Home

Long Distance Relationships

Acrylic

3 years ago, there was this one girl I liked. Little did I know, she liked me too. At the end of 7th grade, she moved away about 1000 miles away or so. Well, one of my friend's told me her sister's AIM SN (Since me and her were friends, and we went out with eachother once before ^_^), and one day, I was just sitting on the computer, waiting for people to sign onto AIM, and well, her SN, pops up, and Im like "Hey!", and shes like, "Hi whos this?" And Im like "Nick" And I asked how shes doing and all, and she said that she had to sign on a different name cuz that wasnt hers. Anyways, it turned out to be the girl I liked 3 years ago. We started talking and all, and then I told her that I liked her, and she told me she liked me. So, now we really like/love eachother again. Even though we're 1000 miles or so away. Like, she wont be able to live here, but she'd be able to visit.

I'm wondering, (if this made sense to you) what do you think of this situation?

I recommend against long-distance relationships wherever possible, ALTHOUGH in your case it's starting long-distance so that might make it easier. But the inablility to be with the woman you love is enough to drive a man INSANE! In two months I'm going back to college and my girlfriend is staying here as she's only a senior in high school. I'll only bee 100 miles away but even THAT is going to be rough.

But good luck I suppose if you decide to go through with it. I think you're nuts :p

Originally posted by ET Warrior

I recommend against long-distance relationships wherever possible, ALTHOUGH in your case it's starting long-distance so that might make it easier. But the inablility to be with the woman you love is enough to drive a man INSANE! In two months I'm going back to college and my girlfriend is staying here as she's only a senior in high school. I'll only bee 100 miles away but even THAT is going to be rough.

But good luck I suppose if you decide to go through with it. I think you're nuts :p

Haha. I know I am lol.

Anyways, it does drive me insane. Sometimes I tam thinking against it, but I'd never find a girl like her again. I am in love with her. But, like you said, this is seriously driving me insane.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Girls tend to do that even when you can see them, though...:p

They sure can. I mean this is like the summer of me finding out people liked me. Like this one REALLY INSANELY HOT chick from school last year liked me, she woulda went out with me if only I woulda asked her.

I. am. a. dumbass.

haha, yeah you are, me and this girl we liekd each other and she lived pretty far away and we eventually broke up becuase we hadn't seen each other since the first time we met and our feelings just depleted since that day, so yeah it may or may nto wokr out

-my 2 cents

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

Plus, you're pretty young, still. I wouldn't really put a lot of effort into some long distance stuff. No way to visit eachother.

Yeah...

You're crazy Acrylic. :p

jk!

If you and her like each other enough, it can happen, though it'd be pretty hard...

Acrylic, this is exactly what happened to me. But mine ends in a different way.

She moved to USA 2 years ago, and I haven't seen her since then. But as some rocksinger sang "Every time I close my eyes, I can't escape your face. You're out of sight, but always on my mind".

We talked on msn some times, but because of the timezones it got a little tricky. But one day some mounths ago she suddenly said something like:

- You know I'm coming home in august?

And I'm like:

- w-w-what? Are you gonna stay here then?

- Yeah...

- Forever?

- I hope so :p

And now I'm happy :)

Originally posted by |GG|Carl

Acrylic, this is exactly what happened to me. But mine ends in a different way.

She moved to USA 2 years ago, and I haven't seen her since then. But as some rocksinger sang "Every time I close my eyes, I can't escape your face. You're out of sight, but always on my mind".

We talked on msn some times, but because of the timezones it got a little tricky. But one day some mounths ago she suddenly said something like:

- You know I'm coming home in august?

And I'm like:

- w-w-what? Are you gonna stay here then?

- Yeah...

- Forever?

- I hope so :p

And now I'm happy :)

Thats awesome to hear.

I mean, Im still gonna date other chicks here, and I'm sure she'll do the same. If she falls in love with another guy, Id be glad for her, and she said the same for me. So, Im not gonna sit throughout all of highschool without going out with someone.

Heh heh. And I would walk 500 miles, and I would walk 500 more! ;)

I am a shy fellow, I admit. But I do know a girl who I love to bits. But I would need to travel a bit across country to reach her now...so I don't even bother saying anything. I would be willing to, don't get me wrong, but I just don't know if she would be willing to wait for me to get the money ect. I don't even know if she feals the same way, and I am afriad to ask.

But if its really important to you, go on and try it. If you really love her, and she loves you, it can work. But make sure it IS love, and not infatuation.

Originally posted by Acrylic

...one day, I was just sitting on the computer, waiting for people to sign onto AIM, and well, her SN, pops up, and Im like "Hey!", and shes like, "Hi whos this?" And Im like "Nick"

Like, OMG, Gag me with a spoon!

Sorry I had to :)

Eh, I am in one. Started this way too. NP here. Just takes a lot of work...and maybe a webcam :¬:

:xp:

Originally posted by Mike Windu

I'd advise against long distance relationships too. They never work out. Plus you're young acrylic, go explore within a 10 mile radius eh? :D

look at you mr excersize :D

My advice is go for it. But, to quote Bender 'keep some floozes on the side'. What i have no morals. Im happy with who i am

keep in touch, sure. then one day if she does come back and you happen to be single you can get your grove on.

but personally i think long distance relationships are a waste of time. maybe not if you would see each other at least a couple of times a year. if not then, like astro said, they're plenty of other fish in the sea, if fish are your thing... there are plenty if women too, but i would look for them in malls, not the sea.

Yeah, thats a good way to look at it. I stil will keep in touch with her, but I'll prolly go out w/ other people.

Heh, thing I found out tho, instead of her being a year older than me, shes 2 yrs older than me. Shes 17.

So, I dunno, would that be able to lead to some problems?

It depends on the girl as to that being a problem. My current girlfriend is a little weirded out by a girl dating a younger guy, but she's fine with me being 2 years older than her. But my roommate at college is dating a girl that's at least a year older than him and it doesn't affect their relationship any.

Since there's a good chance of nothing really materializing between you two for awhile, her being that thousand miles away an all, you'll probably be at least 18 if you ever start really dating, and by then 2 years means next to nothing.

Archived