Home

Got voices?

Zoom Rabbit

Are EVPs communication with the dead?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Are EVPs communication with the dead?

• Yes, and I want to talk to John Lennon right away.
    • Horse twaddle. 'Hey, look--dead voices on my tape recorder...!' Pfft.
    • EVP voices come from munchkins in a parallel universe, not the dead.
    • I can hear Martha Stewart's voice on my teevee; she must be dead.
    • Quit smoking the lawn clippings, hippy!
    • Tape recorders are evil, so the voices must be demonic.
    • I am not in favor of gun control.

Of course you do. :dozey: Who doesn't? However...do you get voices from the dead that can be recorded on audio tape?

Well, apparently it does happen. The kind folks at Ghost Investigators Society have a non-profit organization which investigates this particular phenomenon. Known as EVP, which stands for either 'Electronic Voice Phenomena' or 'Elvish Vortex Police' (depending on your particulat state of sanity at the moment,) this is something that has been bantered about for decades.

It's interesting to note that Alexander Graham Bell, the inventor of the telephone, thought that it would be possible to construct a machine for talking with the dead.

Anyway. :max:Here is a link to a list of some *authentic* ghost recodings. Feel free to give them a listen and research a bit before voting.

Vote now! :usa:

if a ghost is so supernatural, how the hell did it get it's voice recorded on a damn tape recorder. And a non profit organisation? Never believed in them either. What the hell is the point in running an organisation without profit. surely if your even just trying to help your fellow man you'd like to get something in ruturn. maybe thern they could get some good quality tape recorders and some brand new tape that didn't have other peoples voices on them already.

Originally posted by Zoom Rabbit

If the voices are still there after you turn off the tape machine...well, then you know something else is going on. You could have gnomes!

Yes, that means you're hearing voices and are well on your way to total mental health.

And gnomes are completely fictitious. Of course we can't rule out the fifty foot stay puft marshmellow man.

SamNMax: That is about the most...wrong thing I've seen all day! :D

I discovered where the voices are coming from. :dozey: There is a little blue elf named Hicklebottom living in my glove box who lives on stale ketchup packets and apparently uses my car radio to transmit EVP messages to distant tape recorders.

Well, I guess that solves that.

Archived