Home

Change player size in first person view.

CortoCG

Is it possible to change the player's height in first person view? See, I've recompiled the humanoid skeleton to be three times smaller than the original humanoid. In thid person view the recompiled models look tiny, but in firt person view the player is still as big as the original.

Oh wow, you actually went ahead with that?

Any plans on doing the levels? And have you noticed any side effects from this scaling? I'm sure it'll effect hit detection.

And how much have you scaled it?

*edit*

on another note if its not a cvar it'll require code changes. But I don't think its a complicated one.

*edit*

No side effects, besides the funny looking of small humanoids holding large weapons, or not beign able to raise the lightsaber over the floor level.

I scaled the complete skeletal animations to 0.25 instead of 0.64 (normal humanoid scale). I mean to scale everything down, and have real ATATs walking around or ships buzzing by. There're a lot of issues with the idea, concerning not only coding but also the art, like textures being too washed at that scale.

I don't know if the JA engine can manage large scale, Rebel Strike like, battles, but I'm gonna try it, cuz I'm sick and tired of Jedis and stupid siege maps with no SW movies feeling at all.

Originally posted by razorace

Ok first off, you don't have to touch the scale at all. The engine can handle maps larger than you need to worry about for large maps.

Secondly, you can do model scaling very easily inside the code.

It can? I wonder why nobody built a good huge Hoth map with ATATs or something... I must be getting old and melancolic, hehe. Ok then, project scrapped.

Originally posted by CortoCG

It can? I wonder why nobody built a good huge Hoth map with ATATs or something... I must be getting old and melancolic, hehe. Ok then, project scrapped.

Lack of motivation or lazyness is my guess. Why else do you think I seem to have a lot of JKO/JKA "firsts" under my belt?

Archived