Home

AkosView Release

checkmate

I've decided to upload the finalized version of AkosView, with source code. This is NOT an alpha version, and is capable of extracting AKOS data from SCUMM files!

I actually finished the AKOS extractor a couple months ago, but I didn't want to release AkosView because there were still some things I wanted to work on, such as getting the colors correct and animations. I couldn't figure those things out, though, and I didn't want it to look like the project was dead.

Get it here!

Of course, AkosView will be obsolete once the ScummEx project gets going. Until then, "you can count on Nosedog to serve all your AKOS-viewing needs"...;)

Oh DARN!:o I forgot to add code that detects the different SCUMM versions (hence slightly different file formats). I assume it works for Curse of Monkey Island, right? I'm on vacation, so unfortunately I won't be able to correct this problem for a week or two.

If you have a C++ compiler, you might be able to modify a few lines of code to make it work. Some DWORDs in the Directory blocks ought to be WORDs in Full Throttle (the value specifying the number of items, as well as the offset fields, I believe).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally, This is what I have been looking for, it changes the cel distributions automatically, the AkosView that I got from the International House of Mojo only show a few. How do you save?

OK, it does work with CMI, pretty well too, I especially like that it'l open all AKOS's at once, instead of using Scumm Revisited. It is really only missing two things, auto image centering and export. Otherwise this tool is the best (only good) AKOS viewer yet, also, if you ever get a chance, the ability to edit the image. I would help, but I don't have enough money for a C++ compiler, and I am not cheap enough to use kazaa.

Archived