Home

2005 year of the RTS

Guest DarthMaulUK

Originally posted by DK_Viceroy

I use him as an example. One of someone we should all never Aspire to become and the Avatar of All Arrogance and All that is Horrible AKA THE DARK SIDE

Just another argument for me. You sound like a 10 year old. Stop it. It has gotten very annoying.

Originally posted by DK_Viceroy

I'd agree with Point 4 since Windu has been a little smug in the area of his Template being accepted and since I didn't get involved in Template Flapping I Can quite freely complain about others.

How does it justify flaming? Not at all. We should not openlyflame someone or counter flame someone for no apparent reason. Windu came in here pretty unhostile.

Originally posted by Nairb Notneb

Being the big Star Wars geek that I am, I wanted to name my kid after a character. I didn't want it to be obvious to the average Joe (or my wife because she would never go for it if she knew) so I suggested Mara.

I hope it was a girl ;) No seriously, Mara is a fairly common name. There was a girl in my old high school whose name was Mara an she was born before the character was created.

If you named her Jaida, it would have more strength to the argument since it's a pretty uncommon name.

But Mara is a beautiful name :) Glad your wife liked it :)

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have my Opinions do not flame them.

Mara is a nice name there are some names in there that arn't strange like Luke. Anakin is pushing it a little Ben as in obi is ok.

I didn't like the pair of them flapping Templates around it seemed the height of Arrogance and while the good ideas were good it meant LA couldn't use em without long negotiations.

How seriously? I do not know a lot about international laws but since he did not put a copyright on his ideas, people can rip-off them.

I could be really wrong about this...

I have my Opinions do not flame them.

There's opinion and simple annoyance.

Technically, it is ok to flame an opinion.

Look, attacking someone's idea is not like attacking the person.

If for example, I say:

-Your idea is stupid.

This is ok as long as you have an argument to back it up.

On the other hand if I say:

-You're stupid.

That's attacking the person and no argument can justify it.

saber - great post, hope to hear more of your exciting adventures in the future :)

viceroy - how is my creation of a template arrogant? As I have explained, I created it because it was fun and there was no news on the RTS front. In addition, it has the effect of showing other people what i would like to see in a Star Wars RTS.

With my spelling, yes, it was incorrect - my bad.

In relation to an x-pac, I agree, it is far more likely that an EU x-pac rather than a specific NJO x-pac would be created, however the odds are still against it.

FroZ - why would LucasArts get sued for making a Star Wars game? You have to remember that every RTS created rips-off ideas from the games that have come before - this is because the genre is constantly refined and changed, and so if one game comes out with a great idea, it is natural that other companies will follow. Aside from that, i seriously doubt that you can actually copyright a game feature.

Go back to your delusional state and wait by the phone for LA to give you a job at least then you were stubborn but reasonable now your just childish.

Why are you so obsessed with me getting a job with LA? Funnily enough, although i know a lot about computers, i'm far more involved in politics than technology.

They may not get sued but the games you based your template on your not that great. I think you pulled out all the worst features of about 5 games through them together to make a below average template which many of us have told you numerous times.

Ignore Viceroy he is still bitter most of us including me rejected his template. Maybe if he didn't add 15 EU civs most of which I have never even heard of before I may have taken an interest but I don't think I got through the first page without giving up and declaring a lost course. No offence :D

Its been proven by the game makers that the best items/ideas to put in the SW games come from the movies themselves. What locations do they always go to in the games? Always places mentioned (if not casually) in the movies. It is always the same places, over and over again. I mean, if 1000 systems have joined the Confederacy, then there have to be more than the 10 planets or so that were mentioned by name in the movies right? Why do the games keep going to those same systems? Because they are familiar to the players and familiarity breeds sales.

I agree that an EU x-pac might sell, but an x-pac that focus on only one storyline of EU is likely I believe. Its to finite.

I actually began working on another Template after I finished the other one I finished it ages ago I was recently considering posting it up but of course with the new anouncement it's obviously Redundant.

Frozticles I onlt had 10 civs in total but remeber that was at the time when we were all working with 8-10 being the Magic number of civs.

It comes to something When I have to start poitning out spelling I think I'l correct everyone while the Forum Sage is off swiling around Europe I wonder if I'll run into him on the streets of Newcastle Upon Tyne I wonder.

Just because you've just learned how to post properly doesn't give you the right to correct other people.

Even with spelling problems, Windu's(in fact anyone's) posts have always been readable. Go back a few weeks and look at your own posts before trying to elevate yourself to a higher level then other people.

Archived