Home

2005 year of the RTS

Guest DarthMaulUK

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's good for several reasons:

1). The ROTS frenzy would have died down by then, assuming it's not in the theaters still because it hasn't been playing for six months straight!!

2). They will actually know what to put into the movie and what those pictures are that Lucas is giving them.

3). Any story lines will make since then.

D). When Lucas releases Episode III to DVD, they can release an expansion pack to incorporate all of his definitive changes to the Saga.

Guest DarthMaulUK

With Clone Campaigns. The Devs had just the art work for alot of the creatures in AOTC. They knew about the main characters, civs etc but for example. The Republic worker, was the waitress, which they didnt know.

Not sure how this new game will pan out. Especially as it will probably feature things from the TV cartoons.

DMUK

Not sure how this new game will pan out. Especially as it will probably feature things from the TV cartoons.
Hmm, that's something I hadn't thought of... I hope the main focus is just the movies, as the cartoons sometimes try to take a bit too much license and include things that are either silly or just wrong...

It does take Liberties yes one Fighter couldn't defeat millions of Genosian Fighters not in a millenium and certainly not in star wars.
Well if that one fighter is Anakin then it is slightly more feasible, but at any rate that's the least of their errors. The most glaring error to me was the fact that Battle Droids were piloting the Seismic Tank and not Pilot Droids, but there were others that were less obvious that I can't remember right now.

Vostok the only Visual dfiffernce between Pilot Droids and Battle droids are the Blue marking nothing too drastic.

When I said it wouldn't happen I meant regardless of the Pilot unless perhaps it was whichever gof you worship then maybe but The cartoon just has a rediculous amount of Fighters destroyed by Anakin with rediculous ease.

But Joe, if you buy a computer now, by the time the game comes out it will be out of date then too. So, either wait longer, or wait longer I suppose.

If they wait long enough for this game to come out they might be able to put stuff in it from this supposed new TV series I keep hearing about. Whatever it will be. Or it could be an expansion pack.

Hmm, I think if they include stuff from the TV shows at all, it won't be confined to just an expansion pack. An expansion pack of just TV show stuff probably wouldn't sell well enough.

Joe, you've been complaining about having an out of date computer for over two years now. Start saving now and you should have one before the new RTS comes out.

Why would there be an expansion Pack unless there's gonna be another Movie there won't be an expansion pack what is their to expand on? The only remote chance of there being an Expansion Pack is one that adds in the Yuuzhan Vong and the Chiss perhaps it could add in some other things to allow the Civs to have that NJO flavour.

Arn't we geting a little ahead of ourselves to debate Expansion Packs though?

Originally posted by DK_Viceroy

Arn't we geting a little ahead of ourselves to debate Expansion Packs though?

A very good point my friend. I was simply thinking ahead. I have no idea when this TV stuff is supposed to be coming out anyway, but it could be some time after the movie. If this RTS is a success then they may want to ride it out as much as they can with either different versions or with ex packs of some kind.

George Lucas is always thinking of marketing ideas, and this could be one.

They could easily create the standard game and then creat add on packs like EU, or different CIVS or something from this new TV stuff, etc.

Just a thought.

If there were and Expansion Pack it would propably be from the NJO series and add in the Yuuzhan Vong and the Chiss the reason why I add Chiss to the mix is because each civ so far has it's own Natural match while the Yuuzhan Vong without the Chiss would lack that and in the books of the NJO series the Chiss fare far better than the NR does against the Yuuzhan Vong making them a good candidate and their are quite a lot of refernces to Chiss Military equipment scattrered throughout.

What TV Show?

I also saw some images of this Ewok Advetures someone mentioned at the same tiome as the SWHS and they've put up Ewok Adventures Avatars on their site.

Archived