Home

Xmod 2.7.0 :: Released today

=X=Master HeX

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

Hex put a lot of work into his mod, he knows it is superior to slider's, and he just wants people to consider using it, realizing that what's done is done, and having those 3 or 4 commands in or out is not going to "save" or "kill" the community either way, but it may cause people to use his mod who otherwise wouldn't consider it.

Yeah, by pandering to the individuals that like using kick, slap, freeze, a majority of which abuse those powers.

During the past few months I have run JA Plus, JA Reloaded, and xmod2 on my servers for various reasons. And no matter what mod was used, no one was abused on my servers. And I assume the same is true for other CTF servers and most Siege servers. To say that players going to xmod servers must now be afraid of being abused may be theoretically true, but practically it isn't a real concern, because most of the servers running xmod2 are not places where people will be abused.

But this move wasn't made for those servers/admins, it was made for the admins that want to use kick. slap, and freeze. It looks like Hex's intention is to draw the kick/slap/freeze admins away from JA+ and into Xmod2. This is not a gain for anyone other than Hex, who seems to think that popularity is more important than having fun making the mod. (If you want popularity, go mod for Battlefield, Half-Life, or UT2004.)

In fact, this will have a negative impact since....

A) you're only enabling these wankers.

B) players will no longer be safe from that sort of abuse on Xmod2 servers (unless they use outdated versions). This move forces your loyal fanbase to spend MORE time looking for fun/safe servers since they can no longer trust Xmod2 to be abuse-free.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically what this boils down to is playing the game (with these mods scattered out there) sucks. Which is why I don't play, I just mod. And I don't do emotes. Which I'm sure would make me nice and popular with the whole honor crowd.

Originally posted by razorace

But this move wasn't made for those servers/admins, it was made for the admins that want to use kick. slap, and freeze. It looks like Hex's intention is to draw the kick/slap/freeze admins away from JA+ and into Xmod2. This is not a gain for anyone other than Hex, who seems to think that popularity is more important than having fun making the mod. (If you want popularity, go mod for Battlefield, Half-Life, or UT2004.)

In fact, this will have a negative impact since....

A) you're only enabling these wankers.

B) players will no longer be safe from that sort of abuse on Xmod2 servers (unless they use outdated versions). This move forces your loyal fanbase to spend MORE time looking for fun/safe servers since they can no longer trust Xmod2 to be abuse-free.

Actually, moving people from JA+ to xmod2 does have the potential for reducing player abuse for two reasons:

1) The automatic Honor code enforcement by preventing "laming" removes the pretext for using abusive commands. The "honor" admins are constantly claiming they use those commands not because they enjoy using them, but because they have to in order to enforce their rules. If they are being truthful, xmod2's automatic anti-laming feature should reduce the necessity to use those abuse-prone commands.

2) xmod2 simply does not have as many abuse-prone commands.

Both mods have sleep\freeze, slay\kill, and slap. xmod2 also has trip (Knocks a player down on the ground). But JA Plus has ampunish (player is immobilized in a "gripped" animation), ammerc (like terminator, gives all weapons) and amempower (gives all Force powers, usually to an admin). The "honor" players claim they like to have terminator vs. empowered duels, but I wouldn't know, cheating isn't my cup of tea.

Again, people may object on principle or in theory, but let's face facts, as I have said elsewhere, the war is over and the "honors" freaks and admin-power abusers won. Nothing is going to change that at this late date, not even if all future versions of all admin mods removed those commands. In my opinion, the community, not just Hex, is better off if there are 300 servers with JA Plus Mod and 32 servers with the current xmod2, than with 320 with JA Plus Mod and 12 with xmod2 without the abuse-prone commands.

1) The automatic Honor code enforcement by preventing "laming" removes the pretext for using abusive commands. The "honor" admins are constantly claiming they use those commands not because they enjoy using them, but because they have to in order to enforce their rules. If they are being truthful, xmod2's automatic anti-laming feature should reduce the necessity to use those abuse-prone commands.

If they were truly interested in using the auto honor code they'd already be using Xmod2. And, secondly, they're going to have an excuse no matter what they do.

2) xmod2 simply does not have as many abuse-prone commands.

I'm not really sure how that helps. Either way, it results in good players getting forced into server shopping because a lot of servers have admins that like to see players laying on their backs all the time.

wonderfulll.... yet another admin abusing mod to ruin the free for all community even more than JA+ already has.... great job guys!!!!!!!!!!!maybe make a mod in the future that prevents nOObs being admins period because that is all these mods are for to abuse anyone that does not adheed to their precise likings and flavor of cake and that really disturbs me with this game. which 90 percent of them do the same thing they do you in for... these mods are for hippocrits!!!!!!!!!

spend time on making the game better not ruining it.

btw if its honor you want and laming to prevent maybe you should go get Donkey Kong instead... seems more your forte.

edited yet once again... you ever notice it is the ones that constantly spam these forums that you will never find online in a JA game?????? I wonder why that is......

Originally posted by Nylith

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm the founder of the Anti-Lord Kurgan Society. In this letter, I will tell you what made me form such an organization and how I plan to use it to inculcate in the reader an inquisitive spirit and a skepticism about beliefs that Lord Kurgan's coadjutors take for granted. First, the misinformation: Kurgan suggests that obscurity, evasiveness, incomprehensibility, indirectness, and ambiguity are marks of depth and brilliance. Where the heck did he come up with that? My answer is, as always, a model of clarity and the soul of wit: I don't know. However, I do know that you can chalk up incidents such as the ones I've described to the blinkered nature of his convictions. Excuse me; that's not entirely correct. What I meant to say is that the dogs of immoralism are barking up a storm, driven half-mad by the thought that Kurgan has OD'd on pharisaism. And that furious barking is music to my ears, because if he thinks that he has his moral compass in tact, then he's sadly mistaken.

What that means, simply put, is that people often get the impression that grumpy heresiarchs and Kurgan's lapdogs are separate entities. Not so. When one catches cold, the other sneezes. As proof, note that Kurgan and I disagree about our civic duties. I believe that we must do our utmost to take steps toward creating an inclusive society free of attitudinal barriers as expeditiously as possible. Kurgan, on the other hand, believes that a plausible excuse is a satisfactory substitute for performance. On rare occasions, in order to preserve their liberties, sometimes people must create profound emotional distress for people on both sides of the issue. Kurgan does that even when his liberties aren't being threatened.

He can go on saying that he knows the "right" way to read Plato, Maimonides, and Machiavelli, but the rest of us have serious problems to deal with that preclude our indulging in such manipulative dreams just now. My message is clear: I cannot believe how many actual, physical, breathing, thinking people have fallen for his subterfuge. I'm completely stunned. In public, Kurgan vehemently inveighs against corruption and sin. But when nobody's looking, Kurgan never fails to make people weak and dependent.

All the deals he makes are strictly one-way. Kurgan gets all the rights, and the other party gets all the obligations. Jacobinism is the answer, but only if the question was, "What's the moral equivalent of letting Kurgan identify political and religious groups that are his political enemies and re-label them as 'harebrained Kurgan clones' in order to justify operations against them?" Once, just once, I'd like to see his grunts challenge him to defend his scribblings or else to change them. But until they do that (if they ever do that), we must realize that I see how important his disruptive attitudes are to his yes-men and I laugh. I laugh because I can't live with lousy boors who force us to experience the full spectrum of the Kurgan Rainbow of Paternalism. Do I blame society for this? No, I blame Kurgan. Let me move now from the abstract to the concrete. That is, let me give you a (mercifully) few examples of his outrageous ineptitude. For starters, Kurgan's hatchet jobs are sheer idiocy. Let me recap that for you, because it really is extraordinarily important: Kurgan is the type of person that turns up his nose at people like you and me. I guess that's because we haven't the faintest notion about the things that really matter, such as why it would be good for him to distract people from serious analysis of the situation.

Kurgan, does the word "macracanthrorhynchiasis" mean anything to you? Sticks and stones may break my bones, but he is unquestionably up to something. I don't know exactly what, but ignorance is bliss. This may be why Kurgan's apparatchiks are generally all smiles.

It takes more than a mass of amoral thieves to provide a positive, confident, and assertive vision of humanity's future and our role in it. It takes a great many thoughtful and semi-thoughtful people who are willing to take the initiative to shatter the illusion that those of us who oppose Kurgan would rather run than fight. Whatever he claims to the contrary, we've all heard Kurgan yammer and whine about how he's being scapegoated again, the poor dear.

I don't know whether or not you've ever been physically present at a public demonstration by his operatives, but let me tell you, they're pretty dour. Last I checked, in his prank phone calls, incendiarism is witting and unremitting, shiftless and uneducated. He revels in it, rolls in it, and uses it to dump effluent into creeks, lakes, streams, and rivers. I plan to work within the system to persuade my fellow citizens that the more pressing news is that Kurgan is a drooling, hydra-headed monster of force and terror, not because I lack the courage for more drastic steps, but because there may be absolutely nothing we can do to prevent Kurgan from making good on his word to perpetuate misguided and questionable notions of other odious carpetbaggers' intentions. When we compare this disturbing conclusion to the comforting picture purveyed by his drones, we experience psychological stress or "cognitive dissonance". Our only recourse is to reveal the truth about Kurgan's tirades.

Forgive me, dear reader, but I must be so tactless as to remind you that for those of us who make our living trying to shoo him away like the annoying bug that he is, it is important to consider that you'd think Kurgan would see how wrongheaded and smarmy he appears. Whatever weight we accord to that fact, we may be confident that if I didn't think Kurgan would encumber the religious idea with too many things of a purely earthly nature and thus bring religion into a totally unnecessary conflict with science, I wouldn't say that if he would abandon his name-calling and false dichotomies, it would be much easier for me to take up the mantle and oppose our human vices wherever they may be found -- arrogance, hatred, jealousy, unfaithfulness, avarice, and so on. Kurgan, as usual, you prove yourself to be perfidious. I do not propose a supernatural solution to the problems we're having with him. Instead, I propose a practical, realistic, down-to-earth approach that requires only that I maximize our individual potential for effectiveness and success in combatting Kurgan. I recently heard him tell a bunch of people that deconstructionism is a noble goal. I can't adequately describe my first reaction to this notion; I simply don't know how to represent uncontrollable laughter in text. In asserting that some people deserve to feel safe while others do not, he demonstrates an astounding narrowness of vision.

Kurgan accuses me of being narrow-minded. Does he aver I'm narrow-minded because I refuse to accept his claim that he is beyond reproach? If so, then I guess I'm as narrow-minded as I could possibly be. If demagogism were an Olympic sport, he would clinch the gold medal. Ladies and gentlemen, when a friend wants to drive inebriated, you try to stop him. Well, Kurgan is drunk with power, which is why we must prevent the production of a new crop of subversive disgusting-types. Look, one of the great mysteries of modern life is, Why doesn't he try doing something constructive for once in his life? That's the question that perplexes me the most, because if you were to tell him that his self-fulfilling prophecies are a masterpiece of obnoxious, jaundiced Fabianism, he'd just pull his security blanket a little tighter around himself and refuse to come out and deal with the real world.

You may balk at this, but Kurgan's statements such as "Unfounded attacks on character, loads of hyperbole, and fallacious information are the best way to make a point" indicate that we're not all looking at the same set of facts. Fortunately, these facts are easily verifiable with a trip to the library by any open and honest individual. Alas, Kurgan complains a lot. What's ironic, though, is that he hasn't made even a single concrete suggestion for improvement or identified a single problem with the system as it exists today. We should exuberantly bring meaning, direction, and purpose into our lives. This implies that he likes thinking thoughts that aren't burdensome and that feel good. That's why I don't care what others say about Kurgan. He's still indecent, ungrateful, and he intends to dupe his co-conspirators into believing that he is the one who will lead us to our great shining future. All Lord Kurgan cares about is money. That is why, come what may, we must expose the connections between the condescending problems that face us and the key issues of priggism and masochism.

This has been my impression of one of Kurgan's posts.

I can't believe you took the time to write all that. Especially since I can't imagine anyone reading it all...

Originally posted by Nylith

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm the founder of the Anti-Lord Kurgan Society. In this letter, I will tell you what made me form such an organization and how I plan to use it to inculcate in the reader an inquisitive spirit and a skepticism about beliefs that Lord Kurgan's coadjutors take for granted. First, the misinformation: Kurgan suggests that obscurity, evasiveness, incomprehensibility, indirectness, and ambiguity are marks of depth and brilliance. Where the heck did he come up with that? My answer is, as always, a model of clarity and the soul of wit: I don't know. However, I do know that you can chalk up incidents such as the ones I've described to the blinkered nature of his convictions. Excuse me; that's not entirely correct. What I meant to say is that the dogs of immoralism are barking up a storm, driven half-mad by the thought that Kurgan has OD'd on pharisaism. And that furious barking is music to my ears, because if he thinks that he has his moral compass in tact, then he's sadly mistaken.

What that means, simply put, is that people often get the impression that grumpy heresiarchs and Kurgan's lapdogs are separate entities. Not so. When one catches cold, the other sneezes. As proof, note that Kurgan and I disagree about our civic duties. I believe that we must do our utmost to take steps toward creating an inclusive society free of attitudinal barriers as expeditiously as possible. Kurgan, on the other hand, believes that a plausible excuse is a satisfactory substitute for performance. On rare occasions, in order to preserve their liberties, sometimes people must create profound emotional distress for people on both sides of the issue. Kurgan does that even when his liberties aren't being threatened.

He can go on saying that he knows the "right" way to read Plato, Maimonides, and Machiavelli, but the rest of us have serious problems to deal with that preclude our indulging in such manipulative dreams just now. My message is clear: I cannot believe how many actual, physical, breathing, thinking people have fallen for his subterfuge. I'm completely stunned. In public, Kurgan vehemently inveighs against corruption and sin. But when nobody's looking, Kurgan never fails to make people weak and dependent.

All the deals he makes are strictly one-way. Kurgan gets all the rights, and the other party gets all the obligations. Jacobinism is the answer, but only if the question was, "What's the moral equivalent of letting Kurgan identify political and religious groups that are his political enemies and re-label them as 'harebrained Kurgan clones' in order to justify operations against them?" Once, just once, I'd like to see his grunts challenge him to defend his scribblings or else to change them. But until they do that (if they ever do that), we must realize that I see how important his disruptive attitudes are to his yes-men and I laugh. I laugh because I can't live with lousy boors who force us to experience the full spectrum of the Kurgan Rainbow of Paternalism. Do I blame society for this? No, I blame Kurgan. Let me move now from the abstract to the concrete. That is, let me give you a (mercifully) few examples of his outrageous ineptitude. For starters, Kurgan's hatchet jobs are sheer idiocy. Let me recap that for you, because it really is extraordinarily important: Kurgan is the type of person that turns up his nose at people like you and me. I guess that's because we haven't the faintest notion about the things that really matter, such as why it would be good for him to distract people from serious analysis of the situation.

Kurgan, does the word "macracanthrorhynchiasis" mean anything to you? Sticks and stones may break my bones, but he is unquestionably up to something. I don't know exactly what, but ignorance is bliss. This may be why Kurgan's apparatchiks are generally all smiles.

It takes more than a mass of amoral thieves to provide a positive, confident, and assertive vision of humanity's future and our role in it. It takes a great many thoughtful and semi-thoughtful people who are willing to take the initiative to shatter the illusion that those of us who oppose Kurgan would rather run than fight. Whatever he claims to the contrary, we've all heard Kurgan yammer and whine about how he's being scapegoated again, the poor dear.

I don't know whether or not you've ever been physically present at a public demonstration by his operatives, but let me tell you, they're pretty dour. Last I checked, in his prank phone calls, incendiarism is witting and unremitting, shiftless and uneducated. He revels in it, rolls in it, and uses it to dump effluent into creeks, lakes, streams, and rivers. I plan to work within the system to persuade my fellow citizens that the more pressing news is that Kurgan is a drooling, hydra-headed monster of force and terror, not because I lack the courage for more drastic steps, but because there may be absolutely nothing we can do to prevent Kurgan from making good on his word to perpetuate misguided and questionable notions of other odious carpetbaggers' intentions. When we compare this disturbing conclusion to the comforting picture purveyed by his drones, we experience psychological stress or "cognitive dissonance". Our only recourse is to reveal the truth about Kurgan's tirades.

Forgive me, dear reader, but I must be so tactless as to remind you that for those of us who make our living trying to shoo him away like the annoying bug that he is, it is important to consider that you'd think Kurgan would see how wrongheaded and smarmy he appears. Whatever weight we accord to that fact, we may be confident that if I didn't think Kurgan would encumber the religious idea with too many things of a purely earthly nature and thus bring religion into a totally unnecessary conflict with science, I wouldn't say that if he would abandon his name-calling and false dichotomies, it would be much easier for me to take up the mantle and oppose our human vices wherever they may be found -- arrogance, hatred, jealousy, unfaithfulness, avarice, and so on. Kurgan, as usual, you prove yourself to be perfidious. I do not propose a supernatural solution to the problems we're having with him. Instead, I propose a practical, realistic, down-to-earth approach that requires only that I maximize our individual potential for effectiveness and success in combatting Kurgan. I recently heard him tell a bunch of people that deconstructionism is a noble goal. I can't adequately describe my first reaction to this notion; I simply don't know how to represent uncontrollable laughter in text. In asserting that some people deserve to feel safe while others do not, he demonstrates an astounding narrowness of vision.

Kurgan accuses me of being narrow-minded. Does he aver I'm narrow-minded because I refuse to accept his claim that he is beyond reproach? If so, then I guess I'm as narrow-minded as I could possibly be. If demagogism were an Olympic sport, he would clinch the gold medal. Ladies and gentlemen, when a friend wants to drive inebriated, you try to stop him. Well, Kurgan is drunk with power, which is why we must prevent the production of a new crop of subversive disgusting-types. Look, one of the great mysteries of modern life is, Why doesn't he try doing something constructive for once in his life? That's the question that perplexes me the most, because if you were to tell him that his self-fulfilling prophecies are a masterpiece of obnoxious, jaundiced Fabianism, he'd just pull his security blanket a little tighter around himself and refuse to come out and deal with the real world.

You may balk at this, but Kurgan's statements such as "Unfounded attacks on character, loads of hyperbole, and fallacious information are the best way to make a point" indicate that we're not all looking at the same set of facts. Fortunately, these facts are easily verifiable with a trip to the library by any open and honest individual. Alas, Kurgan complains a lot. What's ironic, though, is that he hasn't made even a single concrete suggestion for improvement or identified a single problem with the system as it exists today. We should exuberantly bring meaning, direction, and purpose into our lives. This implies that he likes thinking thoughts that aren't burdensome and that feel good. That's why I don't care what others say about Kurgan. He's still indecent, ungrateful, and he intends to dupe his co-conspirators into believing that he is the one who will lead us to our great shining future. All Lord Kurgan cares about is money. That is why, come what may, we must expose the connections between the condescending problems that face us and the key issues of priggism and masochism.

This has been my impression of one of Kurgan's posts.

As one of the few who took the full minute to read that entire post, and one of the fewer who actually understood what you said (and realized you most likely used a flame engine or something like it), I'm terribly sorry but you stumbled onto a gaming forum. You should be looking at http://www.democrats.org/ for all your liberal anti-establishment needs.

No, scratch that, just redirect your ass to http://www.stfunewb.com.

And please don't lord over http://www.dictionary.com for hours trying to make up posts.

In closing,

solution.jpg

It's obvious you did or at least attempt to but i guess your feeble mind could not interpret it... sigh... yet again the defense rests..................

And by the way he is right of his allegations the only time I ever seen Jurgan in a game in the 8 months i played JA was him being a total dick to ppl- in an asteroids game no less- maybe you could call him up sometime- you 2 seem to have a lot in common from all the meaningless posts ive seen from your ass.

p.s tk you can reply all you want but until you can best me to 10 in a dual your opinion means **** to me.... which will never happen- you pick it ill beat you with it, plain and simple... talk it walk it.

And that goes for you to Rumor you both shut the **** up.

much <3 Nylith.....

and edited once more... i cant believe BOTH you douschebags actually took the time to quote his message to your little 2 liner "comebacks".......guess you gotta build those #posts somehow... LOL

Originally posted by saurumonk

It's obvious you did or at least attempt to but i guess your feeble mind could not interpret it... sigh... yet again the defense rests..................

And by the way he is right of his allegations the only time I ever seen Jurgan in a game in the 8 months i played JA was him being a total dick to ppl- in an asteroids game no less- maybe you could call him up sometime- you 2 seem to have a lot in common from all the meaningless posts ive seen from your ass.

p.s tk you can reply all you want but until you can best me to 10 in a dual your opinion means **** to me.... which will never happen- you pick it ill beat you with it, plain and simple... talk it walk it.

And that goes for you to Rumor you both shut the **** up.

much <3 Nylith.....

Oh did you just go there? You actually want to start a flame war with someone whose been on TribalWar since day one?

Wow, guys he went there.

As for quoting his entire post, i'd rather preserve it for posterity. And please, don't hate me because i have more posts than you, not everyone is good enough to be a forum whore.

Rad, the Play Grammar Crusade, please, I have to get to sleep for the big lan tomorrow (just gotta win the cs and the ut2k4 1v1 tourneys hrhr).

edited yet once again... you ever notice it is the ones that constantly spam these forums that you will never find online in a JA game?????? I wonder why that is......

roar.gif

#1 why don't you add on your edits instead of changing it all the time.

#2 i cant believe you actually used the "omg u noz play" card. See those servers in my signature? That is where you will find us when we take the time out of our day to grace you with a thrashing.

mmmm, the darkside is strong in here

:maul5:

Just to clear things up flame wars are dumb. So is attempting to change my mind about the admin commands just like I can't change yours.

Keep in mind I'm done with the JA community as soon as doom3 or HL2 have an SDK for them. Until then you are stuck with me and my 4 crappy admin commands.

Much Love,

HeX

in review:

1-I told you people that all these mod makers care about is being a big fish in a little toilet, anything for that 15 minutes huh guys?

2-Chosen one is a child molester who hangs out in wal-mart parking lots baiting 9 year olds into his van, shoot him if you ever see him.

3-Watching people who name themselves after ****ing lord of the rings characters flame people is like watching two nerds cock fight at a d&d convention. please shut the **** up and go jerk off to some jap cartoon you ****head.

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

in review:

1-I told you people that all these mod makers care about is being a big fish in a little toilet, anything for that 15 minutes huh guys?

2-Chosen one is a child molester who hangs out in wal-mart parking lots baiting 9 year olds into his van, shoot him if you ever see him.

3-Watching people who name themselves after ****ing lord of the rings characters flame people is like watching two nerds cock fight at a d&d convention. please shut the **** up and go jerk off to some jap cartoon you ****head.

This is going up on my wall, laminated and framed.

Originally posted by Rumor

#2 i cant believe you actually used the "omg u noz play" card. See those servers in my signature? That is where you will find us when we take the time out of our day to grace you with a thrashing.

Speaking of which, I think I hear a ball bouncing in the distance... Retard numero uno has left the building.

Originally posted by TK-8252

I can't believe you took the time to write all that. Especially since I can't imagine anyone reading it all...

Aw c'mon TK, you disappoint me:

1) Go online and copy and paste some long rambling speech you find into Wordpad or any word processor. Actually, any old Kurgan post would also suffice (LOL, j/k).

2) Use Find and Replace and replace "King George" or "Adolf Hitler" or whomever the speaker was talking about with "Lord Kurgan". Copy and paste the text into your post. Done.

Originally posted by TK-8252

But I'll just be fair here. I'm losing interest in Jedi Academy altogether now. It's just one short summer vacation until Star Wars Battlefront comes out. Let's hope these coders keep their rotten admin abuse commands out of Battlefront!

Better idea, get one of the other great games that are comming out. I'm sure with Battlefront those starwars "fan" people will just kill that game to.

*sigh*

Once again, a mod gets turned into an admin abuse tool. |:

The problem is not wanting to give the admins options for handling people who are against their server's rules (though I am by NO means a fan of honour code), it's that you make those options the wrong ones. Kick, ban, and perhaps sleep I can see some reasoning behind. But where is the reasoning behind slap? It's not like he's gonna take you seriously when he gets sent flying 10 meters, through the air (trust me, I'm probably one of the most slapped players in the history of JK2), whereas giving him a kick so he has to reconnect will show him you're serious. Or sleep him, so you make sure his attention isn't focused on blowing up other people. Talk with him a bit, then let him go again when he's gotten the message, or just kick him . If he's such a lamer anyway, why keep him on the server, other than for petty amusement with the all powerful /ampunish?

This community has been dying ever since some guy said "hey, I'm Luke Skywalker". Admin mods that allow abuse (note: not just admin mods that enable kick/ban without rcon) are but accelerators for the final kill (which I hope won't come any time soon.... despite the fact that if I want to find out the number code for disabling all weapons but saber, I just have to look at any given FFA server via ASE). Pretty much the only last standing fortresses against this honour/abuse code, are siege and CTF servers, with a few select FFA servers.

If I may remind the saber-only, honour code people; this is an FPS, acronym for "First Person Shooter". Aka a shooting game per definition. Sure, there's a saber in it. But it is still meant to be about fighting - not seeing how many emotes you can show off with in 5 minutes.

Yeah, I'm pretty much done for now... hope that made sense.

*goes back to playing some basejk ctf*

PS: Wal-mart isn't that international, is it? McDonalds' would've made a much better example... ;)

PPS: How can I change my username? Must've been on crack when I registered with this name. :|

All I have to say is GJ HeX :) You took time to make a mod for the guys who like to play JK:JA, that's what I care mostly about. I don't care about the admin abusive commands. Not many admins are abusers; if they are, then just leave the server. If many ppl do that, and the admins see that not many ppl are on their server, they might learn a thing or two about how "good" admin abusing is. And I didn't even take the time to read all of Kurgan's long posts, cuz well, making long posts doesn't make you more correct. On the contrary, long posts force you to repeat yourself, contradict yourself, and other stuff the poster wouldn't want to happen to himself.

Once again, GJ HeX :)

oh n0ez i ph34r j00 gr34t 1 plz dont pwnz meh ina d00l!11111

:roleyess:

Sorry, I don't "duel." I prefer siege, thanks. :roleyess:

Aw c'mon TK, you disappoint me:

1) Go online and copy and paste some long rambling speech you find into Wordpad or any word processor. Actually, any old Kurgan post would also suffice (LOL, j/k).

2) Use Find and Replace and replace "King George" or "Adolf Hitler" or whomever the speaker was talking about with "Lord Kurgan". Copy and paste the text into your post. Done.

Bah, people do some stupid stuff. I would have never thought to do that. Nor would I ever need to...

Hex can speak for himself about his own mod if he wants to. If he didn't want to open himself up for criticism, he should never have released a public mod

I have every right to speak against Hex's foolish decision.

If you can speak against him then I can speak for him (not that he needs it.....).

and support it? we run it on both our servers. not to mention WE (as in ami, my teammates, myself, kurgan, and a few others) were the ones who were pushing it in the first place so don't go down the "you should have supported the mod" bull**** road.

There was a time when your support was given, but it didn't last, so your back supporting it again, then there isn't a problem.

Originally posted by =X=Master HeX

as doom3 or HL2 have an SDK for them. Until then you are stuck with me and my 4 crappy admin commands.

OH NOS HONORXSXZ XMOD 4 DOOM3ANDHL2 OH NOS?!111ONEONEONE....

:indif: i would hate to see what the hell you'd do to HL 2..

*shudders at the thought of crowbar down = peace and crowbar duels..*

Another admin mod flame war on lucasforums? Who would have thought? :)

This game is unique in that it doesn't just attract the competitive gamer, but also star wars fans. The latter group doesn't care so much about the frags, but would rather play Jedi. Ya know what? That's fine. To each their own. That's no reason to piss on their picnic.

Blaming the mod for the actions of crappy admins is like blaming the road for crappy drivers. The two are mutually exclusive. If you don't like a server then don't play on it. No one's forcing you to.

What ruins the community more than abusive mods are these pointless arguments. Who in their right mind would want to be a part of this community after reading crap like all this? Let's all be frineds and play games. :)

BTW: Whatup kurgan and tyrion. Howya been? ;)

Archived