Home

Guybrush Threepwood Bust

Sven

Originally posted by Das Mole

wow, that's really good. how did you do that?

I was just pushing some clay around until it looked good enough :p

Well, go and get yourself some super sculpey or an oilbased clay like chavant or roma plastilina at your local artstore and start sculpting :)

Originally posted by James Isaac

The shape on that is amazingly realistic and smooth.

You must be really good at sculpting :eek:

Hi,

thanks, but that's my first sculpture and there is so much more room for improvements. But for my first sculpture I think it's okay.

It takes some time to handle all the different sculpting tools and materials. Next one will be Elaine. I will post some snapshots of the different stages :-)

Again, thanks for your comment.

Sven

MOST EXCELLENT DUDE!

The smoothness of it is definately a plus.

How'd you accomplish that?

Great bust. The way it is now reminds me of the kind produced at Disney Studios for when they are doing character animations.

Well keep up the good work:cool:

full19.gif

There's one thing missing....:explode:

And this is something someone may think is important or not but it's reallly something minor.

The earing. Course if you ended up painting it you could add that in, but actually I think you oughto keep not painted.

Again one of the best things on here so good job.

Guybrush looks anything but perfect in MI4. Despite not looking anything like any of the previous guybrushes (okay, so maybe in head shape) but he just looks way too goofy and that annoying smile on his face from beginning to end was too much.

Of course this is just my opinion.

Hell, guybrush changed so radically over the first three games, that I hardly cared too much about how he looked in the fourth, as long as he simply looked good. Which he did.

But about the sculpture... AMAZING!!! Very smooth and nice. I cannever sculpt like that. He doesn't perfectly match, (maybe I'm nuts but he kind of looks like Woody Alan) but your technique is great. TWO THUMBS UP!:thmbup1: :thmbup1:

Originally posted by pirate boy

There's one thing missing....:explode:

And this is something someone may think is important or not but it's reallly something minor.

The earing. Course if you ended up painting it you could add that in, but actually I think you oughto keep not painted.

Again one of the best things on here so good job. [/b]

Yep, you are totally right. I have removed the earing to change the ear. I'm currently giving this bust some final touches and attaching the earing now. Thanks for the hint! :-)

Hey all,

I thought I keep you updated on my little guybrush bust.

I have attached the earing, thanks 'pirate boy' :-)

guy7_small.jpg

guy8_small.jpg

For larger versions check out: http://www.gamecharacters.de

@Joshi: This is oilbased clay that can't be baked. So the material is somewhat flexible and I don't think it is clever to paint it.

Next step would be to make copies of this bust in resin that could be painted. But as I said before, this is my first sculpture and I'm not that familiar with moulding and casting.

Thanks a lot for your feedback folks, it is very appreciacted!

Sven

• 6 months later...

Archived