Home

New Republic Commando Walkthrough Movie

fuzzyfreaker

cool video. i like the atmosphere stuff like the injured trooper limping and static in the helmet. being able to revive fallen troopers is a cool idea to allow them to create squad based puzzles and large amount of enemies throughout the game without worrying if the player lost a trooper or two.

don't worry you're not the only one who got mixed up.

http://www.gamershell.com has their description and link about battlefront, but it is for the republic commando video. wonder how long it will be up like that.

The guy playing the game makes it look really easy - but of course he already knows the level and how to use each of the markers effectively.

The game's looking good to me. Right down to the blood splats on the visor and the beam wiping the mess away. Those kinds of small details can really give a game the extra polish it needs.

The only problem that was apparent in that level was the linearity - unless there were some alternative pathways that we didn't see. He also didn't take very long to destroy the objective - so hopefully that was just a small taster mission. I'm hoping that this game doesn't take just 5 or 6 hours to complete. With 15 missions, ideally I'd like each one to take over an hour to finish.

I notice he didn't mention anything past vanilla MP modes, either.

Yes, it's all great! Also the small little details, and how he takes down that one bug in melee combat - with a knife in his glove or something. or maybe he just punched him, i didn't see it very well. anyway, i love the team-based gameplay, it all looks really sweet. I'm definatly gonna buy this game, even if i can finish it in 8 hours (5-6 hours is REALLY short), there's still multiplayer. I only hope this isn't too much, i also need to finish KOTOR before KOTOR 2 arrives, in both good and evil, and then there's my clan duties for battlefront... But this looks as awesome as... i don't know, just something awesome!

Originally posted by Doomgiver

how he takes down that one bug in melee combat - with a knife in his glove or something. or maybe he just punched him, i didn't see it very well.

it's a retractable blade of some kind ... look closely at these (poor) screenies i took of the walkthrough vid. it's noticable in the crosshairs in the first 2 pics.

repcom1.jpg

repcom2.jpg

repcom3.jpg

btw, can someone tell me how i can attach these files instead of linking to them?

This video is very encouraging. I like how you can use melee and grenades without switching weapons (Well greanades without swtiching is standard for a lot of games but punching is quite cool)

The guy obviously knew what was coming when the geonosians leapt at him... and it's probably one of the first missions being on Geonosis... still it'd make me jump if a geonosian suddenly leapt out of the darkness...

One thing I couldn't understand is when the troopers snipe at the bridge, why did it blow up? While it looked quite cool to have an interactive enviroment I couldn't see anything on the bridge 'cept geonosians

Archived