Home

Exclusive Jedi Revamp Screenshots

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

These new animations..... are they new Jedi powers, or reworking animations of current ones? Whatever they are, they really add some magic to the Jedi profession, that is under going a major revamp for the next publish.

Tell us your views about them!

click here to view

DMUK

if you dont like jedi why are you playing STARWARS. btw i love the new animation, maybe late you get some saber blade animations for instance Black saber blade with white lightning shooting from hilt to saber end or static lightning traveling around the blade.... just some thoughts.

The reason he is playing Star Wars Galaxies is because he wants to play a MMORPG that is around the Star Wars world in a certain timeline, and this certain timeline contains very few Jedi, instead, he wishes to be a powerful well known Bounty Hunter that is feared by many people, or the Commando of a hunting group going in search of fortunes in the game world. That is why he is playing star wars, not to be a Jedi.

And by the way, seeing as you cannot get black light, there is no way you can get a black lightsaber.

well everyone has to stop saying take out jedi because thats what known in Starwars, if anyone says starwars u know the first thing they think is "jedi" so he has to square with that.

and for the sabers, said it was an idea :-p so do purple and light green i dun care its just ideas for some interesting animations

if you dont like jedi why are you playing STARWARS.

hmm i might need glasses but im reading that as _STAR_ wars not _JEDI_ wars

btw i love the new animation, maybe late you get some saber blade animations for instance Black saber blade with white lightning shooting from hilt to saber end or static lightning traveling around the blade

thats got to be the worsed idea ive EVER seen

well everyone has to stop saying take out jedi because thats what known in Starwars, if anyone says starwars u know the first thing they think is "jedi" so he has to square with that.

Jedi arnt even supposed to EXIST in this time period, the only jedi that exist (not including EU) are Obiwan Yoda and Luke

Jedi should be taken out of the game completely OR it should be only 1 in 100 players can get jedi, which would be perma death

the DEV's should stop tending to the needs of carebares and work on something that actualy NEEDS to be fixed, IE pistoleer

Let's get a few things straight. Despite being called LIGHTsabers they are not lasers, they are plasma. So there could easily be a black lightsaber. THere were also more than three Jedi in existence around this time, just not shown in the movies, read some books and play some games my friend, learn.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Lets get back on topic please. Theres dozens of threads in the main forums about Jedi being in Galaxies. This thread is to debate the new screens and what could be new powers.

DMUK

Um, just wondering, are these official shots? Or did someone send them in or something? Because, if you look closely, the last 2 pictures, (bottom and middle), the player model is in exactly the same position, just with different animations, and to me, they look a little bit fake...

Guest DarthMaulUK
Originally posted by Lord Haine

Um, just wondering, are these official shots? Or did someone send them in or something? Because, if you look closely, the last 2 pictures, (bottom and middle), the player model is in exactly the same position, just with different animations, and to me, they look a little bit fake...

These are OFFICIAL shots. If you look on http://www.starwarsgalaxies.com it even links to them. Everything on SWGalaxies.net is always official.

DMUK

These are OFFICIAL shots. If you look on http://www.starwarsgalaxies.com it even links to them. Everything on SWGalaxies.net is always official.

Sorry to doubt, its just a few other sites arent as faithfull as you, heh.

Then, if these are official, those graphics are awesome? Espiaccelly the last one with the small sparks of electricity flowing around the Jedi's body.

I seriousely want to know if there going to make a whole change to graphics of the game or something, because these graphics and JTL graphics are completely breath taking, are they changing the original SWG graphics aswell?

Let's get a few things straight. Despite being called LIGHTsabers they are not lasers, they are plasma. So there could easily be a black lightsaber. THere were also more than three Jedi in existence around this time, just not shown in the movies, read some books and play some games my friend, learn.

not too good on the reading side are ya buddy, ONE lightsabers are NOT plasma, they _ARE_ light, light is focused through the crystal and refined enough to be able to cut things, hence LIGHTsaber, also if you had botherd to read my post i said

Jedi arnt even supposed to EXIST in this time period, the only jedi that exist (not including EU) are Obiwan Yoda and Luke

see the brackets saying EXCLUDING EU that means anything that wasnt in the movies smart guy.

ahem anyway ontopic, the robes look meh, they added a hood woopde do, the animations dont look that great either and whats with all the flashy effects they look cheesy

not too good on the reading side are ya buddy, ONE lightsabers are NOT plasma, they _ARE_ light, light is focused through the crystal and refined enough to be able to cut things, hence LIGHTsaber, also if you had botherd to read my post i said

Yay!

/dance

I thought i was right! Thanks Ulic!

Obi-Wan is dead, Yoda is in hiding, and Luke is no Jedi yet.

So really just 1 Jedi.

How did they all die? Did they all get hunted down by the Empire?

Yes.

Jeez... The empire must kinda kick ass then, lol, if they killed all of the Jedi...

I need to watch the films again...

I know this is going a little off topic but what happens after the last movie? Is Darth Vadar killed? I cant remember, what happens? Cause the hologram person is still alive right?

(Mind blank, cant remember anything >_<)

Originally posted by Gohan_Trunksss

maybe late you get some saber blade animations for instance Black saber blade with white lightning shooting from hilt to saber end or static lightning traveling around the blade.... just some thoughts.

Ok for ALL of those people who want black saber blades, it can not be done. Because a lightsaber emits light (what an idea!), if a saber was black, it would absorb all light and not emit any, so it is impossible so don't spam with black saber ideas.

Originally posted by Lord Haine

Jeez... The empire must kinda kick ass then, lol, if they killed all of the Jedi...

I need to watch the films again...

I know this is going a little off topic but what happens after the last movie? Is Darth Vadar killed? I cant remember, what happens? Cause the hologram person is still alive right?

(Mind blank, cant remember anything >_<)

i believe Vadar killed a large number of Jedi, he missed a few though.

Yes Palpetine kills Vadar when Vadar throws him over the ede into the reactor or w/e, his suit fails and he dies. He turns good then so you see his ghost thing along with Obi-Wan and Yoda

I heard that they are changing how you become a jedi is that true? (Sorry for offtask kinda) But the animations look cool i like the lightsaber glint though.... well... i dont think its cheesy.:explode::snipe1: man i had to do that.:barf2::wan: okay okay no more...i like those smileys though.

Guest DarthMaulUK

They are indeed changing the 'path' to becoming a jedi. Check out the news section for full details.

DMUK

sorry just getting used to the system...

quote: "Ok for ALL of those people who want black saber blades, it can not be done. Because a lightsaber emits light (what an idea!), if a saber was black, it would absorb all light and not emit any, so it is impossible so don't spam with black saber ideas."

This isnt reality, this is a game, plus do you really think that using "the force" is possible anyway? lol, what if they make a super saber that doesnt use a crystal? what if it DOES absorb light so that the blade would apear black? any way....

The screenshots look really kool I like them....

• 1 month later...

Ah but by using a Yuuzhun Vong crystal(Like Anakin Solo) or having an electrolum lightsaber(Like Mace Windu) a wider colour spectrum is available.

Those force effects would look better if the jedi loked like they were putting effort into them, like wincing and stuff.:c3po:

Archived