Home

What Happened to Bastilla?

Dr. Jekyll

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

I'm pretty sure it'll be decided in the questionning at the beginning of the game.

Yup, that is the way it has to happen. For Bastila and all the other NPC's as well.

Did you kill Carth or did he just run off, did he stay by your side. Is Juhani still alive, Jolee, Zzalbar, Mission, etc. The only 3 that are there no matter what are Canderous, HK, and T3.

^^^^^

Well, with some effort, they can cleverly discuise the questions, even hide them in the dialogue responses you are making to the NPC that is telling you what has happened to the republic while your main PC has been exiled.

I have been a GM and a player of the WEG paper and pencil Star Wars D6 RPG for over 15 years... has it been that long?

And I'll say you can definately find multiple clever ways to gain information from a player without them knowing it.

But yes lukeiamyourdad, how they execute the questioning of what happened in KOTOR will definately tell you how much effort they put in to the creation of the game.

If it is done bluntly and with no finesse then we might have another JA on our hands, not likely, but possible...

On the other hand if we don't detect the questions hardly at all, then we are probably going to be in for a real cool ride!

Of course some ppl that not own kotor 1 will buy kotor2.....

And they wont know nuthin about this questioning.

But I supose there will be Story at first about waht happend in kotor1...

^^^^^

That is exactly why the questioning about your ending of KOTOR should be as subtle as possible, because some who buy KOTOR 2 may not own or have played KOTOR and that should also be addressed from within the game itself.

And luke, the questioning very well could be in a conversation(s) of what you know of Revan, your answers within the dialogues answer matrix can tell the game how KOTOR went for you... Lightside, Darkside, Bastila loves Revan, Juhani Alive, etc.

And for the people who didn't play KOTOR there will probably be options for them as well with answers like "I don't know", "I really didn't know Revan that well", "I can't remember", etc.

As long as it's not; "did Carth hightail it on the unknown world, did Bastila lose her head at the star forge, etc..", I'll be happy.

I think it will be blunt to a point, (it kinda has to) I just don't want it to be black or white.

*hopes that makes sence*

yeah, i would laugh it the convo read:

"what happened in KOTOR 1?"

-1-"well, bastilla got fragged, carth ran off like a wussy, zaalbar hadn't had his 8 square meals so he ate mission"

-2-"bastilla lived and got freaky with revan, revan beat the shizzle out of malak and juhani got a big litter box"

-3-"KOTOR 1, what's that?"

-4-"look meatbag, shutup"

i'd get mad and take the game outside for a good burning. then send it's remains to lucasarts with a get bent card.

JA was terrible, 50 clams for an expansion like game? what a rip off. if it weren't for modders that thing would be an expensive paperweight.

The questioning?

You probably find the Ebon Hawk with T3-M4 on board. Then you ask T3 what happened.

Answer: "Beep. Bop. Beep. Boop. Frotz."

Which you translate into what happened in Kotor 1. If you tell Darkside Bastila is probably the new Dark lord of the Sith. If Ligthside. Well, I guess she is hiding somewhere.

Originally posted by 0rlo

yeah, i would laugh it the convo read:

"what happened in KOTOR 1?"

-1-"well, bastilla got fragged, carth ran off like a wussy, zaalbar hadn't had his 8 square meals so he ate mission"

-2-"bastilla lived and got freaky with revan, revan beat the shizzle out of malak and juhani got a big litter box"

-3-"KOTOR 1, what's that?"

-4-"look meatbag, shutup"

i'd get mad and take the game outside for a good burning. then send it's remains to lucasarts with a get bent card.

If it is that bad, not likely, but possible, then you won't be the only one sending LA some ashes.

• 4 weeks later...

well i'm looking forward to playing kotor 2 and getting quizzed at the beginnig to see how you finished kotor 1 to play out the rest of the game can be as subtle or as blunt as it likes just as long as i get to play it

its just a shame that it looks like im going to have to wait 6/7 months to play it

but what if you are one of the ppl that have completed kotor so many time that just for laugh you played it so you've seen all the alternate endings

how do you answer those questions then

answer however you want its your game

or maybe you could play it more than once and try several different ways to begin the game

the choice is yours

im sure that the programmers are trying to come up with a way so that kotor virgins get to fully enjoy kotor2 but lets be honest the vast amount of ppl that are going to be queing up to buy this game the second its released are going to be ppl like use who still cant get enough of kotor1 and want more

I'm also quite interested to see how this "interrogation" system will be implemented to the game. And yes, I agree, depending on the bluntness on the system, that may give us an early look at the effort put into the game. If this interrogation system is done correctly in the beginning, the replayability of the game should skyrocket because of the many extreme possibilities throughout the game.

Originally posted by delarius

If this interrogation system is done correctly in the beginning, the replayability of the game should skyrocket because of the many extreme possibilities throughout the game.

Exactly! :D

And don't you think that is what Obsidian has to be doing, think about it, the initial dialogues sets up the globals in the game so that certain NPC's could make cameos, possibly some very different things can happen later on in the game... That would mean a massive amount of replayability.

Archived