Home

Imperial vs. Republic

Lord Tyreal

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would agree with you. Personally the clone's i think are stronger since they were created when we (and by that I mean Lucas and humans and stuff like that) had better tech so we could make them more realistic and there machines more real to making them seem stronger and cooler.

The movies make little sense concerning the war. Experienced elite soldiers and pilots on the Empire's side (that by the way had an enormous fleet and a Death Star and two very powerful Sith) lose against little Rebels. It's just made up so the good guys win, but in reality the Empire would have beaten the Rebels.

also false, the Rebels had an almost as big army. They were better pilots because they didnt always go by the book and they had shields and leaders from the Original Republic. And the movies didnt show them win it all. They just had their leaders gone. In the books, you can see how it goes on, against the Remnant, warlords, new people, and others.

I think the clones would win 1 reason why is because of the fact that when they were fighting they were getting there ass's kicked by stones by the ewoks and secondly the clones looked more trained and more deciplend

i know this is a little off topic but were did some of the members get those clone avatars.

Also in JA you hear a guy say that he used to be a stormtropper. So the storm troopers probaby wern't clones.

I just think the clones would win since they had cooler vehicles and had better special effects available to them. It just bothers me how the prequels show a more advance scenerio the ot.

The Clones would win, hands down.

Storm Troopers where NOT weak, but they weren’t up to the standards of the Clone Troopers. Clone Troopers where Mandalorians, Humans who have evolved FOR war. Storm Troopers are just plain ol' Humans.

And the Clones came from one of the, if not THE greatest Mandalorian of all time, Jango Fett. They where a powerful force to be reckoned with, and they would have defeated an army of Storm Troopers.

Storm Troopers where good shock troopers, but they just weren’t nearly on par with the Clones. But, as one of the other posters stated, there reason for sucking so bad, was because they where the bad guys. ;)

Stormtroopers are like toy soldiers, like the german stormtroopers in WWII. In american movies they're pictured like lousy and weak soldiers. The fact is, german were the leetest soldiers of all the world. Too bad the were used for such a bad thing. If George Lucas would've made the stormies as leet as Obi Wan pictured them after the Ewok and Homestead massacres, then, there was no way the rebels could ever win. Instead they shoot like monkeys, and fall dead in countless numbers, like germans in that Top Secret movie.

Clonetroopers are supposed to be the perfect soldiers, yet they exists no more in Episode IV, and mandalorians are gone too. The best imperial soldiers, pilots, and officers defect and become elite rebels.

It's a mess.

i dont meen to be rude but how do you know all of this yaeb who talk as if you know everything like your reading off of george lucas's mind but anyways I belive the stormtoopers are weak because their regular humans that is said many times in starwars.com hyperspace member who can see exclusive stuff and is not pirated or false like most people see on these message boards but im sure their are other hyperspace members also.

The Stormtroopers seemed very impressive at the beginning of IV but then it kinda went down hill right up to VI when they had gone as low as being beaten by ewoks.

(sigh) No this will not do...

You would think that the stormtrooper would evolve on from the clone troopers seeing how you would expect improvements as they move on through time and technology but I think the clone troopers may well be the better trained, more purier to their technique. Yeah I would agree seeing how the humans would have room for error in their training and have drifted from their clones trooper counter part. Pity really that stormtroopers should be so well talked of (Obi-Wan commented they had accurate aim) yet fail to do so in the film and books and comics come to think about it.

Originally posted by Lord Tyreal

i dont meen to be rude but how do you know all of this yaeb who talk as if you know everything like your reading off of george lucas's mind

yes. You see, I'm a bright guy, so when I was in school and finished my work, I'd just read. I've read every star wars book save for the two newest and a few of the kid books. If it has star wars on it, I'll most likely either get it or rent it or seriously look into it. I am a huge SW fan and just study it almost religiously. I know pretty much everything about star wars save for stuff in certain video games and miniscule details in the books I havent read. I know there must be someone who knows more about it then me, but in maybe two years, I am confident that you can count the number of people superior in star wars knowledge on one hand. Yes, I am a nerd of sorts in that my brain is nerdy, but I act uncharacteristic of a nerd. I play sports, hike, go camping, run, fight, do all kinds of stuff. any star wars questions you may have, catch me on AIm my name is yaebginn or email me at yaebginn@hotmail.com

Originally posted by yaebginn

yes. You see, I'm a bright guy, so when I was in school and finished my work, I'd just read. I've read every star wars book save for the two newest and a few of the kid books. If it has star wars on it, I'll most likely either get it or rent it or seriously look into it. I am a huge SW fan and just study it almost religiously. I know pretty much everything about star wars save for stuff in certain video games and miniscule details in the books I havent read. I know there must be someone who knows more about it then me, but in maybe two years, I am confident that you can count the number of people superior in star wars knowledge on one hand. Yes, I am a nerd of sorts in that my brain is nerdy, but I act uncharacteristic of a nerd. I play sports, hike, go camping, run, fight, do all kinds of stuff. any star wars questions you may have, catch me on AIm my name is yaebginn or email me at yaebginn@hotmail.com

You're not a bright guy, everyone read books. The only way I can get Star Wars books is by an online store or EBay. So I only read the 3 books of Jedi Academy Trilogy and The Truce At Bakura.

Pah, to be honest, I only think the armors from stormtroopers and clonetroopers are sexy :p. All white and shiny. But come on! Who the hell got the idea of making assault troops with white armor if you're not fighting on the snow??? To be sitting ducks? That's just stupid.

and how exactly does that not make me a bright guy? It doesnt matter if I read no Star Wars books, I'd still be as smart as I am. Too bad that you cant get the books, but if you could, it wouldnt make you any smatter or any stupider.

Originally posted by yaebginn

and how exactly does that not make me a bright guy? It doesnt matter if I read no Star Wars books, I'd still be as smart as I am. Too bad that you cant get the books, but if you could, it wouldnt make you any smatter or any stupider.

That's what I said... It seemed from your previous post that you think it makes you smart... never mind.

Archived