Home

Say Nice Things About Meksilon

Emin3m 2

Originally posted by Emin3m 2

I didn't read all of his threads so I don't really know who started this "flame war". However, I don't think his behaviour was appropriate. He is a Christian and Jesus taught love not to judge and hate others. He said he hated homosexuality. Maybe he doesn't hate gays, but he sure doesn't accept them and that's almost as bad. Homophobia is a form of discrimination just as bad as racism, sexism etc. It's a shame Meksilon hates homosexuality now, he said he used to accept it. Doesn't he realize that sexual orientation comes from birth and noone can (or should) change it? Scientists said so too. Besides, being gay isn't just about sex it's also about having real, romantic feelings for a person of the same gender. But Meksilon is one of those type of Christians that take mistranslated biblical verses out of context in an attempt to condemn homosexual love and even all forms of sexual expression outside marriage. Because of hateful people like him, many gays have a very tough life. Furthermore, he said he hated some members of LucasForums and flammed them. Well, I did that too, but I was just fooling around.:D Meksilon should also learn to respect other people's opinions. He thinks he's sooo perfect.:rolleyes:

You've grown up a lot :) And I totally agree.

As for how it all started, I think I made a comment about one of my gay friends once and he went on about how he's going to hell blah blah blah and carried on like he did. It then got out of hand. I mean my mum doesn't agree with homosexuality, but she looks passed the sexual preference to see the person for who they are. That's all I wanted Mek to try and do, look passed the sexuality to the person. It's like saying that gay people don't have feelings. Like in the first Shrek, everyone assumed he didn't have feelings, but he did and people always judged him because he was a stupid fat, ugly ogre. No one ever judged him on how kind and caring he really was if people gave him a chance.

I'm not saying he has to agree with homosexuality, many people don't. My mum doesn't, neither does one of my brothers, but at least they can look passed someone's sexual preference to see the person inside. That regardless of sexual preference homosexual people still have feelings and are just like straight people.

Anyways, I'm proud to have gay friends and if that makes me a sinner and means I'm going to hell, then so be it. I'd rather go to hell because I've accepted and supported people for who they are as opposed to turning my back on them because some people seem to think they're different.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Joshi

And I'm serious, does anyone know if Mek actually played any Monkey Island games?

I don't think there is anyone on this forum who hasn't played at least one game. Noone would regsiter on a Monkey Island forum just to post off-topics in the Harbour/Delete Me! forum. You could do a search on his posts to find out.

EDIT: He played Monkey Island games alright. Otherwise, he woudn't post in these threads: 1 2

I've only played half of EMI, which I didn't like that much. I used to hang in the gf forums exclusively, until recently when I stumbled on the delete me forum and got interested in some of the debates on some of the threads. I just sort of stuck around. Yeah, so honestly I've never been a fan of the MI games and haven't played any of the important ones. Feel free to flame me now if you wish.

EMI I've only ever played like twice. I could never get into it. I don't think I was impressed that I had to use the keyboard, I always loved the point and click side of MI. Maybe I should give it another go. SOMI, MI2 and CMI I could play over and over again.

Originally posted by Dr Edison 007

You keep this crap up and me and the Monkey Island Discussion bouncers will kick your sorry ass out on the street.

Don't just pick on Zoom Rabbit. I'm worse than him. I just played half of the fourth game and disliked leading me to think I'm better than you all because I am an intellectual for only liking GF.

No I'm not better than any of you. I was kidding.

i've played all the mi games. mi4 was the worst...i hated that monkey kombat crap. for all the games i used walkthroughs, but when and if mi5 comes out, i vow to complete it all by myself! actually, i didn't use a walkthrough for mi1 now that i think about it. i played it when i was about 6, and i'd play it w/my mom. i got it a while after it came out...a long while, actually. like in '95 or '96.

I think we're yet to hear at least one more compliment about Mek.

Oh, and

Originally posted by that Zoom Rabbit guy

Well. I don't play Monkey Island because monkeys don't generally fly around with lasers zapping sh*t up or pushing the sound barrier on an A/G race track...

Now how can you be so sure that the Monkey Island games don't incorporate all of these things?

Okay, so they don't but they could, and looking at how things are going, what with EMI and all, I'm guessing the next one will.

Originally posted by JofaGuht

Here's a compliment: Mek was articulate. He used his extensive vocabulary to at least sound like a smart misguided jerk.

From reading the old threads...

He knew of big fancy words, but he was in no way articulate, most of his big words were used in the wrong context.

Originally posted by SamNMax

I think Mek's best line of work would be one of those nazi nuns who beat kids with rulers.

My mum went to a catholic school. She hated it. Like me she was never good at maths and once she was called to the front of the class to solve a problem on the board, when she got it wrong the nun banged my mum's head against the blackboard.

I wonder if Mek finds that acceptable? She said she was probably about 10 at the time.

I meant well-spoken, he probably didn't always think through what he said though.

There's good catholic schools, though very few. One of my friends, who had a lot of problems with depression, became a lot better when she left public school for a private catholic school. A lot happier. Of course, she also discovered she was a lesbian there, which really goes along with the whole god-liking-irony thing.

She was probably unhappy because she was a lesbian who thought she liked guys.

And mek knew exactly what he was saying, which was partly the annoying thing about him considering he knew he was annoying the hell out of everyone and till did it. not out of spite or fun, but because he thought it was right. Slightly twisted really.

Originally posted by JofaGuht

I meant well-spoken, he probably didn't always think through what he said though.

There's good catholic schools, though very few. One of my friends, who had a lot of problems with depression, became a lot better when she left public school for a private catholic school. A lot happier. Of course, she also discovered she was a lesbian there, which really goes along with the whole god-liking-irony thing.

Awwww I'm so happy for your friend! YAY for lesbians :)

Originally posted by Natty

.. when she got it wrong the nun banged my mum's head against the blackboard.

man, someone should take that nun and stab her some screwdrivers into her legs, then bang her head against a naked wall until her nose is puree and then let her perform mc hammer songs. and everytime she fails -> restart. :mad:

Archived