Home

Supporting OJP

razorace

I know several people have mentioned that they want to help with OJP but can't mod. Here's a partial list of things that people that can't/won't mod can do to help the project:

• Documentation - We can always have someone go over the OJP documentation and clean it up, proofread it, etc.
  • Public Relations - This would include updating the news on the OJP website, forward important info to the news sites, getting the releases out to the file servers, etc.
  • Servers - This means both servers that we have direct control over and JKA servers in general. Getting people to actually play the mod online would be great. I'll admit that I've been lacking in this department, primarily because my prefectionist nature makes me want to hold stuff before we do official compiles. I'll resolve to make more official/linux compiles if people come forward with the servers.

Ideally, I'd like to have at least one beta server each for Basic/Enhanced. If you're actually willing to financially support the project (putting your money where your mouth is). This would be the way to do it. I'm not so hot on the server admining so you could still have control over the server. I and the rest of the OJP would just want to have the ability to tinker with settings and such for testing purposes.
  • Packaging - Having someone to make regular packages of the source code and binaries would make the releases occur smoother and more often.

The overall point here is to help us with the project. Time we end up spending on the above means less time actually spent modding.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im working on redoing the melee animations. i wasn't sure where to post this. im gonna try to make it more martial-art like. the current ani's suck BAD! that was one of many places lucas arts let us down. tho im kinda glad cuz it gives us sumthin to do :)

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I made a thread on the MovieBattles offtopic forum a few days ago letting people know about OJP Enhanced v0.0.3. It's gotten a few responses, but I would recommend that people who like it here post at that thread and keep it fairly recent so more people there will know about it. MB is a great place to find JA players who like altered saber systems.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived