Home

Alien Versus Predator.

ET Warrior

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is actually about the 7th script they've tried.

They were going to do the first one, which involved no humans, but it only had like 3 minutes of dialogue, so they scrapped it. The others were basically the same thing they have now, just different characters and locales.

If it's like the games, we're in for a treat.

At least, I thought the games were good, excuse me if i'm wrong...

P.S. i hope to see a lot of the predators and their gadgets, they're the best alien race ever to have been designed by someone. I.M.H.O.

I made a poll about this awhile ago..... i might watch it, i might not, depends on what else is on at the time, and on various other factors.... one thing I do know though, video games becoming movies arent replete with quality as pieces of cinema...

resident evil

tomb raider

mortal kombat

ugh !

mtfbwya

mortal kombat rules. catchy tune and all...:D

AvP is likely to be a fun dumb action film. Whether it exceeds that probably depends on whether the director has grown up and whether they take the cool bits from the game (plots etc..) or just go for a dumb plotless film with lots of CGi.

I'd have more faith if they had picked a decent director...:rolleyes:

:wstupid:

I will go see it, but I don't expect it to have much of a plot. I'll be amazed if it does something other than "Oh my gosh how will humans prevail" and somehow the humans win.

I never really caught onto the predator/alien franchises, never seen any of the movies... am I missing something here? Cause they don't really look that interesting :)

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Because then I actually have to DO something. And the movie is more prettier :D

ET, you arent a very inspiring king at all :p If only I could summon a horde to topple you from that throne(made of lego and aluminium foil) :p j/k :D

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Mike Windu

I never really caught onto the predator/alien franchises, never seen any of the movies... am I missing something here? Cause they don't really look that interesting :)

Well Alien set up a whole genre... but it's dated a lot now due to everything copying it.

Aliens is one of the best action films ever made IMHO, great design, pace, thrills, characters, everything. Just don't watch the terrible directors cut that ruins the pacing.

The other films suck (unless you are a huge fan:D )

Predator was a great fun 80s action film, although not up to terminator standards. Again great design though.

Pred 2 has great ideas, but doesn't pull them off.

I guess the design/look/feel of the aliens is the main factor that made them cool... but the tanking of the sequels shows that just cos you have cool aliens and guns doesn't mean the film will be good, if it doesn't manage to have good story, characters and action it will still be average.

Archived