Home

2005 year of the RTS

Guest DarthMaulUK

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh her. She was quite sexy until she turned into a lizard thing or whatever it was. I've only seen AOTC once and I didn't pay much attention cos I found most of it quite boring. Heresy! Heresy! I've got the DVD but I can't bring myself to watch it again.

*dances a jig*

Just when I was about to lose hope.........

So when will Lucasarts be signing me up to their development team?

When hell freezes over.......

Yeah, Portman, Christiansen, McGregor, etc., are all good and proven actors. I really dont how Lucas managed to make them so wooden. My best guess was that Lucas never signed them on, and its just facsimile robots playing the parts.

luke - first of all, we will only know what sort of battle to expect in Ep3 when the film opens, not before, and therefore rumours are irrelevant. As for the post, it was to show you that, as i said, Lucas adds heaps of new content to each of his films, particually the prequel trilogy.

FroZ - actually it's because of on a mission to bug Hasbro into brigning back the Star Wars Micro Machines line. As part of that, i created a list of vehicles/ships that could be made into a MicroMachines in order to show Hasbro how many possabilities existed.

saber - want to send that DVD my way? ;)

Sith - wow, that tooka long time. I was expecting someone to come up with a response to that MUCH earlier.

Originally posted by FroZticles

Lifeless is probably what Lucas was aiming for, he is a Sith you know.......

By lifeless I meant without a soul...I mean...ah you know what the hell I meant!

Windu- Those aren't exactly rumors. I received SW Homing Beacon #X sometime ago and it had an interview with the guy who does the opening scene right after the moving text.

I'll forward it to you if you want and if I can find it.

Besides, this was about SWGB2 and lots of vehicles you mentionned are irrelevent to the topic.

While there will of course be new Episode III stuff, the original question was will there be enough new Episode III to warrant an expansion pack to SWGB1. The answer, of course, is no. No matter how much new Episode III stuff there is, they aren't going to make another expansion for SWGB1.

As luke's dad says, the huge space battle at the opening of Episode III has been confirmed by official sources. I expect we'll see a number of vehicles that won't exactly be new, but will be different. The vehicle designs are supposed to be much closer to what we see in A New Hope, but whether we'll see entire new vehicles or just grungier versions of existing vehicles remains to be seen.

When you can name all those vehicles from each movie off the top of your head its time to get a life.......
Yeah, I've been meaning to do that...

Now to bad acting... perhaps Lucas told them to act poorly because bad acting was one of the defining elements of the original Star Wars Trilogy? That's my explanation and I'm sticking to it. :D It wouldn't be Star Wars without bad acting. Even Alec Guinness, one of the greatest actors ever to grace the screen, is bad in Star Wars - so bad he didn't want his name attached to it.

Perhaps not but old Obi was still good. I never thought he as bad in the OT. He's not at his best but he got enough character development to be acceptable.

I guess the only actor that has almost been flawless in Star Wars is Harrison Ford. Without him, the Leia/Han relationship would've been very bad...better then the Padmé/Anakin but still baaaddd...

Vostok - actually the discussion was just about new Ep3 content, which i think will be important because we will probably get at the very least some new fighters which we can add to the game (SWGB2).

As for acting, my favourite actor from the 5 films would have to be Harrison Ford, least favourite would be Mark Hamill. Also, while there is some bad acting, there is only one bit that i actually cringe which is in Ep2 where Padme says to Anakin 'i've been dying a little each day since you came back into my life' - quite possibly the worst movie line ever spoken. If i had the power i would love to delete that scene from the film and my mind.

The love story with Padme and Anakin was not thought out well. Lucas is a action, sci-fi and adventure film maker if we all are forgetting. Why would Padme just throw her entire career/life away for the kid she met on Tatooine 10 years earlier......

Luke Skywalker(mark hamill) worst actor in Star Wars. I did not like his character I was hoping he would be slain by Vader. I would not mind a remake of the trilogy at all just to change the scarred image of Luke Skywalker in my mind.

Vostok- I don't think anyone mentioned an expansion pack with SWGB. The graphics are greatly outdated and I think they want to move forward and not backwards. If an expansion to SWGB was ever going to take place it would have a long time ago.

Originally posted by Nairb Notneb

Well, I all I know that if there is not an EPIII version (add on) to SWGB I will be very upset. My son and I love this game. I've been "playing" SW for over 20+ years now and I'm still doing it. I don't ever want to stop. Keep 'em coming George.

This is what I was referring to, and what started the whole Episode III discussion.

I agree nothing more will be made for SWGB, and I hope they include any new content from Episode III in the next RTS.

Just to clear all that up.

Guest DarthMaulUK

I think its safe to say that the next Star Wars RTS will be based on Episode III. And i pray that it has space battles.

As soon as the information is in my hands, everyone here WILL be the first to know!

DMUK

Vostok - not necessarily. Just because an RTS is set in space doesnt mean it MUST be 3D. An example here is 'Star Trek: Armada'. A fantastic RTS, it was 2D (though you could go limited 3D) and it worked fine. There was also an option called 'directors cut' which made the ships dogfight which was quite a nice feature.

That's kind of a big issue. I've been against the issue of adding space battles to Star Wars Battlefront due to the need to create a new engine for it.

You'll basically have two different engines merged into one. Never has been done before, could be a breakthrough in gaming or a total flop.

Archived