Home

Mod Ideas?

Tyler_Durden

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first of all, the reaosn why JA had this admin mods etc was cause of the duelling. Such things dont come in cames like battlefield so you JK veterans dont need to worry even a bit

As for punkbuster, punkbuster rules. Even though some hacks can bypass it, its ace for banning. Do you have any idea how hard it is to keep stalkers away with dynamic ips and stuff? Punkbuster creates GUIDS from the cd key and bans those. Ace. But ,i ts from a cdkey and lucasarts doesnt use keys, so no PB

extra maps would be kewl; for a mod perhaps just one with several fixes to the original one for better gameplay. Anyways; im happy with everything as long as its a mod and not a bunch of movie files

I just thought of another level. How about one where the two teams start off on separate sides of the map on two beaches with a body of water separating the teams? There would be small control points (smaller islands sporadically placed on the map) so as to help gain position on and better spawn points as well. Also the opposing factions would have huge fortresses that would need to be breached in order for the other team to take over and win. The fortresses would also be the only areas in which to get substantial vehicular transports such as xwings, tie fighters, or if it takes place in the prequels, clone transports, etc. speeder bikes and lesser vehicles will be placed at much more accessible areas. Also, if available, there will be water transports (boats) as well.

Does this sound good, bad? any ideas for improvement?

I don't think I would download stupid unnecessary mods that change the way a Pilot can be used for (etc) because it is most likely no one will download the mod, everyone just wants the normal Battlefront.

If to attempt such changes, I would say adding Mandalorians with flamethrowers and jetpacks would be a good idea.

As for myself, I'm mostly going to download new maps, can't wait for that one.

I always wanted to see the vehicals from Star Wars - Force Commander transferred into Battlefront, I always see it as a great shame when you add something into star wars from one game and don't use the new asset. All seems like a waste of design to me. They were decent ideas as well in my opinion like the AT-AA which was a nice anti aircraft unit.

The of course I wouldn't mind seeing some of the levels in Force Commander transferred into Battlefront, it would make a nice difference, instead of commanding the action you are actually involved in it.

Essentially, it would be kind of like force commander except you really don't have orders, though i think a mod like half life/natural selection would be cool, with a commander giving orders to set up small bases like in an RTS and upgrading weapons and armor. We'll see....... kind of an RTS/FPS hybrid.

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden

Essentially, it would be kind of like force commander except you really don't have orders, though i think a mod like half life/natural selection would be cool, with a commander giving orders to set up small bases like in an RTS and upgrading weapons and armor. We'll see....... kind of an RTS/FPS hybrid.

Like Battlezone?

i never played battlezone but in terms of having a commander give orders for the teams to go and build bases and gain position like in Natural Selection i think would be a cool feature also the commander would have access to a top down view as in an rts to see the progress of his team and to issue waypoints to his troops. One other thing, does this game have voice communication? I think that's something that's SORELY needed in these kinds of games. Although, when i think about it, lamers would spam the voice com so i would understand if Pandemic didn't include it.

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden

i never played battlezone but in terms of having a commander give orders for the teams to go and build bases and gain position like in Natural Selection i think would be a cool feature also the commander would have access to a top down view as in an rts to see the progress of his team and to issue waypoints to his troops. One other thing, does this game have voice communication? I think that's something that's SORELY needed in these kinds of games. Although, when i think about it, lamers would spam the voice com so i would understand if Pandemic didn't include it.

Like battlezone.

hehe... that EUX mod sounds pretty cool... But the carbonite gun was in only the expansion, Mysteries of the Sith, and Dark Forces 2 is actually Jedi Knight.

A world war 2 mod would be stupid, since there already is a starwars mod for battlefield 1942... it would be pretty lame, but there probably will be someone that makes one...

Unless TK takes his realism mod over to this game, I'll probably be looking into making a competetion mod for this game, since from the looks of it, a few things are going to need tweaking before this game is going to be really enjoyable and well balanced in a serious competetion sense.

All the tricks that could possibly be pulled in the BF:42 environment were figured out and being taken advantage of by the time it had been played competetively at CAL and TWL for a year. Just now has a 'BFPro' modificated been adopted by these leagues to raise the bar as far as gameplay goes to make things more interesting. Modifications were made to both gameplay and the maps themselves.

Anyway, I'll be looking into that as soon as the game comes out so that the leagues can look into this early on instead of later. The longer you wait with competetion mods, the harder it becomes to get leagues to implement it since the players get used to the same gameplay and will fight not to have it changed.

Originally posted by Schetter

Anyway, I'll be looking into that as soon as the game comes out so that the leagues can look into this early on instead of later. The longer you wait with competetion mods, the harder it becomes to get leagues to implement it since the players get used to the same gameplay and will fight not to have it changed.

Too early poses quite a problem. First off, you probably won't have the time to properly look into all the defaults. Second, Pandemic has yet to release all necessary patches(hopefully they'll be faster then DICE), some of which might alter gameplay. Third, I think the right course to follow would be waiting for all the patching to be done before making a competition mod.

Just my two cents.

luke...dad, do you have modding experience? Cuz it sounds like you know what you're saying.

First things first, we have no clue whatsoever of which modding tools Pandemic will be releasing.

It took us a long time and a lot of pressure to get Raven to release some usefull stuff when it comes to animations.

I can't imagine if it has to do with code.

Originally posted by CortoCG

First things first, we have no clue whatsoever of which modding tools Pandemic will be releasing.

I'm pretty sure they'll release some decent modding tools. They know that the success of BF1942 came not only with the full game but with the mods as well. The mods are even more popular then the original game. Might not be so with SWBF since I have a hard time thinking how we could make a non-star wars mod out of it .

Archived