Home

The battlefront vehicles thread

reltes

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Mountainforest

One of the devs said they actually made the AT-AT bigger then he is in the movies, ecause he didn't felt like.

But I kind of agree. Look atr the MTT, which is 13 meters tall. Is teh AT-AT only two metres loinger then the MTT?

i doubt that

Originally posted by joesdomain

The same can be said for stormtroopers on dewbacks on Tatoonie. They are useful in close quarters against other infantry.

Ooo, you don't know how wrong you are. A Dewback is the last place I'd want to be in the middle of a firefight. Perched high up where you are very visible and moving very slow. You'd be a sitting duck.

Originally posted by SITH_ShadowCat

There is no room for you to fly the Naboo Starfighter (note the name Starfighter).

Actually, starfighters can operate in atmosphere. The X-wing and TIE fighter are both starfighters. 'Starfighter' just means it was made to operate in space, and works best there.

It all comes down to how spoiled we sound. They could of just closed the door on us and said that there are NO vehicels. They tried there best to incluede all they can, but LucasArts didn't give Pandemic enough time to put in the little things. If there is anybody you should blame, its LucasArts. Pandemic did an outstanding job with what they were given, and I'll take the vehicles I get as a blessing. Who needs things like Dewbacks and Naboo fighters? They wouldn't have helped the game any. I'll have a more optamistic view, they promised AT-ATs and we got them, so I'm happy. All I need are the AT-ATs and I'm done.:atat:

I agree with the others joesdomain when they say you should not make so a incredibly strong judgment of the game when you have never played it. I have some problems with your logic as you do mine. You say that it is possible to have made more vehicles and the game would run smooth. Well the devs say otherwise and if I have to choose between you and the devs I have to say it's the devs. They know what there doing. I haven't read a single review that has complained about a lack of vehicles. As for your theory on having dewbacks because of tauntauns. At least tauntauns can run dewbacks do diddly squat all they are there for is to be able to go across a long distance without walking. Have you ever seen a dewback run besides we have onyl seen a dewback in the movie for a total of what 30 seconds? Hey bobby if your out there could you help explain this?

I make good points. representatives from Lucasarts back in Jan. or Feb. posted a interview saying if you saw it in the star wars movies it would be in the game. No offense but just because someone said he is a devs on a forums board doesn't mean it is true. Internet is full of junk information and wierdos online making false claims. Not everything posted on the internet is true!

I make good points. representatives from Lucasarts back in Jan. or Feb. posted a interview saying if you saw it in the star wars movies it would be in the game. No offense but just because someone said he is a devs on a forums board doesn't mean it is true. Internet is full of junk information and wierdos online making false claims. Not everything posted on the internet is true!

Although I'm hardly serous about what I'm going to say, but what you just said is a contradiction. Were else did you read the LucasArts statement? If its on the internet, it must be false also. But back to serious matters, you just stated the key problem there. For starters, LucasArts was the one that mentioned it, and all they do is advertise and box the game. And the statement went like this: If its in the movies, its probably in the game. They never mentioned that every vehicle made is going to be in it. Your sounding like a 7 year old who didn't get the toy he wanted on his birthday. You either want the game for what it is or you don't want the game for what its not.

When Lucasarts publish that interview on their website that is official and Lucasarts is charge of the game. I would think any member who works for them in an official statement should wisely choose his words. He gave false hope to all those people out there who wanted to renact the classic star wars movie battles on PS2, etc. when he said that remark. He should of been more specific. I spent the work year since Jan. thinking I could play has any trooper, vehicle, starship from the 5 movies because of that remark! Then they give out at least 2 official screenshots back in april or may of imperial officers on endor.

Plus, if you look at a previous star wars game (The Clone Wars) made by pandemic they included the dwarf spider droid in the game. They also had many vehicles and starships. I remember counting at least 30 vehicles in the game but many were NPC's. Still they were in the game!

When Lucasarts publish that interview on their website that is official and Lucasarts is charge of the game. I would think any member who works for them in an official statement should wisely choose his words. He gave false hope to all those people out there who wanted to renact the classic star wars movie battles on PS2, etc. when he said that remark. He should of been more specific. I spent the work year since Jan. thinking I could play has any trooper, vehicle, starship from the 5 movies because of that remark! Then they give out at least 2 official screenshots back in april or may of imperial officers on endor.

Plus, if you look at a previous star wars game (The Clone Wars) made by pandemic they included the dwarf spider droid in the game. They also had many vehicles and starships. I remember counting at least 30 vehicles in the game but many were NPC's. Still they were in the game!

Sounds like you shot your hopes to high. Still, from what your saying, the lack of small iteams completely strips the game from any value which is untrue. You still get to play as the Storm trooper, you still get to pilot an AT-AT. Wampas weren't part of the battle of hoth, the material from the movie is still there. You mentioned you wanted to live Star Wars, and mentioned Dewbacks and Tatooine, yet never in the movies did rebels fight the imperials on Tatooine, so some of your points are invaled. I can understand you being against the dark trooper but thats besides the point right now. Everything from the battles you saw in the movie is still there. And on another note, nobody said that the dwarfs spiders were out. They could be NPCs controled by the AI just like the Geonosians. So in reallity, we still get to play the movies, just like the interview suggest. Everything that was cut was never commented on (Han Solo, Wampas) save for the Officer and spy. I think you went alittle off course in your argument and forgot to ask your self the truth, look back at some screens and vids, maybe that will calm your nerves.

I make good points. representatives from Lucasarts back in Jan. or Feb. posted a interview saying if you saw it in the star wars movies it would be in the game.

I believe they also said (in that same preview) that they probably wouldn't include vehicles simmilar to the ones they already had. They also gave a few examples, like the TIE interceptor not being in the game.

Originally posted by Mountainforest

I believe they also said (in that same preview) that they probably wouldn't include vehicles simmilar to the ones they already had. They also gave a few examples, like the TIE interceptor not being in the game.

Bingo! Your exactly right. They said that way back that interceptor and all werent going to be in it. As for the devs not really being devs that is simply your opinion joesdomain which is a fair opinion at that. I tend to belive these people that say they are devs though they have good evidence to prove it and no one has yet been able to make them stumble. There is more evidence supporting the fact that they say the trueth. but thats not what this thread is about so lets nto get to into it. Anyway i agree with shadowcat when he said you may have put your hopes a little to high. Now this amount of vehicles should not shock anyone they have been trinkling in this info for sometime now. If you want them to change it well thats a matter of your opinion. But no matter what you decide it doesn't really matter to me because I think this game will rock with what it does have. I'm just happy to have this game at all. Maybe if we started looking about what is there instead of what isn't there we could fully appreciate the hardwork the devs put into this game.

Archived