Home

Dark Trooper for JA

And I'm sorry, I have to take the link down, so the dark trooper project could be exclusive of the Dark Forces MOD. There's an initial version of the dark trooper phase 1 at Lucasfiles, but it's miles away from the release version for the mod.

Hehe, I didn't want to be too rude about it, cuz I didn't know if you did that skin. Personally I think it's good to start making stuff and learn, but I don't think one should submit every piece of crap you come up with. I mean, you ppl don't wanna see my initial work... I don't think I still have it anyway. Hehe.

Originally posted by P.Renegade 6X6

Dark Troopers...

Like the ones in SWGB? That would be cool.

No, the ones featured in the Dark Forces mod will be better in any aspect, they'll look more like in the original game, but improved with the goodies of high-res textures and shader effects ;).

The ones in SWB are more like fat, revamped stormtroopers, very slacky :( .

As someone stated in another thread, Galactic Battlegrounds is just a Star Wars mod for AOK thrown together and sold as a separate game. Unfortunately, I bought it...literally. There is hope for the game however, as a unit editor has been released for the game. I plan to tweak many units' attributes to give it more of a "Star Wars feel."

But I digress...

I downloaded that Lucasfiles Dark Trooper shortly after it came out. Despite being an early build, it's pretty good.

Thanks Neverhoodian :D. Actually the version that will be featured on the Gromas mines has a much more elaborated skin, by StormHammer, and a polished and good looking shader, whith specularity, a kick ass enviromental map, glowing eyes and blinking lights in several parts of the body :D. I bet it will blow you away.

As for the next two phases, even when I'm still supposed to model and skin, I don't finde them that exiting, since much more reference can be found about them, so there's not much for me to create, but just model what you all ppl know.

Archived