Home

IGN goes hands on with battlefront

Tyler_Durden

Their new screenshots are awesome. The Empire faction shouldn't be too far away from its reveal. ;)

But I'm starting to think that the Empire might be dropping its Imperial Officer or its Dark Trooper... and that'll seriously suck.

They've limited the factions to five classes now, right?

1. Infantry - Stormtrooper

2. Heavy Weapons - Field Trooper

3. Pilot - TIE/Walker Pilot

4. Scout - Scout Trooper

5. Special - Dark Trooper, Imperial Officer?

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/523/523942/star-wars-battlefront-20040616060508434.jpg

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/522/522256/star-wars-battlefront-20040609013032155.jpg

I'm thinking that they're going to drop the Imperial Officer. :(

Since the Rebel Bothan spy got removed, and one of the most important features of the Imperial Officer was to bust the spies, maybe they'll take the officer out.

If it were my decision, I wouldn't have ever even put the Dark Trooper into Battlefront. The Dark Trooper was never in the movies, was never mentioned, and the common Battlefront player won't know what the heck it is.

Originally posted by Nevhision

What does everyone think of being able to see where the sniper shot came from after you snipe?

This is fairly common practice these days. UT2K3 and UT2k4 both added a 'sniper trail'. Call of Duty briefly shows a 'tracer' in the air. It's a necessary evil to give you some clue to a sniper's position. Without it, a well-hidden sniper basically becomes completely invisible - you'd have to check through 360 degrees of terrain (and vertically) to try and spot them, by which time they've sniped you again.

So I personally have no problem with some kind of trail - as long as it is faint, and very brief. Just enough to give you an idea of the sniper's position, rather than an exact location.

Anyone remember the bit in Return Of The Jedi when Leia was being sniped from the forest? That's how I think it should be. A fast blaster bolt - where you just get a flash of the general position of origin - but you can't be sure of the exact position of your enemy.

One of the things that stunned me most, is that they said that pilots do not have the ability to auto-eject from destroyed vehicles anymore. Perhaps that is only the case in Endor, but if they cannot eject in the entire game, the pilot has lost a lot of it's usability, IMO. Now it's nothing more than a bright orange support, is it?

Archived