Home

Supporting OJP

razorace

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds cool Antilles. I hope that doesn't mean you won't stop by Meatgrinder now and then for laughs though. ;) But that'd be awesome!

I've you're not over it yet Raz, get well soon!

PS: What's the point of having just 1 map of a gametype in a cycle? People just start getting warmed up into it and then it's over. So don't have just 1 TFFA, make it 2, or 2 JM, etc. Unless we're purely testing it running with bots and don't care if people join or not... I realize you may be thinking, "we'll just make the unpopular gametypes go by fast so people can skip them easier" but that also means those of us who do want to play them get gipped. Just a thought... ;)

meatgrinder is always number 1 in my heart. In fact, the 2nd one I would hope would be kinda like it. you know if the grinder is boring, you can go to that one. In fact I would hope that everyone that runs the grinder would want to help run it and admin it and stuff. My only problem with the grinder lately is the fact that you can't get the gametypes you want. You know like only 1jm stuff like that. And the lack of admins anymore where has lath been and cannoli? I think you might want to get a couple more. But that is just my thoughts.

Unfortunately, JM is pretty unpopular, and it tends to clear the server out fast. As such, when I've been in charge of the map cycle, I've tried to set it up so that the unpopular gametypes are sandwiched between popular gametypes.

As for the inability to change gametypes, is nextmap voting not enabled on the server? In theory you could just nextmap vote until you got to the desired gametype.

Jedi Master is the best its everyone vs. the person with the lightsaber who will have all the force powers and a saber. Everyone else has no force and just weapons. So the idea is kill the master and get the saber then kill till your killed. Its really fun when you get the hang of it and you have people that know how to play it playing with you.

Unfortunately, JM is pretty unpopular, and it tends to clear the server out fast. As such, when I've been in charge of the map cycle, I've tried to set it up so that the unpopular gametypes are sandwiched between popular gametypes.

Bah, that's only true when noobs are around (so they don't know how to play or get trashed by Lath, Antilles, Cannoli or myself). They haven't played this gametype and are just waiting for their ONE favorite gametype. Granted, Siege is always #1 (and it rocks), but c'mon. The unpopular gametypes need testing anyways, so you know you want that, don't ya? ;) In any case, we can't really do them justice to just have ONE map of a certain gametype. You need at least two, back to back. If people don't want to join, no big deal. Their loss...

As for the inability to change gametypes, is nextmap voting not enabled on the server? In theory you could just nextmap vote until you got to the desired gametype.

I thought it was, but then voting always seems to have been a bit glitchy with OJP. It may be that they can't use limited voting options unless they're running the client side mod as well. Though I could be wrong... Otherwise I agree. People need not drop.

As for Asteroids, you can get it here. Well worth it!

And now OJP should work with it just great!

(that reminds me, I need to add Asteroids Mod to my downloads page!)

It was created with the help of Raven Software's Mike Gummelt. Basically he just used a few community folks to finish up some stuff that was left out of JA due to time constraints (the mod includes documentation with full credits for those interested, it was a fun project to be a part of, even if in a small way!). It has a Team FFA map where you can dogfight in an asteroid field (the teams are Rebels vs. Imperials) and an ENHANCED version of Siege Destroyer (released as a bare bones map awhile before Asteroids came out), which incorporates the better vehicle handling, new vehicles, and greater balance with regards to shields/health/damage. Plus it had some bug fixes and some pretty new hangars (with reflective floors!). ;)

Jedi Master is the best its everyone vs. the person with the lightsaber who will have all the force powers and a saber. Everyone else has no force and just weapons. So the idea is kill the master and get the saber then kill till your killed. Its really fun when you get the hang of it and you have people that know how to play it playing with you.

Indeed it is awesome, fun, and challenging! You don't get drain or absorb, but otherwise the Jedi is pretty danged powerful if he knows what he's doing. Some of our regulars are pretty darn good at JM and I don't stand a chance against them once they get goin'! ;)

I would point out that Jedi Master, like Holocron and CTY were originally featured in Jedi Outcast, and thanks to RazorAce, are now successfully ported for the JA maps (and bonus maps)! Actually, I think JM works on ANY map, automagically... I wish the same were true of Holocron!

I thought it was, but then voting always seems to have been a bit glitchy with OJP. It may be that they can't use limited voting options unless they're running the client side mod as well. Though I could be wrong... Otherwise I agree. People need not drop.

Well, if it's off there's no way we can test it. :) According to my to-do list, there's currently no items associated with the voting.

As for the unpopular gametypes, I think we're beating a dead horse if we do two maps in a row. It just results in the server being empty and unused for a long period of time.

Well then why have it at all? If "nobody" is going to show up, why waste our time?

I feel the second map gives a "break in" period to give people a chance to get used to it and try it out. But oh well... ;)

Well, people seem to be willing to "stick with it" if the unpopular gametypes are over quickly (hince the 20 timelimit) and immediately followed by something more popular.

Just found out about this mod by randomly going thru the files on pcgamemods and this mod looks nice.

Been looking for a similar mod to put on our duelserver for the clan i'm in (=|TGW|=). I'll try to convince the other members to get this and try it out.

I myself am not a huge fan of JA+ for duels but this seems to be what i'm looking for, looks pretty realistic.

In the meantime, Can someone give me an ip of a server wich uses this mod, cuz i only found one earlier.

~Dys~

Just found out about this mod by randomly going thru the files on pcgamemods and this mod looks nice.

Been looking for a similar mod to put on our duelserver for the clan i'm in (=|TGW|=). I'll try to convince the other members to get this and try it out.

I myself am not a huge fan of JA+ for duels but this seems to be what i'm looking for, looks pretty realistic.

In the meantime, Can someone give me an ip of a server wich uses this mod, cuz i only found one earlier.

~Dys~

At the moment, there is really only Tokakeke's server and the meatgrinder server on fridays that play OJP Enhanced (basically the ones that Vruki Salet mentioned). The fact that you might want to use your clans server to run it is great and it might at more server traffic for this mod in general. Although it is still in the beta and experiemental stages it really is an awsome and more realistic saber system.

If you want to meet up sometime and try out the sabersystem with a living person, put down a time to meet at the scheduling thread.

Aye, found that server and a few clanmembers downloaded the mod aswell so were gonna have a go with it there.

Cool, be sure that all of you read about the cahanges to the saber system in the Enhanced chages notepad or you'll have a had time figureing out what youre doing. Be sure to post any comments or suggestions you might have at this forum after you trying it. Feedback is good.

I just posted another thread about OJP Enhanced 0.0.6 on the off topic section of the Movie Battles forum. It seems to work pretty well for getting people interested so, same drill as usual; post stuff there if you can to answer questions and keep it recent.

.....................GO ENHANCED!!!

Archived