Home

Best guess for system requirements

grep

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
System Requirements

- Windows or Linux OS. NT not recommended.

- Pentium III 600 Mhz processor or equivalent.

- 128 MB RAM.

- 32 MB OpenGL compliant 3D video card.

- DirectX 8.1.

- 271 MB free hard disk space.

- 500 MB free hard disk space for swap files.

- 56.6k modem or better Internet connection. Broadband recommended for games with more than 8 players.

Those are the wolfenstein: enemy territory min requirements. Perhaps a bit more than that, but not too far

Originally posted by Sharpshooter

the whole ps2 requirements list that sombody else posted made no sense. I've never heard of that crap before.

What, you mean this?

PS2 specs:

* CPU: 128 Bit "Emotion Engine"

* System Clock: 300 MHz

* System Memory: 32 MB Direct Rambus

[snip]

That wasn't the requirements, that's the console's specs...

Originally posted by tFighterPilot

STOP USING THAT GOD DAMN SMILEY!

People can use any of the smilies available on the site in their posts. That's why they're there. :rolleyes:

So stop telling other members what to do. :tsk:

Also...please don't SHOUT. It's impolite. :p

P.S. Keep on topic. :o

come on guys think realistically not wishfully...

My guess for system requirments are based on Unreal Tournament 2004

CPU : 1.5Ghz or higher

Ram : 256 (512 Recomended)

GPU : Geforce 2 64mb or higher

HD Space : probably around 500mb (unless the game is going to be multiple disks)

I was thinking about getting the ps2 version, but the PC version looks better and has patches and mods. Plus I don't have to buy the broadband adapter to play online. I just hope my comp has the guts to play it... right now I have a celeron 1.7 but I will be getting a p4 2.8 soon.:D

Originally posted by ibanez343

come on guys think realistically not wishfully...

My guess for system requirments are based on Unreal Tournament 2004

CPU : 1.5Ghz or higher

Ram : 256 (512 Recomended)

GPU : Geforce 2 64mb or higher

HD Space : probably around 500mb (unless the game is going to be multiple disks)

UT2k4 won't work like it does on a PC on a PS2. We are not thinking wishfully, it's all realistic. My bet is whatever the specs of the PS2 multiplied by 2(maybe 3) and you have your PC requirements. Won't be more then 1,0 GHz. This game can't be heavier then BF1942.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

UT2k4 won't work like it does on a PC on a PS2. We are not thinking wishfully, it's all realistic. My bet is whatever the specs of the PS2 multiplied by 2(maybe 3) and you have your PC requirements. Won't be more then 1,0 GHz. This game can't be heavier then BF1942.

This game's graphix are better than BF1942 though

I have read in reviews that the graphics are way better on the pc than ps2, TVs have way lower resolution than monitors, and take less processing power. even if the requirments are around 1Ghz I wouldn't want to play on anything less than 1.5Ghz.

Originally posted by ibanez343

I have read in reviews that the graphics are way better on the pc than ps2, TVs have way lower resolution than monitors, and take less processing power. even if the requirments are around 1Ghz I wouldn't want to play on anything less than 1.5Ghz.

I have nothing to worry about, I have 2.4 and GeForceFX5200 :D

Originally posted by tFighterPilot

This game's graphix are better than BF1942 though

From trailers and screenshots the textures do seem a bit better but overall the graphics don't seem that much improved. Wouldn't be more I'm certain.

Note that it's the same engine for all platforms. Graphics won't be better on PC then on PS2. The only major difference will be in the texture and the resolution.

Archived