Home

Xbox version?? What on earth?!

Lord Haine

Hi everyone, recently i was brousing Amazon.co.uk to see if i could pre-order JTL, and stumbled across THIS, now then, please, please, PLEASE someone tell me this isnt going to happen??

SWG on Xbox? I dont agree. Is this really going to happen?

P.S. Before i start giving my reasons to why i disagree and before i start slagging Xbox's off i just want to make sure wether or not im right. :p

Guest DarthMaulUK

hehe. funny

There's one reason why you will NOT find SW Galaxies/JTL on any console - BUGS!

All 3 major companies, Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo have extremely tough rules for publishers who wanna publish on their formats.

These are commonly know as TRCs and are a set of rules that must be met before any game can be published. Because of the amount of bugs in Galaxies - including some of the serious ones like FPS dropping, being able to exit the gaming world, untextured areas - i could go on.... these are KEY areas why Galaxies would fail any submission for a console format.

Ok, sometimes things do get missed but the frame rate drop is something that will not be tolerated.

As for the Xbox vs the PS2 debate... there is no competition. Xbox wins hands down. Why? Because technically it is far superior.

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

As I have said Yim. The game will NOT come out on a console for the reasons I have stated. I work in the gaming industry, this is how I know all the strict rules that must be followed.

To give you an example.

When saving onto a PS2 memory card, if PlayStation is not spelt as I have typed it, it fails. So if it said Playstation - it would fail.

Thats just an example of how strict they are

DMUK

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DarthMaulUK
Originally posted by ^Invader

Well even then Dmuk it's Sony we already know as SWGers how they are, since they are making the own bugs now i seriously doubt LEC would let it be published for consoles.

Theres no doubt that putting Galaxies on a console would really improve flagging sales, especially in Europe but it will never happen

DMUK

Archived