say, and won't be replying back, perhaps through PMs, but otherwise, don't bother waiting for me to reply. I'm tired of these daily flame wars and trolls.

newbie2.jpg

Archived