Home

32 people?

Ch1cago88

Starwars Battlefront, what to say besides its looking like one of the best StarWars games ever. But I am confused with something, I know LA said that it will play up to 32 players online. But I heard someone saying their will be 99 NPC's playing as well, can someone clear this rumor up for me? Also along the lines of players, why only 32? BattleField Vietnam can play up to 64 players I think. Anyone know why they choose 32 if these are suppose to be such great wars?

It's actually 16 people for ps2 & X-box. 32 for PC users over the internet and 64 for PC users over a LAN. Personally, i would like to have 64 over the internet but........ Then again maybe they'll figure out a way and release a patch. But still it has the potential for greatness.

X-BOX/PS2 LAN: 32:

" " NET: 16....right?

32 (16v16) is more than enough people. Any more, and things start to become a bit of a clusterf***. Especially if the maps turn out to be not so big, and especially in uncoordinated public servers. And don't try to tell me that coordination and teamwork happens in public servers, because it doesn't. I just can't wait to start tossin therm detonators into groups of four soldiers all sitting by flags trying to cap them so they can get points when all it takes is one.

12v12 (as in BF:42) will probably be the team size of choice by the major gaming leagues, followed by an 8v8 league for the pub all-stars who value individual skill over collective team skill (in the PC realm).

This here alone (I'm talking about team size restrictions) is the primary reason why I will be taking no PS2/XBOX users into my clan. I plan on being competetive, and playing on the 12 man format. The major gaming leagues will probably frown on mixed platform play, and if you can only enter 16 player max games on consoles, forget about playing 12 man. Heck, you might not get to compete at all unless special console leagues are set up to accomodate you with smaller team sizes (6v6 and under) - typically leagues require you to have a few more open slots on the server than what the format requires (ex: 18 player slots for a 8v8 match) so that admins can enter the server if there's a problem.

you say that lots of people wil create chaos...but what you forgot tho think about was all the differnt options taht it sounds like a single battle needs....there are many vehicles(so u need pilots and what not) adn not to mentioni there are 5 charcter classes...and with all this in one battle the maps must be fairly large, so i think lots of people in one battle would be better

i actually want them to make it 16 vs 16 on console

in addition to the human players will there be AI players in multiplayer to add to the # of peopl ein a battle...i know you talked about it a little but do u know if its true

Archived