Home

Republicans Come here

yaebginn

Originally posted by yaebginn

I mean, I think he just does eney, meany, miney, mo to descide what he votes for.

If you ACTUALLY believe that, and weren't simply using hyperbole to make a point.....then your belief in the conservative rhetoric is so deep and unquestioning it makes me cringe.

I wish that the debaters from here would follow the Iraq war thread into the senate and try their luck debating in there :dozey:

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the only thing about michael moore's lies (which u havent given me any evidence that he did lie) is that they have absolutely nothing to do with the welfare of the nation. however, all the republicans that have lied have been in office and lied about something on his political agenda. bush jr lying about iraq, bush sr. lying about the tax hike, etc.

ok one thing, ET, I was involved in the war in Iraq thread, but now they moved it, and it wont let me post there, so its not worth it. You gusy shouldnt have moved it. I would've learned new words, it was a joke. Like, dignitude. If you saw the SNL skit. It was funny. and Kerry was trying for purple hearts to get out fo the war. He was only in it so he could be called a war hero when he ran for congress, thne when he ran for senator, now president. And yes, Bush wasnt the best guy when he was in his 20s. But he went through a complete chnage, mostly due to a religious experience. I'd rather Bush now, than Kerry, now. Not 20 year old Bush, but now Bush. Darthdurp, one thing, I wouldnt believe anything MM says. he is a huge liar and I'd do some seriosu research if I were you before I quote what he said. Second, there is still terrorism going on. I mean, we saved countless lives by getting Sadam. I mean, as long as thee are still people who hate us and would do anything to kill us, we should be over there. And if its still going on when i'm old enough, I'll go over there, too. Evidence, just go to the link above, there are plenty of Moore lies there. and ET, of course I dont truly belive that, it was a joke. But I wouldnt be that surprised at it. I mean, he votes one thing, then votes the complete opposite. I mean, geez.

ok one thing, ET, I was involved in the war in Iraq thread, but now they moved it, and it wont let me post there, so its not worth it. You gusy shouldnt have moved it.

uhmmm they should have and did because it was obviously a debate so it was moved to the debate forum (yes we have one). If you can't post in there I suggest you talk to someone in the help and feedback section.

i went to the link and all of moore's supposid lies were all opinionated in that. if you can come up with some actual proof that he lied then you could be a millionare if you sued him. but yeu have no proof of that, trust me if he was lying then someone would have figured it out and sued him, but nobody has, though everybody wants to. i dont think you can call anybody a liar without adequate proof. in my opinion, you are just saying hes a liar because its devastating to bush's re-election chances, and you need to have some way to supress the rumors that moore has created.

Ok, in Moores F911. He walked up to a congress guy and asked him to pass out stuff trying to get congressman to sign their kids up for the military. It showed the guy just stare at him. In reality, the guy said, 'sure, I'd like to pass thse out, especially to the people who voted for the war, I actually have two nepews in the service, one in Iraq, and one in afganistan' see, moore just docotred the real stuff to fool people. He is a liar. In Bowling for Columbine, I think it was, MM said there was a bank giving away free guns when u open an account. So Moore walked in the bank and opened an account, then ran out with a rifle. Well, for starters, the bank didnt give away guns, they gave a coupon for a rifle that you had to get a huge background check to get it. It turns out, MM just got a relica thing of the bank made and used that. If you look, he is wearing a different shirt when he has the rifle, than when he first goes in.

i actually did know about the thing from bowling for columbine, but in farenheit 9/11 that part that you mentioned was the congressman's side. he was afraid of looking bad in the movie, so he needed to do something about it. I saw the interview with him on CNN about a monmth and a half ago. Once again, if he was truly lying, then someone, anyone could sue his ass off and make millions upon millions of dollars.

Not Bush, just Moore. For one thing, u cant just sue someone for lying. If I could my little brother would be a poor man. The thing about wMDs is they moved them. I mean, we made it so Saddam couldnt have planes to bomb us with, so Saddam got rid of his planes, right. Wrong, an Iraqi tipped us off, so we dug way under the desert and found a hidden airfield underground. I mean, there are miles and miles of desert he could hide WMDs in. Syria is also a good guess. There is proof that he had them. I mean, he used gas on villages, killing them all. And a guy told us to dig up his rose gardens, and there we found parts to a warhead. I mean, wake up people. and there is no way to prove one way or another that the congressman was lying. Moore is infamous for being a huge liar. I mean, he doctors videos, lies outright, cuts peoples real words off. Even people who dont like Bush, dont like Moore, because he is a liar and a bully. If you catch him lying, he bullies you.

in case u didn't see the interview with moore on the o'reilly factor they had a debate about many things. and one thing i noticed, o'reilly, as he did many times, didn't care about politics. he made it a point to just attack and attack moore, he didn't care what he said, thats bullying. And about the lying thing, you can sue them when they make money off of those lies. its like the people suing Fox News for false advertising on their slogan "fair and balanced". i think its pretty obvious that its way too unbalanced, so thats technically a lie. if moore was lying, then they could easily sue him, because he makes money off of it. once again, you are thrashing michael moore only because he is contradicting the person u want to be president, lighten up, man.

also, how long did our so-called intelligence say there were WMDs before we went into iraq. we said we knew they were there basically a week before we went there. there is absolutely no way he could get rid of those weapons before we got in there, under our nose at that. the fact is that bush lied, he lied about what the intelligence said, and thousands of people died for that lie. whether or not it was a mistake, bush needs to swallow what little pride he has left and apoigize to the families of those soldiers, and indeed every patriotic american.

and Kerry was trying for purple hearts to get out fo the war. He was only in it so he could be called a war hero when he ran for congress, thne when he ran for senator, now president.

Right-wing extremist rhetoric. The guy beached his boat to chase the enemy. His shipmates credit him with keeping them alive. The difference between Kerry and Bush: Kerry actually went to the bush while Bush went to the martini. While Bush was skipping weekends with his part-time soldier gig, Kerry was ducking bullets and shrapnel. Bleh. Say what you want about the guys medals... I've never heard him talk them up or brag about them. But until you've been in a war, there's not much you can critique about others' participation.

And yes, Bush wasnt the best guy when he was in his 20s. But he went through a complete chnage, mostly due to a religious experience.

Right... now he's a pseudo-christian. His religious experience is to appeal to the so-called religious right as a constituency.

Darthdurp, one thing, I wouldnt believe anything MM says. he is a huge liar and I'd do some seriosu research if I were you before I quote what he said.

Bah. Sure, Moore applies a lot of hyperbole to his arguments, but the fact is, F-9/11 was loaded with facts and they are easily supported. I'll give you the "enlist your sons/daughters" stunt at the Capitol, but this is Moore's trademark. We come to expect this and noone really believes that the handful of Congressmen he accosted were representative of all of them, but he made a valid point: those that don't have to bleed in battle find it too easy to order others to.

Second, there is still terrorism going on.

There has always been terrorism going on. Terrorism is a symptom, not the disease. We should have finished the job in Afgahnistan instead of turning our backs on the terrorists and going to Iraq. Iraq was not a terrorist state and there was no credible or believable evidence to suggest that it was. Only some far reaching speculation regarding the fact that Zarqawi was in Iraq. It would be like saying that because John Demjanjuk was discovered hiding in America, America was a supporter of the Holocaust (Demjanjuk's war criminal conviction was overturned, btw). Correlation does not imply causation.

I mean, we saved countless lives by getting Sadam. I mean, as long as thee are still people who hate us and would do anything to kill us, we should be over there.

Ignorance. Nearly 1000 American servicemembers killed. Several thousand injured, many with life-long debilitations. Thousands of Iraqi citizens killed. Thousands more injured, many permanently. Sure... we prevented Saddam from killing more of his people. But we've only assisted others in continuing the process. Incidently, those terrorists in Iraq now are there because we made it possible. Invading Iraq because people in the world hate us is ignorant.

http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/

thats the site about his fellows not liking him. U democrats. 'Oh, bush lied about WMDs'

jeez. I mean, really. U can be wrong without lying. I thin he wasnt wrong, and Saddam hid them. When te inspectors came to check it out, they wouldnt let them in for three hours, and while they were weaiting, trucks came up, paused an hour, then moved, then they let them in. Hmm. its a no brainer.

NM, I believe this is another site. this is the one from his 'war buddies' point of view.

http://www.swiftvets.com/index.php?topic=SwiftPhoto

In Bowling for Columbine,... Well, for starters, the bank didnt give away guns, they gave a coupon for a rifle that you had to get a huge background check to get it.

Actually, in the state of Colorado, you don't need a background check (certainly not a huge one) to purchase a rifle or shotgun. Only handguns require use of the Instant Criminal Background Check System. For non-handguns and non-"type III" weapons (full auto, etc.), the dealer is only required to maintain a record of the sale or transfer.

It turns out, MM just got a relica thing of the bank made and used that. If you look, he is wearing a different shirt when he has the rifle, than when he first goes in.

You are aware that Michael Moore is not a journalist, right? His purpose seemed clear to me: demonstrate that the United States has a significant gun-culture. The bank did, indeed, give away guns for deposits. He wasn't "lying," he's a film-maker and he successfully described the culture of a large part of America.

I'm curious. Do you openly critique talking-heads of the Radical right like Rush Limbaugh with the same scrutiny? I bet not. And yet, Limbaugh has been repeatedly demonstrated to misrepresent the truth to a degree far and beyond anything Moore has done. And Limbaugh's answer to this: "I'm an entertainer, not a journalist." Right-wingnuts response to that: "mega-dittos!"

Originally posted by SkinWalker

I'm curious. Do you openly critique talking-heads of the Radical right like Rush Limbaugh with the same scrutiny? I bet not. And yet, Limbaugh has been repeatedly demonstrated to misrepresent the truth to a degree far and beyond anything Moore has done. And Limbaugh's answer to this: "I'm an entertainer, not a journalist." Right-wingnuts response to that: "mega-dittos!"

I've been wondering that too, I've yet to hear an answer from one of you conservatives about that too.

PS: I'm starting to wonder if we should move this to the debate forum also....

just to back up the comment about coloradoans not needing a backround check, i know, because i live there. once i was reading in a local newspaper "Gazette Telegraph" that a man twice convicted of arson, homicide, and larceny purchased a 12 gauge shotgun and killed someone with it two days later.

so if bush wasn't wrong then he is lying saying it was an intelligence failure, right? i mean, if saddam hid them, then it would be easy enough for bush to say that, rather than put the question off and start all the speculation of him lying. i know bush isnt the smartest guy, but he should at least be smart enough to sort everything out. he should stick to one story, mistake, lie, saddam hid them. whatever! as long as he keeps avoiding the speculation it will grow, and he will be out of the white house in january. the only thing he can do is straight out tell the american people what is going on, rather than continue to mislead up, its the only decent thing to do.

--

by the way, i realize we have major, major differences, but at least now there's a way to debate w/out people interrupting, honestly, this has been the best debate i've been a part of.

I always wonder though, If Iraq had weapons of mass destruction that could reach america and the motive to do it, why hasn't he? If I had some WMD's and I had a wanting to destroy america.... I'd do it BEFORE they attacked rather than get caught in a dingy hole. or maybe I'm just crazy and don't understand that prison could be fun, like summer camp. ;)

also my cousin got a deer rifle after opening a bank account and depositing 200 dollars. He also lives in Michigan, he's 17 by the way.

One name one thing rush lied about, besides the drugs. No, dont move it to the debate forum, jeez. whats with you guys and moving stuff. U r worse than Uhaul. And I am the one saying he made a mistkae. saddam id them, not Bush. I dont think he amde amistkae. We had both american and british intel say they had WMDs. I mean, jeez.

The thing about wMDs is they moved them.

Really? Where to? I mean, we've had troops in Iraq for over a year now... they haven't found jack.

You sound like one of those believers in UFOs and Bigfoot... when asked where they are or why we haven't found any evidence, they respond, "their faster than we can see; they have advanced technology... etc., etc."

Let me clue you in. Science tells us that the weapons don't exist. The two main concerns were VX nerve agent and unaccounted Anthrax spores. Anthrax has a shelf life of only 3 years in the best of conditions. VX a little longer. The chemicals are volitile and will breakdown. The ability to create new chemicals/anthrax was eliminated in 1991. You do the math.

What they probably stalled on was wanted to keep the pretext of having weapons to maintain some "respect" among their neighbors. Typical bully crap: make 'em think you're tough. They probably also were resistant to the inspectors because during the last round of inspections, the inspectors were used as spys for air strikes on key targets as well as WMD inspections.

You can speculate all you want, but the WMDs weren't there and Iraq was not a threat. The American people were decieved and it has cost us nearly 1/3 the number of casualties of 9/11. That's crap.

I mean, we made it so Saddam couldnt have planes to bomb us with, so Saddam got rid of his planes, right. Wrong, an Iraqi tipped us off, so we dug way under the desert and found a hidden airfield underground.

You really think Iraq could have attacked the US? There's no way those planes would have made it to Europe without inflight refueling, much less US soil. That is if they were in good order. They didn't have the supplies to keep maintainance up on their equipment because of the sanctions imposed upon them. Anything that took off would have been dusted before they cleared a runway. And they didn't uncover and underground airfield, but rather a single buried jet. Maybe a couple at the most.

I mean, there are miles and miles of desert he could hide WMDs in. Syria is also a good guess.

Speculation... speculation... speculation. Where's the evidence. Do you really think that its good to kill so many American servicemen with speculation? That's why this traitorous President needs to go.

And a guy told us to dig up his rose gardens, and there we found parts to a warhead.

You should quit while you're ahead, Bubba. It wasn't parts to a warhead, it was a few parts to a centrifuge. That's probably about 20 steps and 15 years from warhead.

UFOs, bigfoot, alien abductions, and right-wing cult rhetoric... it's all superstitious nonsense based on fallacious assumptions and supernatural expectation.

It wasnt that it reaching us, but it could be used to launch warheads at others. Ur only specualting that they arent there, seems kinda mean to persecute someone when he doenst have a lying history and he says that they are there. Bubba? Van Lingos name for people rubbing off on you? yes, a centrifuge, parts to a warhead missile. why else would there be a centrifuge buried under garden? Hmm, the dog buried it? ps, chck out my links at the bottom of page 1. I added another one via the edit button. oh, and if u type one of those long, crazy long posts like u did in the war in iraq thread, I'm not gonna read it. Thats like as long as a short book, jeez.

One name one thing rush lied about, besides the drugs.

You sure you just want "one?"

How about this one (you should pick up a copy of his book, The Way Things Ought To Be, its full of lies and deceptions):

Limbaugh criticizes the "Dukakis Furlough Program" and cites the brutal rape of a woman by Willie Horton (Limbaugh, ch. 16, 1993) who was let out of a Massachusetts prison on furlough. What Limbaugh doesn't say is that the program was NOT that of Dukakis, but rather that of the previous governor -a Republican. Dukakis actually repealed the law.

Okay... I just have to give you one more.

In chapter 24 of the same book, Limbaugh mentions the "myth of heterosexual AIDS" and ridicules the media and proclaims that there is no epidemic nor will there be. He maintains that AIDS is the problem of the gay community. Statistics don't bear this out and show that heterosexual AIDS is very problematic and definately a problem of both the straight and gay communities.

It wasnt that it reaching us, but it could be used to launch warheads at others.

but Bush said Iraq had WMD's and was a clear threat to AMERICA. also if you aren't going to read skins posts regardless of length then you should just stop debating, and when a thread becomes a debate it will be moved to the appropriate forum. If you don't like it, perhaps you should stop debating. Also I read the long posts from you conservatives so do many of the other members who take part in these debates, we expect the same amount of respect from you.

on the note of skins post. clicky

clicky 2

the latter is true. Gays are a larger spreader of STDs. The former, I will do research on an give u an answer later. u lke my new title? its the shizznit, no?

Insanesith, none of our post were as long as skinwalkers. belive me. and its my thread, I cant stop debating in my own thread, and I dont want it moved. if u want to enjoy the debate, do it here.

you are just saying that gays are larger spreaders of STD's because you are threatened by them, by change. You can't handle the fact that the homosexual community gaining power so you come up with propoganda to stop gay marriage by saying its a matter of definition, what the f*** does that mean? here's a couple of definitions for you-

conservative - hostile to change, one who opposes change or innovations

liberal - open-minded, one who favors greater political freedom from tradition

you only are opposed to homosexuals because its not 'traditional', and you are 'hostile' to them for that.

Originally posted by DarthDurp

you are just saying that gays are larger spreaders of STD's because you are threatened by them, by change. You can't handle the fact that the homosexual community gaining power so you come up with propoganda to stop gay marriage by saying its a matter of definition, what the f*** does that mean? here's a couple of definitions for you-

conservative - hostile to change, one who opposes change or innovations

liberal - open-minded, one who favors greater political freedom from tradition

you only are opposed to homosexuals because its not 'traditional', and you are 'hostile' to them for that.

while I somewhat agree, let's keep this somewhat civil. (don't take this as a assualt on you, I just don't want any flame wars going on, because when this stuff starts up, flames start going)

Archived