Home

Scaling Help?

thesubconscious

Do you mean start the game scale X amount of times or to dynamically scale in game?

If you want the model scaled just X amount of times, you can either add the line "scale 2" to scale it by two times in that particular .npc file.

I think you can also do it in the misc_model entity - add the line _modelscale as an entity key. For npc's you may have to use scale as an entity key

As for dynamic scaling.... You'll have to ask someone else:)

Yes, thank you. I forgot to say that I was asking about model scaling, player & NPC. So I have to add an entity? I'm not sure what that is. I'm not a coder really at all, except that I get in all the .dat files, sabs, .skins. and customize those to suit & that doesnt qualify as codeing,no... I'm a character & object modeler. So, with the scaling, to a beginner-level coder, how does one go about adding this entity? It's not as simple as placing the modelscale.cfg in the base, or is it? I mean after you input the modelscale entity? I greatly appreciate the help.

Is there a way I could get the Player-Model Scaling script into another mod that didnt already have it? like say, for instance, allow it to work with JKA pure & simple, patched? or Open Jedi Project mod? I tried copying the Modelscale.cfg from the JA+MOD into the OJP folder but it didnt resize the model. Don't all the mods basically use the TCK(or whatever its called) scale script? isnt it basically free to use? I was just wondering how to implement it, cause I'd like to see my models their realistic sizes.

Archived