Home

Battlefield 1942 and Battlefront

Master William

Anyone remember the huge loading times of BF? The in game lag even if you had a very good computer and good ping? Exactly... let's hope this won't happen in Battlefront...

While I'm at it, I certainly hope this doesnt turn into a SW version of BF1942... teamkilling people who took your vehicle, etc.

Theres teamkilling noobs in every MP game.

There was an option for turning off tking in bf 1942 anyway.So im sure there will be one in this.

Itll probably be alot like bf 1942,but better because the 3rd party AI will really make you feel part of the game.

And I never had lag in bf 1942 unless there was over 50 people,or a bunch of 56Kers

I understand, but I still greatly fear the vehicle camping. I mean, it's damn annoying with soldiers not battling against the enemy, but waiting for vehicles to spawn. And this is where I think that you should have a Pilot class that is equipped with a good blaster and the pilot survival suit.

And as for other soldiers, they should not be able to pilot vehicles. Let Scouts be the weak armored fast little guys that can ride the swoop bikes or things like that.

I really love my Pilot/Soldier idea, it would balance things, you're either a soldier or a pilot. You cannot camp a vehicle and then get mad and someone and teamkill them for stealing your vehicle. Even if another Pilot gets your aircraft/vehicle before you, the team is getting help.

I also suggest that only the Pilots can spawn in the special aircraft area, so Soldiers may not enter and grief Pilots by destroying things.

I really love my Pilot/Soldier idea, it would balance things, you're either a soldier or a pilot. You cannot camp a vehicle and then get mad and someone and teamkill them for stealing your vehicle. Even if another Pilot gets your aircraft/vehicle before you, the team is getting help.

Its a nice idea but how do you prevent an entire team from being pilots? Make reserve slots and have a limit? Did you ever play Forgotten Hope for BF1942? They made a pilot class but they were kits which would-be players picked up before entering a plane. It then gave them a parachute, flight cap and only a pistol. Also there would be a limited number of kits. This has seemed to work out pretty well.

In SWBF I don't like the idea that a pilot with automatically eject from a vehicle, survive the crash and then if he's shot at while escaping can heal himself since he's a medic. If he finds a vehicle, jumps in and if takes some hits jumps out to repair it and is back in action to start the whole cycle again. Wow!

If pilots are the only ones to pilot vehicles, the whole team would get a pilot indeed. That pilots should be able to pilot I can understand too. But remember that pilots aren't just pilots, but all round support units. So if there isn't a vehicle, there is probably some turret to build while waiting for it. Pilots also have big bonusses so in vehicles.

I just hope you won't have those people who take a plane to get to the battlefield, and then jump out when they are there with a parachute, crashing the plane.

A good solution to this problem would be to only give the pilot a parachute.

That won't be it. Then you'd have pilots that can only fly planes, assaults thaat can only drive speeders, heavy weps that can only drive tanks etc. it's just not fun.

Oh and about the halo comparison, i think you're mistaken with republic commando, wich does look a lot like halo. Battlefront looks very similar to battlefield 1942 (although not intentional), and battlefield veterans will definatly have an advantage in battlefront i think.

By the way, teamkilling is of course an extremely lame thing to do, but so is driving of in an empty troop carrier or something.

So people that take 'your vehicle' will probably get teamkilled if they don't let anyone else in and just drive off...

I don't think everyone would want to be a pilot in the game. I never pilot the flying vehicles in 1942 or vietnam as the controls are rather cumbersome for flying. But i read that the controls will be rather simplified for Battlefront so i may play a few times as pilot but most of the time i would either be a front-liner soldier or a sniper. You also have to consider the time it takes for vehicles to spawn, it would suck then because everyone would be waiting around for a speeder or whatever and never enjoy the ground fighting or capturing control points.

The problem is that infantry sometimes just takes the vehicles to get to some place, and leaves them there. You can make much more use of vehicles.

People sometimes only take planes to get somewhere, and therfore I was saying that only pilots should have a parachute. Other people will land the vehicle properly, or take the consequences (Muahahahah)

Originally posted by Prime

Perhaps an honour system can be set up to prevent such players from laming. ;)

*Twitch*

Hey! I almost called in the guys from JA forums on you again! I'll do it! I swear! Don't test me, man!!!

*Twitch Twitch Twitch*

Quoting Megatron himself, from many episodes:

PPPPPRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIMMMMMMMEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

*Twitch*

Archived