Home

Republicans Come here

yaebginn

Originally posted by DarthDurp

you're right, i dont belive in the bible. but i do care, because homosexuals are real people and you guys dont seem to treat them as such, you blindly follow a book of radical fables thatyou take too literally and automatically think that its right, why?

Homosexuals are very real people. There's nothing wrong with them personally -- they generally have great manners and good taste in style, among other traits. It's their insistence on marriage that I despise.

And it's not just homos -- it's wrong to marry your sister. It's wrong to marry your stepmother. And it's wrong to marry a person of the same sex.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by yaebginn

God created man.

So, lets say i build a Robot, and I make it a super smart robot, it can think of things on it's own and it does things on it's own. This robot decides to build a chair.

Did I build that chair? :dozey:

Just an analogy....I don't really believe that God created man......

Edit - OOO! better yet, lets say that I build a chair....did my PARENTS build that chair? Because they made me, and they even raised me. So they should probably get the credit for everything I do neh?

Originally posted by VanLingo

It's their insistence on marriage that I despise.

Why? How will allowing same-sex marriage affect you?

And it's not just homos -- it's wrong to marry your sister.

You realize that the prefix homo is not exclusive to homosexuals? Its an entire genus that includes yourself. Also, same-sex marriage doesn't compare to sibling marriage.

It's wrong to marry your stepmother.

Only if she's still married. If divorced or widowed, and the ages are legally appropriate, there's no legal restriction.

And it's wrong to marry a person of the same sex.

Why? The only reason that has validity is the superstitious beliefs associated with ancient religious taboo. There are no indications that same-sex marriage will have deleterious (harmful) affects to society and every indication that society will benefit.

Personally, the homosexual lifestyle isn't for me, but the more families that exist in communities to offer economic stability and increased spending the better.

Does the bible say how many kids of each gender Adam and Eve had? I sure don't remember...

But if you want incest in the Bible you can look more recent than Adam and Eve, Noahs family were the only humans to survive the flood, so the incest started all over again :dozey:

Adam and Eve only existed to a small percentage of the world's population when the myth was created. For the rest of the world, other creation myths existed, so the ethnocentric/religiocentric viewpoint of christianity as applied to society as a whole is invalid.

Religious arguments are not valid for deciding social institutions, which marriage is. Marriage is a civil contract. Religions are free to embrace it, but in the end, society should not be forced to embrace any one religion to marry.

Therefore, we can disgard the religious argument against same-sex marriage outright.

my parents consider themselves agnostic and they had a normal marriage like anyone else. how can you say God created something that is general in every society around the world, including the ones that don't believe in God at all.

And I would like to hear one of you answer SkinWalker's question on how same-sex marriage will affect you in the slightest. You're not gay, so don't have a gay marriage, stay out of their business. (sorry if that sounds like its a flame, i dont mean it that way)

Originally posted by Ice Demon44

If being a homosexual has no negative effect on society, then why do you all speak negatively of being incest. What negative effect on society does it have? Isn't that also a religious belief?

incest poses health problems. Often when a child is concepted in an incestual relationship it has very high chances of mental retardation, deformities, genetic disorders, and the like.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

incest poses health problems. Often when a child is concepted in an incestual relationship it has very high chances of mental retardation, deformities, genetic disorders, and the like.

Quoted cause its true. Incest brings about many genetic disorders because it does not allow the DNA or genetic material to develop any further.

Animals however, will have incestual sex if there is no other choice, ala some endangered species.

oh, then. yeah, but for instance, say adam and eve never existed. insest would is necessary for the recreation of human life. even in the matrix, there was incest. when the architect told neo he could chose like, a few people to recreate zion.

It all depends on the alleles, if the partners had the same congenital birth defect linked allele. They would have a chance of getting a homozygote by chance (You would have to do a Punit square to get chances) Inbreeding can also stop congenital birth defects, it all depends on when the sex takes place.

EDIT: Not 100% sure about alleles it has been a while since I had biology

But I am sure that it can stop birth defects

Incest is more of a cultural taboo than a religious one, although many religions include it as taboo. While there is an increased chance of genetic-related disease (mother/father each supply 23 of their 46 chromosomes and the 23 are the same as the 23 already with the other parent), unless there is some recessive and deleterious allele the children should be fine.

The taboo is more likely a evolutionary one than a strictly cultural one, since finding diversity for the gene pool is generally a good thing for a species and will offer better opportunities for adaptation. Becuase of the cultural significance that would then develop around this, early hominids may have included this taboo in their primitive religions.

Incest is permissible within certain cultures, even Western ones. Many royals of the not so distant past in both Protestant and Catholic monarchies engaged in incestuous relationships and marriages to maintain the royal line.

Archived