Home

Xmod 2.7.0 :: Released today

=X=Master HeX

x2_ss.jpg

Description: xMod 2 is a revolutionary mod for Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. Combining unique user and admin commands with gameplay enhancements, all of which are optional, which puts the admin in the driver's seat. Designed from the ground up for Ravensoft's Jedi Academy, xMod 2 delivers a server admin with gameplay features to improve your gaming experience in Jedi Academy, as well as controls that suit any admin's needs.

Examples of features:

- Fully versatile subadmin system so each admin can have their own password and access

...MD5 password encryption

...Over 30 subadmin commands

...Partial client name matching for all commands

- Bug fixes to make JKA what it should have been when it was released

...Saber damage fixes including DFAs and saber throw

...Level error fix system to block off high places

...Various lift fixes including damage and delay

- Quick chat commands and replacements

...#health, #armor, #force, and new #alert (for flag carriers)

...Easy private messages in say:: /hex sup man (says sup man to =X=Master HeX)

- FULL in game help system accessed by typing /help in the console on any xmod server

- Profanity filter with 5 modes to kick, warn, or remove profanity

- SQL Database engine built into the mod

...Supporting a topten, and real IP monitor (/sc aka)

- Advanced Duel support for both ffa and duel modes

...Auto emote before duels start

...Remaining health printout when a duel is won

...Starting and ending health settings

- Jedi Honor code enforcement

...Players can be immune to attacks after saber down for x seconds and they don't move

- New FreezeTag gamemode to be used with the CTF gametype

- Script Detection client with auto reporting

...Server can be set to boot or allow scripters

...Using this gives you a new CTF scoreboard!

- Cvars for Ammo amounts and Move Force Requirements

- In game server commands that work like forcetoggle for

...weapons, allowed votes, subadmin, and emotes

AND MUCH MORE documented at: http://xmod2.cat5camp.com

=======

- #alert added to alert teammates the flag carrier is in trouble

- Added 12 new emotes (/help emote on 2.7+ servers)

- New SQL database stat logging with ranking system and topten (/help gc on any xmod 2.7+ server)!

- 9 new subadmin commands including things like: summon, goto, aka, list (/help sc on any xmod 2.7+ server)

- New subadmin command that can be issued to change your password

- Cvar to fix lift delays that were introduced in JKA

- New auto emote system introduced for players with saber down (based off key words)

- Automatic emote at the start of duels (bow, gloat, etc) set via cvar

- Give your bot's pings via cvar!

- Rage tweak so it doesn't turn off when health is 1

- Fixed weapon toggles so they are the correct way

- Extended characters in names is now cvar'd instead of banned

- Ammo bugs fixed so the cvars function correctly

- Force bug when saber moves set to 0 force required/drained fixed

- Repaired kill mode 2 so the flag returns if you suicide

- Added a cvar to fix saber dmg trace so DFAs work again!

- Fixed a bug with showduelhealth for duel servers

- Repaired some issues with subadmin records not being able to be deleted

- Changed the way duel health is reported at the end of a duel so killtrackers work

- And much more...

You can get it from:

http://xmod2.cat5camp.com

http://www.pcgamemods.com/5951/

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This stuff is evil, pure evil.

HONOR STUFF IS CRAP, WHICH NEVER HAPPENED IN THE MOVIES, NOR SHOULD IT BE HAPPENDING NOW.

And, a speech that I just made over at the comments of this mod, at PC Game Mods:

Jedi Academy has been crap ever since these crappy mods that stop "laming" and promote "honor."

Tell me, how is it honor, when the Administrator puts someone who "lames" or disrespects someone, to sleep, and everyone constantly makes fun of the person put to sleep, and continously attacks them? The sleeping person is defenseless!! THAT IS DISHONOR. NOT "LAMING," AS YOU FREAKS CALL IT. THESE MODS RUIN EVERY GAME THAT THEY ARE MADE FOR.

:fett:

Xmod is geared to deal with the honor crowed passivly unlike some of the other adminmods out there. The honor system was developed for ffa servers that have no admins, with no rules. This would allow players to go afk or take a break from combat. Xmod was created when I started writing a mod for our ctf server back in the jk2 days. It still works best on a server that is saber only capture the flag.

As for the movie comment, in case we haven't noticed, this is not a movie. We're part of a FPS community that happens to involve melee weapons and starwars fan crud. I work to make a game that is horrid out of the box something that is playable.

Majin, you need to get your facts straight...

XMod does not promote admin abuse because it has no abuse commands.

Admin mods that have a sleep command make the sleeping player invulnerable to other players... so they do have a defense. If you think the sleep command is the most abusive one there is around, think again.

Who cares if "honor" wasn't in Star Wars? Neither are blood mods, Pokemon, Harry Potter, Halo, earthly weapons, but does that mean that people shouldn't make that stuff for this game too? C'mon... use some login here.

And, yelling in gigantic bold font doesn't get your point across any better...

Originally posted by TK-8252

Majin, you need to get your facts straight...

XMod does not promote admin abuse because it has no abuse commands.

Actually TK, the abuse-prone commands (slap, kill, trip) are back in. It also has teleporting to and teleporting a player from a location. The insidious effects of JA Plus Mod can't be ignored. Just as some people refuse to use a mod without sleep, others demand those functions.

I know your clan had some problems with stability with earlier versions, and I am happy to report that the 2.7 beta was stable, so I think all those bugs were squashed.

The elevator fixes alone make this a must have, if you play on maps with elevators. Elevators go up without delay, and are no longer 1-hit kill.

I know that, sadly, most people playing this game don't use\don't know how to use\can't use skillfully\are too afraid of the guns in this game, but you can now alter gun speed\damage\splash damage radius\ammo pickups. Imagine, E-11s and bowcasters that are actually useful and powerful.

The Top Ten scorers list displayed at the start has been very popular. People are coming and staying on my server to make sure they don't get bumped off the list. Of course, honor\rpg players don't care about score, but anywho...for those people there are 12 new emotes, and now you can have emotes be triggered by things you say, for all you amateur actors out there :rolleyes:

The new scoreboard shows deaths as well as kills (plus caps, returns, and flag time for CTF).

xmod_scoreboard_800.jpg

The private chat system is very easy to use.

The aka command lets admins see all the aliases used by players.

Saber tracing has been fixed, so no more sabers going through people with no damage

There is an anti-chat spam feature that keeps people from filling up the screen with chat binds.

There is a freeze tag game you can play when you get tired of playing "duck duck goose" :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

Actually TK, the abuse-prone commands (slap, kill, trip) are back in. It also has teleporting to and teleporting a player from a location. The insidious effects of JA Plus Mod can't be ignored. Just as some people refuse to use a mod without sleep, others demand those functions.

Yes, I never used XMOD, but I looked through all of the features to see if they had admin abuse powers...which they did. Hence, I am not saying that this mod has abuse stuff...when it doesn't (if it didn't have admin abuse powers...it'd make me look like a fool for protesting them).

Originally posted by Majin Revan

This stuff is evil, pure evil.

HONOR STUFF IS CRAP, WHICH NEVER HAPPENED IN THE MOVIES, NOR SHOULD IT BE HAPPENDING NOW.

And, a speech that I just made over at the comments of this mod, at PC Game Mods:

Jedi Academy has been crap ever since these crappy mods that stop "laming" and promote "honor."

Tell me, how is it honor, when the Administrator puts someone who "lames" or disrespects someone, to sleep, and everyone constantly makes fun of the person put to sleep, and continously attacks them? The sleeping person is defenseless!! THAT IS DISHONOR. NOT "LAMING," AS YOU FREAKS CALL IT. THESE MODS RUIN EVERY GAME THAT THEY ARE MADE FOR.

oh my god would you shut the **** up. you are two years late for the bandwagon, dumba**.

[image in violation of rules removed]

It's too late to fix the community by removing abusive admin commands. If one author decides to include them then we've already defeated the purpose of not making them. The commands are there for the admins that can't get enough power, but at the same time I will do my best to see there are tons of features and bugfixes included that it doesn't matter how abusive your admins are.

If your local server has some asshat for an admin you can always try out my server or chopshop as you won't be nuked and tripped all day. Remember no matter what tools I put in the game if an admin wants to be abusive they will. It's a matter of finding a home server, make some friends, and stick with it. Xmod is designed to promote reconnecting to favorite servers to create more clans in the community. Not for serverhopping seeing how badly someone can abuse admin commands on you.

Luuuuuuurvly! exelent mod. Certianly the best out there, untill you-know-who copies it from you :p *cough slider cough*

Hex is right, if the admins want to abuse they will no matter what is there for them to abuse. No, hex's rep is not going to drop fast, because his mod simply is still great. I wouldn't say it was a sad day for xmod, it's a sad day for slider because now he has to spend time copyin hex's ideas.

majinrevan, I apologize for chastizing you in private about Xmod2.

Truly, Xmod2 was a great mod, but now, Hex tells me he has put those amabuse commands BACK IN HIS MOD.

"Too late"? You didn't feel that way back in version 2.2.x I guess! And we all respected you for going against the grain and adopting something that actually helped the community.

Nevermind guys, his mod is now just as useless as JA+ Mod as far as I'm concerned!

Though I guess you can still use version 2.6, but still. The damage is done.

Oh, I suppose since JA+ mod has these commands ALL admin mods should have them right? Great logic there. I suppose we should all lower our standards for the egotripping admins who eat this stuff up.

Instead of helping the community, you're just going to push us faster down the drain. Thanks for nothing!

Shame on you, Hex, for desiring popularity over usefulness and integrity, which you (formerly) had.

And to think I was seriously considering using this mod on my server(s)!

Calm down siths, the games ruined by sliders mod, who ever will abuse xmod would of abused sliders mod instead if the commands were not in xmod. I think your all over-reacting, the mod isn't as useless as JA+, wow, a whole 5 abusive cmds, it was a great mod untill you guys discovered them :rolleyes: .

No, I don't agree with honor crap, I hate it. I think you guys should appreciate xmod for what it is, if you all cared so much maybe you should of continued your support in xmod forums, but non of you have (other than a few loyal people like ace).

Don't listen to the haters hex, it's your mod and you can do whatever the hell you want with it, nothing good to say kurg? you know the drill...don't say it.

Originally posted by kolusiem

Calm down siths, the games ruined by sliders mod, who ever will abuse xmod would of abused sliders mod instead if the commands were not in xmod. I think your all over-reacting, the mod isn't as useless as JA+, wow, a whole 5 abusive cmds, it was a great mod untill you guys discovered them :rolleyes: .

No, I don't agree with honor crap, I hate it. I think you guys should appreciate xmod for what it is, if you all cared so much maybe you should of continued your support in xmod forums, but non of you have (other than a few loyal people like ace).

Don't listen to the haters hex, it's your mod and you can do whatever the hell you want with it, nothing good to say kurg? you know the drill...don't say it.

The responsibility here lies SOELY at the feet of Hex. He's the one who decided to put the commands in. He didn't have to, in fact his mod did just fine without them.

Slider is the main part of the problem because he refuses to see reason or admit to the damage his mod has done and continues to do with each new version he releases. Up until now Xmod2 was not part of the problem.

Now, like I said, he's just speeding the death of the community, for no good reason at all. That's the sad part. Over-reacting? No. Not when the game you paid good money for and the servers you rely on are ruined by the poor choices of a couple of mod makers.

The "well if you don't like it don't use it" excuse doesn't work here. Why? Because the majority of servers use admin mods. Either due to laziness or simple group-behavior, they use them. So its very hard to find a server without them. Thus admin mod makers have a responsibilty not to give abusive commands to every admin in the game.

Up to this point Xmod2 set itself apart because it was simply BETTER than JA+ Mod. The features were actually requested and useful for admins, rather than being silly diversions for people who want to chat and roleplay instead of game. Yes, it had "honor enforcement" but it was an automatic passive system, that was free from the abuses, due to taking out the "fallible human factor."

Xmod2 could work for honor enforcement and it didn't NEED abusive commands to do this. It was a good system. Now suddenly we're back to square one, with an antiquated and illogical system slapped on top of the tried-and-true one. For no good reason other than "everybody else [ie: Slider] is doing it."

So it was good for honor and competative games alike. Now it's all gone down the tubes due to the all-stupid ampunish commands.

Saying that Hex is above all criticism because of the good he's done in the past just doesn't fly. He clearly has made a mistake here, and I hope he realizes it and remedies it (as he did in the past) before he does too much more damage. His mod just came out and already people are abusing it. Can't say he couldn't see this coming can he?

The "oh well only bad people will abuse it" is foolish logic, because they are only able to abuse those features if they are available in the first place.

The majority of egotistical admins and "h0n0r n00bs" don't know how to code to save their lives, so they can't just make their own admin mod. So the few with the skills have a responsibility not to make it easy for them to ruin the game. Their excuses don't hold water.

Can a person abuse rcon? Sure. But at least it's not ready-made with user friendly humiliation buttons, which is what "ampunish" is (slap, slay, kill, explode, sleep, teleport, terminator, empower, etc). They're designed to make the admin feel like a god who lord's his power over others and tortures them for his pleasure. The "logic" given by those who defend it is that "this is the only way to stop lamers who have no honor." And we all know that "Honor" is simply a made-up concept that has nothing to do with FPS gaming, star wars, or the intentions of the developers of this series. We also know that the ampunish system of commands does NOT discriminate in how they are used. An admin can use them for any reason or no reason at all. The temptation is far too great to use them on a whim when they are bored or losing or just want to get a rise out of somebody. By not including them in a mod, this cuts down on the abuses that admins can do.

I'd much rather be kicked and banned from a server than have to put up with the ampunish commands. And it saves time too.

Take away the lamers toys and he can't "lame" anymore.

But Slider and Hex are only too happy to give these unworthy idiots their toys, so they're doing just as much damage to the community, when it comes down to it.

I have every right to speak against Hex's foolish decision. Why? Because I'm a member of this community, and so I'm directly affected by his decisions. As of right now I won't be able to join an Xmod2 server, without fear of being slapped, slain, teleported, tripped, etc. Because he has put those tools in their hands.

Likewise as a server admin, I have contributed more than my share to this community and I refuse to use admin mods that introduce abusive commands even if I trust myself not to use them on people.

As I say again, Slider and Hex are responsible for the damage caused by their mods. They can't just fire and forget. This is why I speak and all this "don't listen to them" is also foolish. He took the commands out, because he actually listened to responsible admins and players who are sick of the abuse. Now I'm not sure if he's listening to the egotistical whiners who want to abuse players or if he's just listening to his OWN ego because he thinks the key to being as popular as JA+ is introducing useless commands like this.

I don't know, but I'm not going to judge. I only ask that Hex listen to reason and remove the abusive commands from his mod. They contribute nothing, and only increase the atmosphere of intolerance, stupidity, and general anti-competativeness and anti-fun created by the ampunish commands way back in the JK2 community.

Hex can speak for himself about his own mod if he wants to. If he didn't want to open himself up for criticism, he should never have released a public mod.

This is meant to be constructive. Notice I'm not bashing Hex himself, I'm only pointing out the consequences of his rash action in the last release. If he gets off the hook for this, then so does Slider. Let's not be hypocritical, guys...

Originally posted by kolusiem

some of us just recently started playing again as a diversion from our more competitive games like Counter-Strike, Unreal Tournament 2004, and Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.

i love the mod and i love what its given us, but i can still dislike certain things about it.

and support it? we run it on both our servers. not to mention WE (as in ami, my teammates, myself, kurgan, and a few others) were the ones who were pushing it in the first place so don't go down the "you should have supported the mod" bull**** road.

Archived