Home

Kotor 2 In 2004!!!

I just hope it's ready to be released, & not being pushed up because of LA. I read somewhere (Obsidian boards I think) that Republic Commando's getting delayed until next year. I wonder if thats the reason why K2 may ship sooner than expected :confused:

Anyways, I just hope it's ready & their not putting the rush job on it to avoid conflicts with RC, if thats the case.

My first statement still stands then. I hope it's ready, meaning the devs know it's ready, & not an LA pushed-rush-it-out-the-door-for the lucrative xmas $$$'s-job.

It would be a terrible downer if it's a JA. IE; touched up engine with a god-awful story.

Yeah, JA storyline sucked. Very much a drag.

Just for the record: Is KOTOR 2 going to be released like KOTOR, ie. X-Box first, then PC several months later? Or could we expect a simultaneous release? (hopes for simultaneous release).

Since "Republic Commando" will undoubtly be another Star Wars game failure lets just hope they will release Kotor II earlier. Why a failure: well, you cannot even be a Jedi and since almost nobody will look forward to this game, it really has to go with the fact that it is a star wars game. Anyone who is waiting for this game???!!! If so, why???

Some people, khawk, don't always want to be a Jedi running around saving the Galexy from evil. Republic Commando lets you fight from a First Person view as an ARC Trooper or Elite Clone Trooper,(One of Two) not a Jedi. Lightsabers are starting to become alittle old. Some people need to just give the lightsaber a rest for alittle while and pick up something new. That's why RC is being made.

So, khawk, alot of people do look foward to this game.

I'm almost as excited for RC as I am for K2. The squad based combat looks extremely well done & the game just looks cool. If people want to play a jedi, play JO/JA. & hopefully the MP side will be better than said jedi games, IE; no retarted community that stands around chatting & role playing in an FPS, creating mods to punish those who do try & play the game how it was designed.

RC's MP side could be a fresh slate for the community, & with no jedi maybe those weirdos who get off on torturing other players for not following 'their rules', will stay in JO/JA to finish killing off those communities. & people who want to have FPS/squad based action can happily frag away. Thank 'the maker :c3po: ' there's no jedi in this one.

Yeah, it's the unfortunate truth. Out of all the servers 98% are honor- pull your saber & try to FFA & get slept/ slapped/ teleported to instant death- have every profanity hurled at you whine fests. The 2% that I found, before I just gave up trying to find some real FFA without being whined at, were pretty good. Too bad their too far & few between :( Atleast I still have good ol 1.02 JO & the absence of whining honor fools to keep me happy when I wanna FPS jedi play :)

Anyways back to a K2 subject for this post so it isn't complete spam.

K2 sure does look good. Hope LA doesn't rush Obsidian & that it's ready to ship in Dec. & not some LA fool seeing all those x-mas $$ signs :D

Originally posted by Oblivion Zeta

If you do plain free for all it's just holding down the mouse button while running at everybody else.

But... Isn't that what a FPS is all about?

Getting that right timing of coordinating your movement, leading the target, and weapon fire, to strike your target and to eliminate them in a very loud and grotesque military manner? :D

Archived