Home

New Video Card

-=miniSITH=-

I finally figured out my problem. Last week I had to get a new harddrive (wont go into why). So today I get the new harddrive and I put it in, but when i look at my video card i notice that 3 of those capacitor things were blown up. Grask you told me that this might be my problem but i only looked at the ones on my motherboard and not my video card.

So anyway.....

Can anyone reccomend a good and inexpensive video card I can use to play SWG?

I got a Radeon 9600 SE. I LOVE IT!! It isn't latest greatest compared to some. But this Asus Radeon i got is wonderful, 128mb ram on it. It's definately a good price and a good card for the price. I got it for 88.95(shipping included) from Compuplus.com, here is some LINKAGE

But, maybe thats just me, cause I know its a large step up from a GEForce 2 MX/400...but i mean, the water, its reflective. Yes, after havin this so long, i still get amazed by the water :p. And my FPS doens slow to 2 when im blowing up a lair, or when 15 commandos are firing all on one thing in teh same spot

My rating 9 out of 10

You could try out here at newegg, for the same 9600 SE 128MB video card for $67.00 and no shipping cost.

I use a 9600 Pro 128. Its ok, I turn down the graphics cause I like to have a smooth game, once I get DSL I'll try turning them up. I really just need a new processor...

*goes to Newegg and buys everything*

/drool

Originally posted by Goose_Of_Mercy

You could try out here at newegg, for the same 9600 SE 128MB video card for $67.00 and no shipping cost.

I use a 9600 Pro 128. Its ok, I turn down the graphics cause I like to have a smooth game, once I get DSL I'll try turning them up. I really just need a new processor...

*goes to Newegg and buys everything*

/drool

Yea I bought my last Video Card for NewEgg (the one i just destroyed in less then a year):p

heh, if you can get it cheaper, go for it keldor, just do what sunshine pointed out, fill the warranty. i always forget Newegg when i think of new computer parts. and my uncle was skeptical of sites and "knew he could trust this one" so i had to go with it..

Archived