Home

Farenheit 9/11

Pie™

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Pie™

Mennonite, have you even seen Bowling for Columbine? If you haven't, I suggest you STFU right now, and remember;

I've noticed that people who believe that evrything the president does is right usually just close their eyes and ears from anything stating anything else, just because they know that they're unable to argument against it :rolleyes:

*quickly reads below MH's sig*

Pie, dont bother trying to reason with MH.....

as I mentioned above. i wont be seeing this pic for a while, but I hate to see what this thread is going to turn into, because MM did achieve something positive with BFC, IMO..... at the end of the day you cant take that away from him or those brave kids.

mtfbwya

Michael Moore may be a little over the top with his methods, but you can't change the fact that the man is portraying fact. These aren't paid actors in his films, sure he's put his spin on how it's presented, but that doesn't change that they actually happened. And The purpose of this movie isn't to blame the administration for 9/11 itself, it's to critisize HOW the administration has handled this country since 9/11. Learn more about the movie before you pass judgement.

Indeed, the movie was about the Bush admins way of handling 9/11 and their decisions and flip flops on decisions and speeches. It was hands down the best movie of the year IMHO. and he bashed on republicans and democrats in the movie, which was very, very hilarious and very entertaining.

He also made light about how retarted both parties were when it came to the Patriot Act, which I can agree with Moore on, is the single most facist law ever passed in the United States of America in 227 years. It makes prohibition look like Ronald McDoncald's Happy Fun Time.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH BUSH ADMINISTRATION, CONGRESS, AND HOUSE OF REPRESENATIVES!!

Not to mention all the idiots on the state and city level, as well as moronic citizens, who also sided with this facist act. Welcome to 1930's Germany ladies and gents.

Oh, and if anyone of you people decide to say 'Hey, Kain said glass over the Middle East so he can't talk about facism', remember this: Sarcasm can be taken as seriousness...if you're a ****ing idiot.

Originally posted by MennoniteHobbit

1) If I expressed that pic in another way, with words, no one would listen or pay attention, it would be twisted, etc.

But in PICTURE form, your opinion is presented in a ridiculous manner that cannot be taken seriously, I can see why that would be desireable..... :indif:

Originally posted by Kain

He also made light about how retarted both parties were when it came to the Patriot Act, which I can agree with Moore on, is the single most facist law ever passed in the United States of America in 227 years. It makes prohibition look like Ronald McDoncald's Happy Fun Time.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH BUSH ADMINISTRATION, CONGRESS, AND HOUSE OF REPRESENATIVES!!

Not to mention all the idiots on the state and city level, as well as moronic citizens, who also sided with this facist act. Welcome to 1930's Germany ladies and gents.

I like the comparison to the Patriot Act to Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia.... but actually it makes them look like punk bitches, seeing as atleast they were open about being fascist and totally against all forms of freedom where as the patriot act well... yeah, I'm sure you can figure it all out for yourself.

Also, mobbit your picture is idiotic and it has no bearing at all, moore never ever says Bush is behind 9/11. Watch the movie before you bash it, or you're no better than some asshead on the street calling einstein a fake. ;)

the key to debate is to have your FACTS, not lies and slander :D I hope that helps you out in life.

PS: we can still be friends right? :D

Originally posted by InsaneSith

I like the comparison to the Patriot Act to Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia.... but actually it makes them look like punk bitches, seeing as atleast they were open about being fascist and totally against all forms of freedom where as the patriot act well... yeah, I'm sure you can figure it all out for yourself.

I didn't think of that. Good call.

Oh yea, my bad. *ahem*Werd.

It's all about the image yes, about bush this and bush that. There aren't any paid actors, however he raped some facts like the bank issue etc. Just read it

heh.... a lot of that site is utter shyte just so you know.

I don't, please tell me what is

Originally posted by Kain

.....Oh, and if anyone of you people decide to say 'Hey, Kain said glass over the Middle East so he can't talk about facism', remember this: Sarcasm can be taken as seriousness...if you're a ****ing idiot.

yes, that was a strange day in the life of Kain..... I'd be talkin crazy talk if I had to live in DrewCareyLand 24/7 too man :D

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Alegis Gensan

It's all about the image yes, about bush this and bush that. There aren't any paid actors, however he raped some facts like the bank issue etc. Just read it

I don't, please tell me what is

mainly the fact that they twist to say that moore is blaming columbine on k-mart, he's saying that they sold munitions to minors, and they're selling ammunition that isn't even used in sporting, that they should take it off the market. They say he's blaming capitalism for the kayla girls death, he's not. the site is commiting the same acts they claim moore is doing. They twist words and facts.

also, how did he rape facts? please tell me this.

it's to critisize HOW the administration has handled this country since 9/11. Learn more about the movie before you pass judgement.

"Michael Moore's film "Fahrenheit 9/11" criticizes President Bush for listening to Sarasota second-graders read a story for nearly seven minutes after learning the nation was under attack on Sept. 11, 2001."

http://www.naplesnews.com/npdn/florida/article/0,2071,NPDN_14910_2985640,00.html

That is merely one section, nothing yet.

You sir, suck at art. And that's a dumb cartoon.

And I'm free to say that, since none of what I said requires me seeing Fahrenheit 9/11 [yet].

And since when being good at art related to not stating anything about F911 before seeing it?

Originally posted by Pie™

Please don't critizise this movie unless you've seen it yourself ;)

Not criticizing the movie, now am I? :D

Originally posted by MennoniteHobbit

"Michael Moore's film "Fahrenheit 9/11" criticizes President Bush for listening to Sarasota second-graders read a story for nearly seven minutes after learning the nation was under attack on Sept. 11, 2001."

And that isn't blaming the administration for HOW it handled the 9/11 events.........why? It doesn't seem to have anything to do with blaming Bush for it happening. :dozey:

I saw the movie.

The movie is good. The sad thing though is that most of the hard facts against the government shown in the movie, I allready knew. But that is because I'm an informed canadian citizen.

And since this movie is out in the general public, hopefully a bunch of people who aren't as informed as I am will get to see it and actually see the stuff FoxNews, CNN and co. don't cover.

The best example is probebly one of the first scenes of the movie. The florida election "scandal". The fact that hundreds of visible minorities (notebly african americans) complained to the Senate about the unfair screening of voters. Thousands of signatures were collected in Florida to stop Bush from getting in the White House and doing a recount. All they needed was ONE signature from a Senator. ONE! And nobody would give it to them.

Anyways, go see the movie. Then form an opinion about it. Don't do like some Anti-Left and blindly assault Moore on being a liar. (like this guy here who goes on and on that the movie is full of lies, yet doesn't take the time to really proove they are lies.)

Originally posted by TheJackal

Anyways, go see the movie. Then form an opinion about it. Don't do like some Anti-Left and blindly assault Moore on being a liar. (like this guy here who goes on and on that the movie is full of lies, yet doesn't take the time to really proove they are lies.)

Yep. Not citing your sources is Mccarthyism.

If you'd read it you'd actually see that he explains some obvious stuff,

The president is also captured in a well-worn TV news clip, on a golf course, making a boilerplate response to a question on terrorism and then asking the reporters to watch his drive. Well, that's what you get if you catch the president on a golf course.

hes golfing and gets friggin questions. BUT specially presented like this, it looks as if he doesn't care. Answer me this; do you work 24/7? Do you work 86400 seconds a day?

Originally posted by InsaneSith

mainly the fact that they twist to say that moore is blaming columbine on k-mart, he's saying that they sold munitions to minors, and they're selling ammunition that isn't even used in sporting, that they should take it off the market. They say he's blaming capitalism for the kayla girls death, he's not. the site is commiting the same acts they claim moore is doing. They twist words and facts.

also, how did he rape facts? please tell me this.

Michael at the bank

I do agree that violence with arms can only be stopped by removing it *completely*, but thats impossible

Armed adults there stopped the killers, saving many lives.

And about the twist of moore, this is true:

In a segment towards the end, we see Moore talking to two Columbine students shot in their school's massacre. We're told both are disabled and suffering "from the 17-cent K-Mart bullets still embedded in their bodies." Moore says that as these kids showed him the various entry points for these bullets, "I thought of one way we could reduce the number of guns and bullets lying around. I asked one of the boys if they'd like to go to K-Mart to return the merchandise?"

I do not blindly believe everythign, but i checked a lot.

To summarize some stuff in this thread, this is from the "info page"

But I do not loath Michael Moore because of his views, nor because he freely expresses them. I loath Michael Moore because he uses crafty tricks and deceit to fool his viewers to make his points. That is not respectable. Everyone has a perfect right to even the most ridiculous or insulting opinions in this free land and it is close minded to despise those who do not think exactly like you. This is not my case against Moore. Moore uses inaccurate data, vicious stereotypes, baseless assertions and double standards in his internet editorials, books and films.

But I do not loath Michael Moore because of his views, nor because he freely expresses them. I loath Michael Moore because he uses crafty tricks and deceit to fool his viewers to make his points. That is not respectable. Everyone has a perfect right to even the most ridiculous or insulting opinions in this free land and it is close minded to despise those who do not think exactly like you. This is not my case against Moore. Moore uses inaccurate data, vicious stereotypes, baseless assertions and double standards in his internet editorials, books and films.

How is that any different than what Limbaugh, Savage, Fox News, or just about any other ultra-right wing conservative commentator does on a daily basis? It's exactly the same, just on the opposite side. The biggest difference is that Moore doesn't have a daily outlet for his opinions.

Somewhere between Michael Savage and Michael Moore lies the real truth about the world and the American people. That is why I think this is an important film, and why I think the people who are so opposed to this film are exactly the ones who should be seeing it.

If you want to understand why someone like me is so opposed to President Bush and his policies, then seeing a film like this with a somewhat open mind might just help clarify why I cannot trust this administration or the motives behind what they do. Even if it fails to change your mind on any of these issues, it never hurts to see things from another point of view.

hes golfing and gets friggin questions. BUT specially presented like this, it looks as if he doesn't care. Answer me this; do you work 24/7? Do you work 86400 seconds a day?

no, but my vacation doesn't take up 42% of my time on the job. :)

and what does your golf thing have to do with anything?

do you work 24/7? Do you work 86400 seconds a day?

....Just so you know, we're all aware that 24/7 means 24 hours a day, you didn't have to break it down into the actual seconds, because in truth it looks a lot less impressive in seconds. :dozey:

Archived